Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself?

I have always been told not to weigh myself everyday and to limit it to once a week because its easy to become obsessed with the number on the scale and often times (for me) can set the mood for the day. Now I'm starting to hear a lot of talk on here about people weighing themselves everyday or every other day. So I was wondering how often people actually weigh themselves?

Since the surgery I have tried to limit myself to weighing in on Wednesdays and Sundays. If I'm not happy with the number I see on Wednesday (1 pound or less of a loss) I will usually weigh myself on Friday to make sure I stay on track.

No less than 2 times a day. Am I obsessed over it? Absolutely... It may be an excuse but I do this because I feel like it helps me keep myself in check. If I am not weighing daily then I must not care that I gain weight back.

The scale does not control me though. I just like to know where I am on the daily.

Once a week - every Sat morning. It will be a year in 6 wks time & so far I've averaged 2lbs per week for the year. I've always been an all or nothing girl, so encouraging more moderate behavior, like only weighing once a week, has been important to changing my mind set. Ive another 70 lbs to go & unlike before, I'm confident I'll get there, thanks to more moderate behavior in all aspects of my behavior. But, I suppose everyone is different, & whatever works is what's good for you.

Nearly everyday, but I only record my weight once a week.

I don't actually own a scale!! No really, all these articles say "get happier, get rid of your scale!" And so when I got divorced I never bought a new scale. So I weigh myself at the gym.

Sometimes I remember to weigh in every workout day (MWF) but I weigh in as part of my exercise program once a week on Fridays. So I try to not worry about it too much.

I could EASILY tip over into weighing myself 17384 times a day (drank Water then peed! Weigh self! Ate a graham cracker, weigh self! Looked at a cake! Weigh self!!) ....

And scales that could accurately measure someone over 350 lbs are pricey. I'm 325 ish lately but my partner is still around 360... So really... Why. There are lovely scales at the gym and oh hey we hauled our fat selves to the gym!! Might as well do a thing with exercise while here....

I weigh myself anywhere between 1 - 3 times a day. I have a weight watchers scale and once I got on it and though that morning I weighed 192lbs, the scale said I was 185lbs (in the evening nonetheless) so I'm a bit paranoid now. I also use my husband's scale to verify mine.

I weigh to keep myself accountable and to keep an eye on my weigh fluctations. when I don't drink many fluids my weight tends to be higher because i am retaining Water. also heavier in the evenings or when I'm on my period. I used to weigh myself like once every few months which is how my weight went from 150lbs to 2i45 lbs in 10 years.

Once per day, first thing in the morning

My plan is to do it twice a week. I've realized from past behavior that the scale can throw me off plan if the number doesn't live up to my expectations. In the past I've been a multiple times a day weigher

The first 2 weeks, I weighed every day. Then I hit my first "stall" (it wasn't really a stall or a plateu, it was my body adjusting from surgery) and I decieded that I and my boyfriend who lives with me would be much happier if I changed to weighing in once per week, on the weekly anniversary of my surgery.

I notice a much bigger change that way. Once a week I see a 4 or so lbs loss, instead of 1 or so punds every other day. I would be so crushed on the days I lost nothing. It keeps me from obsessing, and that is good. So far I have kept a good perspective and have been able to notice the weight/fat loss. I hope to keep it that way since I am only 6 weeks into this journey.

Whatever you decied works for you, just stick to it and love it! Break a leg on your journey!!

I weigh no more than once a week. I don't judge accountability by a scale. I use My Fitness Pal to hold me accountable to food, Water and exercise. It helps me know exactly where I need improvements. Right now, all is going well, so I think I will stick to this system. Owning a scale would make me crazy, and since my bariatric center calibrates their scale daily, I know it is always reliable.

In the beginning I weighed every day & sometimes twice a day. However, I wasn't usually very disturbed if the numbers didn't change every day. I seemed to have a pattern of losing for 2 weeks & then pausing for 2 weeks, so I didn't freak out if a week or more went by without a change. If it started to get frustrating, I would stay off the scale for a few days. Now I weigh myself most days, but not every day, so maybe 4-5 times a week. You just have to figure out what works for you & go with that, regardless of what anyone else does.

I weigh daily when I get up. Also, I'm still using WW for accountability (part of my work's health management program requirement), so on Fridays my weigh in gets entered into my WW Online account. I've been doing this for over 4 years now and it seems to work for me. Plus, I love having 4+ years of records of my weight - makes it fun these days to look back and see my struggles and then see all the positives after surgery. :)

I weigh every day, first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom , and before I step into the shower . Now that i wrote it down , it looks a little OCD to me. Oh well I am a creature of habit .

I weigh every single morning, first thing. Unless we are traveling and I don't have a scale, I weigh......going on four years now! It doesn't dictate my mood or get me down if I'm up a pound or two. That is what normal people do, all it does is give me a reading of what's going on "under the hood".

I am in control, food is not.....for the first time ever!

Every single day.....3 to 4 times a day.....I only record weight I see between 8-9 am. That's when my weight adjusts from the night before.