Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Guys Are NOT Going To Believe This!

It is true that widowers tend to remarry extremely quickly after the death of their wives and that this may be seen as an act of homage to the first wife for it indicates that the widower found great happiness in the state of marriage, but in this case it does seem as though the wealthy Mr P did run willingly into the arms of a conniving broad some considerable time before his wife was actually dead. Now she has managed to get her granddaughter on the payroll, too, by getting the old guy to adopt her even though the kid has a father who is alive and well.

Carlene had reported earlier that Mrs P had been pretty much abandonned by her mate once he became involved with her caretaker. It seems that Mrs P was ultimately warehoused in a facility and this is where she died. A further affront was that Mrs P, a Catholic, was not given a proper funerary Mass and burial. Her importance to her mate, indeed the very fact of her existance, was more or less tidied away and brushed under the rug.

It is very painful for a friend to observe such a death.

Carlene,

You know what they say "Different strokes for different folks". And then I guess you really have to ask, was his marriage to Mrs. P a strong one. Sometimes folks can put on good appearances. He may have been having some romantic affair with that other woman for some time. It doesnt make it right but you just dont know what really goes on between two people. I just hope the guy doesnt get taken for a ride.

I just re-read your first thread on Mr P. I am with you 100%. This man is a creep. Or the new Mrs P just gives one hell of a.... you know (wink-wink).

My first husband left me and our 18 month old son for my very good friend. So needless to say Mr P's actions have left me with a nasty taste in my mouth also.

I will pray that all of this does not continue to be a wedge between you and your DH and that your DH will come to terms with the fact that Mr & the nasty, scanky, trampy, gutter slag, gold-digging whore, new Mrs P are never going to be you friends.

I suspect that the issue here is one of love. Carlene and her husband were friends with the original couple, and had known them for a very, very long time. They had come to see the marital relationship of this couple as being both profound and loving. Certainly this couple had had an unusual start and one that was, well, powerfully romantic. (See Carlene's earlier commentary.) It is certain that this relationship seemed to be a solid one and one which would undoubtedly last a lifetime.

That this woman's mate so easily unhooked himself from his dying wife while she was in extremis and then so quickly transferred his allegiance to another woman would be painful for any friend of this couple to watch. How could it not be? Well, this was the position in which Carlene found herself while her friend was dying.

That her friend's husband had suddenly shown himself to be utterly careless, insensitive, egotistical, and libidinous in the face of this loss must have been both appalling and painful. That her husband had appeared to sanction this by continuing to remain friends with Mr P cannot have been reassuring to Carlene for the offense is two-fold: not only has the so-called loving husband of the newly dead woman both betrayed her and treated her like trash; but the carelessness with which other folk approach Mr P's behaviour both indicates a degree of sanctioned disrespect towards this maltreated dead woman and also holds the threat of a sanctioned disrespect towards all of us who die first.

Let me speak quite bluntly. It is not a pleasant thing to consider that you will be casually dumped into the nearest garbage bin once you cease to be emotionally, financially, and sexually viable.

Loving mates who leave first are supposed to be quite happy to find that their partners have found solace and company. They do, however, want to be properly grieved over and given their dues. That is their proper right, is it not?

What comes around goes around I say!

Karma comes in many strange ways. God help him if he comes down with an illness and his new wifey ships him off to a hospital!

I really dont understand why so many people lose their understanding of what virtue and integrity is.

I sure hope he isnt being played for a fool, but from what I have read, it wouldnt surprise me if he is.

Big time! What you sow, you reap. For all the lives Mr. P hurt, for the things he said and did. Now he'd better walk gently, he has a minus debit that life will call for payment eventually.

What possible reason does Mr. P have to adopt his new wife's 17 year old granddaughter??? At 17, she's not a little girl looking for a new father figure. (Except maybe a sugar daddy.) Besides, she has a real father who has a presence in her life. You gotta think about what would motivate these people.

Mr. P could be doing it because she's a lovely thing that he has a fondness for, and whom he'd like to make sure is taken care of since she's had some hard knocks in life (her mother being an addict, for instance.) Or he could be doing it because the new Mrs. P has pleaded a case for not leaving the granddaughter out in the cold in their new relationship - or some other nonsense that a man thinking with his little head might buy into.

The new Mrs. P might also have the same goal of wanting to take care of her granddaughter, with only the best of intentions. Likely? Not.

OR... the new Mrs. P might just want to wrap up the $2 Million package by establishing a neat and tidy little family to inherit all he's got with no questions asked by the courts. (Courts might tend to wonder why a new wife's granddaughter should get some of his money when he dies.)

The whole thing gets stinkier and stinker by the post. If I were Carlene's DH, I would make it a daily project to check the kitchen, bathroom and garage cabinets on a regular basis to make sure there are no new arsenic purchases lying about.

I'm curious. Is it "what comes around, goes around" or "what goes around, comes around?" I'm feeling befuddled about this.