Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would like a mentor

Right now I'm going through the necessary tests to be approved. I'm not sure when I will have surgery...may not be until October although I hope this summer. I would like to have someone to talk to. Thanks!

I recently started my required 6 month program and will likely have surgery in Oct. or Nov. As well! I figure I'll have lots of support from the Center's team, wean off the coffee and get used to Protein Shakes during this time, LOL! I need to do my sleep apnea test and not sure if anything else since all my labs were great. I'd love a mentor too but I also find lots of help in many threads right here. :)

I recently started my required 6 month program and will likely have surgery in Oct. or Nov. As well! I figure I'll have lots of support from the Center's team, wean off the coffee and get used to Protein Shakes during this time, LOL! I need to do my sleep apnea test and not sure if anything else since all my labs were great. I'd love a mentor too but I also find lots of help in many threads right here. :)

I was lucky/unlucky enough not to need to do the 6 month program prior. My BMI was 53%. I had the sleeve done Dec 18th so almost 5 months post. I know tye riggers of cutting things out but i had less than 2 months to prepare. Its good that u start working on getting rid of all the things that are harmful. I decided to do this journey in Oct and by Dec it was all real. I was extrememly addicted to Pasta, pop and emotional eating plus i smoked. So i feel what ur doing right now. Im here to tell you that it is all worth it. The more you lose now the easier your surgery will go and the more fit u get now the easier recovery will be. So stick to it and look at the end game. I started at 356, lost 23lbs in my 2 wks prior to surgery and 89lbs in total since dec 6th. If you have questions or just need some encouragement please feel free to ask. If i can help i surely will.

Right now I'm going through the necessary tests to be approved. I'm not sure when I will have surgery...may not be until October although I hope this summer. I would like to have someone to talk to. Thanks!

Hello. My name is Kim and I am mow almost 5 months post. I has lost 89lbs and going strong. I decided to do this journey last Oct and had surgery om Dec 18th. It can be a quick or lengthy process. I wish u luck. Im hoping in the last couple weeks u have found something out. Keep me posted and any help or encouragement i can offer let me know. Good luck and i hope u get to get on this journey with the rest of us.

Thanks, my appointment with the surgeon is tomorrow! I still need my nutrition class and that should be it unless he wants me to have more tests. I will update and add you as a friend!

Awesome! Good luck tomorrow. Do you need to do the 6 month program prior or do you get to go right to pre-op and surgery.

I'm here & looking for one myself! I had my Sleeve on 1/6 & Lap Choley (Gallbladder Removal) on 2/10! I did so good the first week, loosing 18 pounds, & then BAM, my GB threw me for a loop! It messed up my Protein Intake, Vitamins, you name it! I had to go to the hospital b/c my Potassium Levels were so dangerously low I was threatening a Heart Attack!!!

Let me if you'd like a "BRiatric Buddy" & how we do it!!!!

Hello. My name is Kim and I am mow almost 5 months post. I has lost 89lbs and going strong. I decided to do this journey last Oct and had surgery om Dec 18th. It can be a quick or lengthy process. I wish u luck. Im hoping in the last couple weeks u have found something out. Keep me posted and any help or encouragement i can offer let me know. Good luck and i hope u get to get on this journey with the rest of us.

Hello Kim!!! I'd love to be Bariatric Buddies! I've just hit 4 months Post Op & I'm around 46-47 pounds & I want loose at least that much more. I was doing so good; first week, 18 pounds, & then my Gallbladder went crazy! Nothing would stay in my body! I had to get fluids, & my Potassium was so dangerously low I was at high risk for a Heart Attack. It's been at battle but I think I'm finally getting on the right track! I'm taking my Proteins shakes, that I actually don't mind, & eating healthy. If you're interested please respond on here & let me know b/c I'm not sure how the in & outs are of the group! Hope to hear soon! Alicha

This is kim. So glad to hear that things got straightened out for you. I can'tt begin to imagine the complications that brouht for you but sounds like you're on the right track now. I have been very lucky and have had absolutely no complications. I too am down about half of what i need to lose. My ultimate goal is to be about 170 so i still have about 90 more to go.i have a bigger build to myself and feel that if i went to much smaller than that i will look too thin. I started at 356 but my highest weight was 378. I was devistated. I have tried over 20 years and countless diets but just couldnt get there on my own. I truly wish I had done this years ago but better late than never right? I hope all is well with you and will wait to hear back from you. Tell me a little more about yourself. Kim

Edited by kimba6999

It's looking like I won't need the six month diet...here's what we are doing, I'm going to get my flow chart/weigh in for May, and everything but my flow charts will be sent in to see if I'm approved without them because the way it looks my insurance quit requiring them, BUT, just in case they deny me, my ace inthe hole will be me having three flow charts and I will just do the other three and then resubmit for approval. My nutrition class is scheduled for May 19, so then it gets submitted to insurance. I hope I made sense, I'm tired lol.

It makes total sense. My fingers are crossed that they'll approve you the first time. Do you know what your current BMI is? I didnt have to do the 6 month before because my BMI was so high. I started at 53% and down to 40% already. Good luck on the 19th.