Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

32 pounds in the 10 weeks post surgery while my friend lost 50 in 8...

We were at the same starting weight too give or take 10lbs (I WAS HEAVIER!)

Surgery was 1/21. I had a very rough recovery, had the notorious three week stall which lasted 3 WEEKS, and have been feeling like my progress is NOT where it should be. I hardly ate or drank anything after surgery for at least a month. I had Water nausea & everything. Puree phase was the worst...I just could NOT eat and the sight of Protein shakes made me heave.

She, on the other hand, had a super easy recovery and lost almost 20lbs more than me at this stage (her surgery was in Aug & 8 weeks later she was down 50)

I just started tracking food- right now I'm having about 800-900 calories most days & I just started back to doing vigorous exercise this last two weeks. Tuesday I did a 63 minute spin class and ate 1500 calories that day. I felt that was WAY too much. I don't even like going over 1000 calories but according to FitnessPal, those 63 minutes burned off 1100 calories...

Anyway, I've done over 190 minutes of exercise this week and lost only 2 friggin pounds.

She's 10-12 years older than I am too.

I''ve been teary all morning since weighing in. I don't know if this was really worth it. I could have struggled like this WITHOUT spending $7000 of my money on this effing surgery.

32 pounds in the 10 weeks- my friend lost 50 in 8...

@@KittyChick

first off bud, heres some kleenex

dry your eyes, you look like helllll :D

you've broken 1 of the commandments in sleeveland :(

thou shall NEVER compare onself to another :angry:

(weight loss, recovery period, et al)

"they" say - the only thing we have in common is that we're all different!!!!! :huh: ;)

"they" saying that losing 10 lbs in a month is average/great!!!!

so in 2 .5 months you should have lost 25 lbs

but...........you lost 32!!!!!

woo hoo

don't worry about what your friend has lost (you can be happy for her though)

concentrate on yourself

not sure about eating 1,500 calories at 10 weeks :wacko:

sorry you had a rough recovery

glad you are keeping track of your food and exercising

since you didn't say otherwise, sounds like even though recovery wasn't great - you are/have been doing well now

you have lost 32 lbs - this surgery is worth it!!!

just worry/concentrate on yourself

thats who you got the surgery for!!!! :rolleyes:

work hard!!!

follow program

drink as much as you can alllll day

never drink with your meals

stop drinking about 15 minutes before you eat

don't drink for about 45-60 minutes after you eat

chew thoroughly a million times over

small bites, put utensil down between bites

eat slllllowly

new rule for you only!!!!

after each bite...........

stand up and say "I will succeed" while you are turning in circles 10 times and patting your tummy while you are chewing" LOL

if you don't get tooooo dizzy - you can do anything!!!!

if you do get too dizzy - you still can do anything

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Both MyFitness Pal & SparkPeople calculated 1100 calories for 63 minutes of vigorous spinning at my weight (16 miles was the total # calculated on the computer of the spin bike when I was done). Put in 16miles of vigorous cycling in an hour at 241lbs and this is the range you get every time on pretty much all of the calculators I used. Some even said it was 1200 calls burned.

I had 1500 calories that day, 480 of which were in the form of three Protein shakes: One in the morning, one after exercising, one before bed. I usually do two a day, but the gym manager said I should probably get a bit more Protein that night.

The not comparing thing is impossible as far as I'm concerned. I need a reason WHY she's older AND weighed less than me and still lost almost 20lbs more in less time. And yes, I *know* I'll never get that answer, but you can't help but ask why. It's really, really upsetting.

I wanted to kick someone's ass when I got on the scale today.

Can you say "abnormal amount of rage"?

I should probably take a nap and calm myself down at this point. I was going to take today as a "rest day" since I worked out 4x this week but now I'm thinking that's not an option.

#PissedOff

Edited by KittyChick

Well, I would feel like I was kicking butt if I lost as fast as you. I am at my 4 month surgiversary next week and I'm just now at 30 lb lost.

I stall if I eat more than about 600 a day now. I am very sporadic with exercise, though. It's hard seeing people lose huge numbers, but there's really nothing to do but plug away and remember that every day you're getting thinner, whether the scale knows it or not. :)

Maybe you should start focusing on your measurements instead of your weight. Sounds like you have probably built up a lot of muscle, which weighs more.

Well, I would feel like I was kicking butt if I lost as fast as you. I am at my 4 month surgiversary next week and I'm just now at 30 lb lost.

I stall if I eat more than about 600 a day now. I am very sporadic with exercise, though. It's hard seeing people lose huge numbers, but there's really nothing to do but plug away and remember that every day you're getting thinner, whether the scale knows it or not. :)

When I was at 600 calls a day and at the weight loss stall, EVERYONE said "eat more" and drink more Water.

Well...I DID! Now what?

I wanna go back down to below 800 per day now- WITH exercise and see what happens.

Have you been told the same about upping calories? I noticed a change the first week or so when I started doing it but I see no long term difference at this point.

Okay, I'm going to throw it out there...

You need to be looking at your BMI's - if you HAVE to do the comparison thing.

I absolutely GUARANTEE that she will hit a plateau shortly when she hits certain BMI points. We ALL Have.

It WILL equalise.

Don't fret, my pretty. Although it seems like its all about the exercise and the calories - it really isn't - although it is a factor long term.

Some of us are quicker at losing than others. I am a slow loser. I'm good with that.

It will come off and you WILL shrink. You're not in a competition and you shouldn't judge your success by hers.

Take this car analogy.. You're a Ferrari and she's a Volvo. You wouldn't put the same engine in both cars, would you?

Same with how your body works, too :)