Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My turn -- I've slipped

I had my band replaced 6 days ago due to a slip. My insurance paid even though I am close to my goal weight. The replacement surgery was longer but less painfull than my original surgery. I feel a lot better getting it fixed. Good luck with yours, don't give up on getting a replacement band.Jen

That's really good to hear, Jen! Did you have it replaced at the same time your first one was removed? Or was there some time in between? I don't relish the idea of two surgeries, but this one was so easy (relatively speaking) I'm not scared of doing it one more time.

Congratulations and it's great to hear that you feel better! I am too. :biggrin1:

Under the fluoroscope this morning, there it was, clear as day. My band has slipped down and nothing was going through. Surgery is indicated, since I had so little Fluid in the band that an unfill is unlikely to make any difference.

Monday I'll be on the table, and I gather that's when the doctor will determine whether it can be repaired, replaced then, or must be removed altogether for healing. If the last happens, my band days are probably over, since I doubt my insurance will pay for replacement on someone with a BMI of 30.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for any good thoughts you want to send my way. :nervous

How did surgery go yesterday and what was your outcome and prognosis? We are soooo ready to hear from you!!

Hi Kayford,

I started another thread but I guess you missed it. Surgery was a breeze, relatively speaking, and I was home in four hours. They took the band out but everything inside is healthy and well so I can be rebanded in a few weeks if I decide to. Naturally my family and friends are all saying "oh, you'll be able to maintain your weight on your own, now, right?" but I'm not so sure. One day out and I'm already hungry. But I'm feeling great for a day out of surgery, and as long as I'm healthy that's all that counts!!

if it helps any.......i've just had a new larger band put in from slippage.......april 2nd,......insurance approved it....and i feel great!! excited about the new band, but plan to do without any restriction for at least a month just to rest some.........but good luck and things will probably go well!

My band slipped in November and my doctor emptied it. I went back in January and he put 3 cc's in, but no restriction. I went for an barium swallow and they said it has slipped. I am waiting to see the doctor to see what he will do. What is sleeve gastrectomy? I am thinking about gastric bypass instead. I have already gained 30 lbs back from November. Has anyone had bypass after banding?