Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Missouri....St. Charles County Sleevers

hi hope all is well Dr. Minikin is doing my surgery on October 2nd. Please tell me your experience. Is he a good dr!

Carlagrant. Dr Minkin is very nice and very thorough. He takes his time and answered all my questions. The overnight stay in the hospital wasn't bad but my surgery was later afternoon and I should have stayed a second night. Felt queasy and crabby but it turned out fine. Make your. f/u appt with the nutrition nurse for the same day as your one week post op. Makes it easy. You can ask me any questions you have, I'm only 2 weeks out but doing good so far. Good luck!

Carlagrant. Dr Minkin is very nice and very thorough. He takes his time and answered all my questions. The overnight stay in the hospital wasn't bad but my surgery was later afternoon and I should have stayed a second night. Felt queasy and crabby but it turned out fine. Make your. f/u appt with the nutrition nurse for the same day as your one week post op. Makes it easy. You can ask me any questions you have, I'm only 2 weeks out but doing good so far. Good luck!

thank you! Glad everything went well for you!

I live in the edwardsville area, but work in St. Louis at Mercy Hospital. Had my surgery in Washington, Mo. Had surgery the 7/14-- eating solid food for a few weeks and has been going great. I started this journey feb 6. I've lost 82 pounds since I started. 23 lbs on liquid preop diet. 35.6 lbs since surgery.

Edited by vanessak8

I from the St. Louis area, I currently have lap band and really want to switch over to the sleeve. My insurance now doesn't cover bariatric surgery. Is anyone private pay or know of any loop holes to get some of it covered. My last upper gi showed a hernia and I thought I have read something in the past about

Hi, I live in ofallon mo. I would love tO have a buddy! I was sleeved on 4/23 by Dr Wagner. I'm down 105lbs but have been stuck for for 3 weeks. Trying to figure out how to step it up. Had alot of Hair loss at the beginning but it was because I was not eating enough Protein. I'm doing better with that now

New to bariatric pal, I'm in St.Charles Co. Would love some local support. I had my surgery on 8/18/14 down 63lbs so far but .... The scale is stuck!!! Any suggestions?????

I know this thread is from 2014. But I am from O'Fallon, MO and would like to know how you all are doing. I am being sleeved in August.

I know this thread is from 2014. But I am from O'Fallon, MO and would like to know how you all are doing. I am being sleeved in August.

Hi MoeMee, Welcome to the group. I was sleeve in Nov 2014 and I'm doing well. I'm down 100 lbs...almost to goal. Who is doing your surgery?

Wow that is great. Chris Eagon Barnes West County.

I was between gastric bypass or sleeve and I'm leaning towards sleeve.