Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Memorial Day Challenge

To add a bit to the conversation about the "spreadsheet"...

• The sheet is set up for "read-only" as it is posted in a space on the Internet that "belongs" to me in order to make it accessible by anyone with the link.
  • While there won't be much to see in the first couple of weeks, the sheet should be set up to allow you to interact just a bit with it. For example...
    • A click on the "Overview" tab will let you see at a glance how the group is doing as a whole.
    • Want to know who will be getting some recognition for crossing a decade border during the current week? Look at column "U" on the "Stats" tab.
    • Want to see what your progress looks like over the life of the challenge? Click on your name in the selection box on the "Losses Graph" and/or "Weights" tab.
    • Want to play a bit of "what if" with your own, or someone else's stats? Go ahead and type in your own values. It won't hurt a thing as you won't be able to save the document.

I've automated as much as I can on the sheet to make it easy for me to track, and I've tried to spice it up just a bit to make it fun for, and useful to, the group as a whole. It's pretty basic stuff, but I really do enjoy watching other individuals, and the team, progress each week; it drives me to keep working hard and gives me confidence when I'm struggling. Seeing others struggle, and ultimately win, are some of the best confidence boosting actions in my week...and I, for one, love it!

Happy losing!!!

Edited by Bea Amaya

Bea,

correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you started the spreadsheet with the date "April 28th", whereas it's the 21st. Seems we have 5 weeks of logging in after all!

Bea can I still get in on this my starting weight is 179 my goal by Memorial Day is 169

The 21st is just the starting weight. It isnt an active weigh in..its just the baseline for the challenge.

The active weigh ins begin on the 28th, which makes it the first weigh in.

The end of the challenge is the last day...most weigh ins dont typically count the first and last recorded numbers. Their used to measure the overall success of said challenge.

Edited by gomekast

Bea,

correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you started the spreadsheet with the date "April 28th", whereas it's the 21st. Seems we have 5 weeks of logging in after all!

Looking...

Okay...while @@gomekast's explanation was right on the money on the first weigh-in information, EarthyGoalie is absolutely correct. I DID miss a week!

YIKES!

Corrections have now been made. But April 21 is definitely the baseline measure and when we weigh-in on the 28th next Monday, we'll have our Week 1 measures. Week 2 will be May 5, Week 3 will be May 12, Week 4 will be May 19, and we will end up on Week 5 measurements being entered on Memorial Day (observed), Monday May 26.

So sorry for the omission, confusion, etc. Some of you may want to adjust your goal weights based on this adjustment. Again, my apologies and THANKS for stepping in and helping me make the corrections!

Edited by Bea Amaya

Is there still time to get in on this?!

Looking...

Okay...while @@gomekast's explanation was right on the money on the first weigh-in information, EarthyGoalie is absolutely correct. I DID miss a week!

YIKES!

Corrections have now been made. But April 21 is definitely the baseline measure and when we weigh-in on the 28th next Monday, we'll have our Week 1 measures. Week 2 will be May 5, Week 3 will be May 12, Week 4 will be May 19, and we will end up on Week 5 measurements being entered on Memorial Day (observed), Monday May 26.

So sorry for the omission, confusion, etc. Some of you may want to adjust your goal weights based on this adjustment. Again, my apologies and THANKS for stepping in and helping me make the corrections!

No need for apologies! I'm sure you spend a lot of time on this. Thank you! :-)

So I realized I forgot part of my stats! So staring will be 181 and goal is 174! I've been stalled for the past 2 challenges :(

Count me in!!! Current weight 224 goal 200 !!! Hopeful I will make it!!

Cw191 Gw 181 Lofty but that's why it's a goal. This is just the kick in the pants I needed.

I'm going to adjust my goal weight from 181 to 179!!!

Edited by gomekast

Hello,

4-20-14 147 lbs

4-21-14 147 lbs

Mamorial Day - I would like to be in the 130's.

I hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss! Take Care.