Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it hits me...... No Beer!

We have a local gastropub that is always packed and there is usually an hour wait for a table. My husband and I will order a beer flight, I have one he has the other 3 or 4 depending on what we order. I have no problems drinking my small glass of beer, and then an hour or so later having dinner. I will say that the alcohol sneaks up on me, and after only 1 beer, or 1/2 of a vodka cranberry I'm tipsy. I'm like you a few drinks a year at most, but pre-surgery I could handle my liquor with no problem, now lol not so much. I will also let you know that if alcohol hits you like it does me, the tipsy feeling only last 15 or 20 mins. I am totally sober by meal time, and don't have to worry about eating too much due to lower inhibitions. It's a weird buzz, it hits quickly and disappears just as quickly. I'm aware the beer is empty calories, but it's something I enjoy, and it hasn't slowed my weight loss at all.

And my family/friends benefit that I can be DD when we go out. I have a drink early in the evening, then switch to either Water or iced tea. I also saved a TON on my last cruise by not drinking anything at all. Usually on vacation I have a drink with dinner each night, this time I had a coffee or hot tea on the lido deck when everyone else was having a midnight snack (really a second dinner imho), and was totally happy with that substitution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches