Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omega loop gastric bypass Australia

I there I am booked in for an Omega loop gastric bypass revised from a stretched sleeve in Australia on the 29th May, is there anyone else here from Oz that's had the same op?

Me!

Mine wasn't a revision though.

Where in Australia are you?

I'm in Perth,how's your bypass going

Cool.

My bypass is going well I'm still adjusting and learning.

I think the revision will be good as it combines some malabsorbtion. Will you get your sleeve reduce in size again?

Phil

I hope so, but I'm not sure. I see the dietician on Wednesday which I guess is good as I'm not sure how long the opti diet has to be before hand. How long did your surgery take?

I hope so, but I'm not sure. I see the dietician on Wednesday which I guess is good as I'm not sure how long the opti diet has to be before hand. How long did your surgery take?

Mine took about 1.5hrs (I think, i can't exactly remember) BUT that being said the Dr booked the theater for 3 hours as I was his first ever Omega Loop patient. At my last visit he told me he is doing on others now too which is great!! Apparently it's all the rage in Europe and has fantastic results (inline with RNY and Sleeve)

Who was your surgeon?

Who was your surgeon?

Dr. Greg Nolan on the Gold Coast.

hi there

I had the Omega loop bypass 4 weeks ago! We have the same surgeon. I had a band and a sleeve and stretched the sleeve also. This was another surgeon too. I cannot fault Dr Dolan he is the best. My surgery was 26 March. I spent full five days in hospital because the drain was still draining so until it runs nearly clear you have to stay in! I was ready to go home at day 2! So far I have lost 11kg in the 4 weeks. I am wrapped. You have to be careful as you don't feel any restriction so you have to be disciplined and stop and a cup of food. Definitely don't eat then drink wait 30 mins , as I did this the other day and had the shakes, sweats and was vomiting and vomiting. Lucky I was not at work. I am now back at work and doing great. I am so happy. I am back to power walking 3 km every day and try get a day in for a break. Now I am on solids iam eating high Protein foods, turkey, fish, chicken, etc. I am on the net researching receipe ideas all the time. You will love Jessica the dietician she is great. Really take on board her advice. I started at 117 in 2003 when I was first banded. I did loose 25kg with the sleeve in 2007 and put it back on after the stretching. I weighed 100 on the 26 March for my bypass and now 89. I am down from 22, 20, to size 18. Get excited as its a new life! If the surgery is Keyhole you will be up and running after 2 weeks like me. Although Dr Dolan wanted me to rest for 4, so that's the advice I took and didn't go back to work but I did start walking! I haven't experienced dumping yet as I am too scared to eat or drink 1 thing bad, so that's good! My next appt with dietician and Dr Dolan is 3 June. He gave me a goal of 83 and I hope I can get there!

Keep in touch!

Leanne

Keep in touch! Leanne

Hi Leanne, thanks for that it's great to hear from someone that's had the same experience, really glad to hear it's going well for you. I agree Kevin is great although I'm still a little nervous as he hasn't done many of the loop ops before. We you at Hollywood and were you in intensive care for the 1st 2 days? He said that I would. I saw Jessica on Tuesday although it was only a short appointment because she had seen me before with the sleeve, it was great, I've ordered all my supplements from band buddies including the recipe book and feel more prepared this time.

Unfortunately I will probably only get a week off work this time (aft I go home) as I'm not telling them about the surgery

When Kevin went in, did he revise your sleeve too?

Chat soon

Paul

Hi Paul

yeah I have a new sleeve, not a pouch.

I wasn't in Intensive care, Dr Dolan did say I would be. I told people at work as I needed the support. But I understand if you don't. It is very personal. I get my Vitamins from chemist warehouse it's so much cheaper! Hopefully you can go back to work after a week. I still felt bit giddy... be strong thru the Fluid and puree stage as it really takes it out of you!

Hellos have a personal question, I understand if you don't want to answer on here but what was your gap with Kevin and what did the apnea thesis charge?

Paul

Hellos have a personal question, I understand if you don't want to answer on here but what was your gap with Kevin and what did the apnea thesis charge?

Paul

Dr Dolan charged 6k and anethatist charged 3. I used my super as mine was lifesaving surgery my diabetes was out of control and affecting my kidney and liver and I could have died, so I was approved through, my super fund for the whole amount otherwise 9k was just not happening!

I can understand why it was life threatening wow, Dolan is charging me the same but the anaethesist (bad spelling sorry) is only charging 1k

We're you in Holywood?

I can understand why it was life threatening wow, Dolan is charging me the same but the anaethesist (bad spelling sorry) is only charging 1kWe're you in Holywood?

yes sorry I was in hollywood