Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Thanks for all the congratts guys, it is just unbelievable! I was out of town for 3 days... i did drink a few coffees that were loaded in sugar because it was hard to get sugar free stuff but i did lose two more lbs while I was gone. 11 more til I weigh the same as my hubby. Now that is what I call motivation! I had no problems with airport security either. I brought a lunchable on the plane as a snack so the candy and goodies didnt look so tempting.

My daughters surgery went just fine this morning, and other than being a little tired she is already feeling better. I appreciate all the support.

Sandra- That does sound weird with the coldness... do they use flouro?? Hopefully with a few more small fills you will get some restriction. I have a 4 cc band too and for the first 2 I felt no different.

NWV - It might not seem like one to anyone else but me. But it is something that I have had trouble overcoming. I went to Walmart and did NOT, repeat, DID NOT buy any Ice Cream. I wanted to, I looked at it, I even open the freezer and touched it. But I walked away.

I went to my support meeting last week and that seems to have helped me. There a some people that I had met before and they had surgery about the same time I did. We all seemed to be struggling with the same issues. I also have an appointment with the Doc this Friday for a fill. I am so trying to stick to the bandster rules this week so I can truly judge if a fill is need or a swift kick to my back side, lol. I have found that I can eat about 5 oz of fish and a few veggie at one time. And I am hungry again in about 3 hours. So I dont know, maybe a small fill might be needed. I hate it that the bad stuff sure is easy to eat. But I am determined to be a model bandster this week. I will work on next week when it gets here. scales have not moved in over 2 months. Mostly my falt. BAD BAD..... But I am determined to pick myself up and dust myself off and stay the course.

Started taking Yoga, anyone else tried it? I just love it so far.

Take Care All

LAURA

Laura,

I've never tried Yoga..but I'm sure it will be great! Ice Cream is my favorite food so I understand your agony! Have you ever heard of Braums. They have the best IceCream. I am going to go over there and try they're Fat Free, sugar free Frozen Yogert. I heard it is very good. A cup a night won't hurt a thing. We just need to be in moderation. Sounds like you do need a fill if you havn't lost in two months. I don't ever really get hungry..it's just head hunger for me when I do. I can go all day without eating if I want. I am at the point where I think I may be at my sweet spot.

Keep hanging in there, don't be too hard on yourself. How many cc's do you have in your what sized band?

Blessings, Weazer

Weazer,

I have heard of Braums, Love Them. But we do not have them here in TN. I did live in TX and we had them there. I have a 2.7 in a 4cc band. I feel restriction in the AM and I am as loose as a goose in the PM. I hate it. Find myself going to the Kitchen and just looking for things to eat. I think alot of it is head hunder and habit.

Thanks for the encouraging words. Take care....

Laura

Laura,

I could still eat pretty good when I was at 3cc and under. It changed everything when I bumped it up to 3.25

You will find you sweet spot.

Yummy in Tenn, they have those wonderful Crystal burgers! The actually just opened one here and now I can't eat them!

Be encouraged...you have lost a great amount of wght. 51 pds..wow how great..I have lost 46...wow too. I want to loose 46 more pds to get to 142...but I'll take anything below 150 and be jumping for joy!

You take care.

Blessings, Weazer

I have been trying to keep my daily food intake on Fit Day. It has been going real good so far. Just wondering, How may carbs do you consume in a day on average?

Thanks

Laura

Laura,

Honestly, I don't keep track of carbs or calories anymore. After years of dieting I can pretty much judge when I am getting to the 1000 calorie mark. I admit, I am eating many more carbs than Protein. Sometimes meat seems to roll around in my small stomach and I end up pbing it. I think just that I am eating such smaller portions and not eating 3/4's of the sweets that I used to eat is why I am loosing wght. Since I am down in the 180's I hope to not worry so much about the number anymore and just live and enjoy my new healthy feeling! Course I will jump for joy everytime I get in a new wght catagory.

Blessings all, Weazer

I started a new job about 6 weeks ago. These people I work with know nothing about my band, so they only know me the way I am now, 50lbs lighter that I was 6 months ago. It is so funny, there is all of this christmas candy and cookie and goodies here at the office. I refuse to even start eating them. This one lady brought in these great looking cookie, she offered me one, I said "Thank you but I just can't" she said, "Why? Someone as thin as you does'nt have to worry about what they eat" I almost busted out laughing. First of all I have never been called thin, second..... if they only knew what a blubber butt I was just a few months ago. I just told her, "I am borderline diabetic and trying real hard to not eat sweets", She said, "That is great, I wish I was as strong as you."

I just love my band.

Laura

Wow Laura.....that is a great NSV! You must have just been so excited to be called thin!!!

I love my band too! Today I bought a size Petite Large jacket.....no X anywhere!!!!!

Wow Laura and Metalband!

what great NSV's! It is amazing to me that someone pays me a compliment everyday! How awsome is that!

I am jumping for joy that I get the opportunity to experience these feelings again for the rest of my life! How cool it is!

blessings,

Weazer

Laura...

I really like using FitDay.com, it's helped me learn alot about the food I eat. I eat about 1000 calories/day and I think about 90 Carbs. I try to keep my "Pie" balanced, 1/3 of my calories from each, protien, carb and fats. I also try tp keep the bulk of my carbs at lunch, so there's time in the day to burn them off (my theory anyway). This seems to work real well for me. I put in all my foods for the day then reward mtself with a healthy treat in the evening if I've stayed in line. My weight loss has been fairly consistant, and I stay at about 10#'s a month. It feels slow at times, but I know that's right where I want to be.

Sue

Sue,

WOW you are do GREAT!!! Thanks for the info. I like using fit day also. Your weight loss is wonderful. I have been stuck for the past 6 weeks or so. I have 2.7 in my 4cc, going for another fill next Friday. Hope that it gives me a little booste, I do fine during the day while I am at work, but at night when I am at home it is a diffrent story. I am trying to change my way of life at home. Working out, keeping my hands busy etc.

Take Care

Laura

Hello all..

I'm home, sick with the flu (yuck!)... I went back to the foot Dr yesterday and was SOOO tempted to climb onto his scale while I was waiting ... but stopped myself when I noticed his scale was unbalanced and I was wearing sweats and sneekers... dont wanna add any extra lbs!!! I may not be losing lbs, but I am noticing that my clothes are fitting much more loose these days.

So, back on the liquids for a few weeks. It's self-prescribed, I've been stalled for WAY too long now and in fact have gained 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks. Atkins shakes, Water and broth -- yum! Still, it has to be done, the alternative is to go get the band REALLY cranked down, and that didn't work so well last time.