Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Oh thanks. I have been taking another brand that used to and is supposed to last 12 hours. Lately i am lucky if it last 8. I will try it. Thanks again :-)

I have been banded since 3/2007 (i just realized its my anniversary I too was having severe re-flux I had to get an small un- fill a couple of years ago, and have not refilled since, however I was still having re-flux here and there. My doctor prescribed prevecid, but that stopped working. However I found A MIRACLE relief for my re-flux.

Aloe Vera juice. I read a newspaper advertisement on it once, and decided to check out the local health food place, and I am telling you it is a miracle. I do not take the previcid any more, and drink 1/4 cup of the Aloe Vera Juice before I go to bed, and sometimes in the morning. Definitely before bed it really works. Again I do not have to take my Previcid any more.

Thank you for reminding me of this. I too had heard about Aloe Vera juice, but totally forgot about it. I would much prefer a natural remedy instead of taking pills. Great info!

I'm going to try the Aloe juice as well. I've been on the prevacid for years and I too would prefer a more natural approach. Where do you buy it at?

Hello All!

Wondering how everyone is doing. It's been nearly 6 1/2 years since we were banded. Can't believe it.

Just saw my band doc today for a check-in. No problems, band seems to be working fine still. As some of you know, I had re-gained some of my weight, but thanks to joining Weight Watchers and working with the band instead of eating around it, I'm down again. About 23 lbs from my goal. These last few pounds seem to just want to fight to stay on my hips and thighs. But I'll get there.

Would love to hear from some of my May 2007 Bandster pals!

NimbleBean (aka Margaret)

Hello All!

Wondering how everyone is doing. It's been nearly 6 1/2 years since we were banded. Can't believe it.

Just saw my band doc today for a check-in. No problems, band seems to be working fine still. As some of you know, I had re-gained some of my weight, but thanks to joining Weight Watchers and working with the band instead of eating around it, I'm down again. About 23 lbs from my goal. These last few pounds seem to just want to fight to stay on my hips and thighs. But I'll get there.

Would love to hear from some of my May 2007 Bandster pals!

NimbleBean (aka Margaret)

bodyweight.png?ts=1383630697

Anybody out there? Been years since i posted here. Band has been working fine; in fact I never think about it. My relationship with food is significantly different now than it was in the past. I never reached my goal weight, but close! So, I've been very happy... until I found out that my band has slipped way down over my stomach! Have some acid reflux, but not too bad. And no pain or vomiting. But, surgeon says it has to come out due to its location. I am opting not to have it replaced with a band, sleeve or get a bypass. I know I've got this.

All of this comes after a rough 7 months. Diagnosed with breast cancer in October 2015. Had a bilateral mastectomy in November, and have been going through the reconstruction process since them. Four surgeries so far and two more to come. But, we caught it early. Didn't need chemo or radiation. And I've got new boobs for the last half of my life (weight loss had done a number on the girls! LOL) So, all things considered, the removal of the lap band seems so inconsequential in comparison.

Hope all are well.

NimbleBean (Margaret)

Hi Nimble Bean, I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems! I have not been at this forum for a long time, but I am so glad to hear from you.

I have had various medical issues over the years, but like you, I tried to fight my band instead of working with it. I never got close to my goal weight, but with weight watchers and exercise I had done OK. Then I had a bunch of surgeries and gained weight, UGH! I also had my band totally unfilled, which was horrible. I was hungry alllllll the time. However, I'm done with surgeries and rehab ( back to "normal") and slowly got fills until now

I'm at a good point. I started listening to my body instead of fighting it, rejoined weight watchers and started back on an exercise regime. For me the following has been what has been successful for me working with my lap band:

1. Listening to my body instead of lying to myself

2. Joined weight watchers which I consider the only program that really works with real food. (I wish I had known to do that after surgery instead of floundering around with half-a**ed weight loss programs and ideas.)

3. After a long search, found an exercise regimen that I could live with and stay with without feeling like I'm being run ragged.

4. Finally realized that at that my age I'll never be Angelia Jolie, nor do I want to be. I want to be healthy, relatively fit and healthy for my age, and happy with where I am with myself.

If any newbies read this, I would only say that I wish someone had told me these things a long time ago so that I wouldn't have wasted time with nonsense thinking and wishing.

Good luck to you and I hope your recovery continues and your health remains good.

Keiko (Diane)