Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on April 4, 2007

My name is Lauren and I'm 48 years old. I just had the lap band on April 4 and almost one week later I'm still drinking Protein drinks and eating lots of sugar free Jello. I'm not hungry but I would love a hamburger:hungry:.

I went to MMPC in Grand Rapids and Dr. Foote was my surgeon. The surgery took 1/2 hour and I felt great afterwards. No problems, a bit of gas but I thought it would be lots more pain. MMPC puts you on a Protein diet for 2 weeks before the surgery and I think that is why the surgery went off so well.:clap2:

I am 5 ft 6 and post op I weighed in at 288. I would love to get below 200 and eventually weigh 160.

I can't think of anything else to say except if there are any questions about my surgery or diet please write to me. I'm still new at this so I'm still figuring this out:help:

Thanks for listening,

Lauren

Congrat's! I was banded on the 3rd, feeling so much better. Glad to hear your surgery went well.

Lauren,

Welcome to the band!! I will be banded three weeks tomorrow and am loving it. I am on the mushie (soft food) stage. I found this site before I was banded and it answered about 99.9% of the questions I had. Congrats on taking the steps to a healther you.

Hi,

I am reading along to learn all I can before my surgery. I am scheduled June 7. I live in VA and the surgeon I am going to is experienced which could be the reason for the date! that is the only discouraging part now that I have been approved, is the waiting.

how did your surgery go? I am a little worried about that part, but the process seems less evasive than the bypass. I do not have enought weight to qualify for that, my bmi is 36. I am 48 years old too! But I am at the highest weight I have ever been :cry . I am really looking forward to this change, but I am scared of what I will eat in the end. we all like to eat, that is why we are here.

Hang in there, keep us posted on your challenges and accomplishments! I think it is great for us to learn together. the surgery is more popular than I thought.

Janine

Hello,

My surgery went great, but I think it's because I followed the Protein diet that MMPC suggested. I think all Protein makes the healing better. I have a lot of gas but that is a good thing. Today, 5 days after surgery, I feel hungry and really want to eat. I've been reading other people's postings and they said that they can eat right after surgery. My doctor has us on 4 Proteins a day and all the sugar free Jello and sugar free popciles. I did call today and they said I can have sugar free pudding. I already had three of those and I don't think it's a good thing.

I don't feel hungry but I want to eat. Hopefully, I'll learn the difference between the two.

Other then the hunger I am amazed how wonderful and smooth the surgery went. I think so much depends on the doctor and the nurses. I really couldn't of asked for a better experience.

When I called the office the dietician asked if I had head hunger or stomach hunger..So I think that will be the hardest..but i'll learn:phanvan

GOod luck..I'll keep in touch

Lauren