Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I really wish I could say that I enjoy my Tues and Thurs at the gym. I really want to enjoy it, i wish I liked it, but reality is I DON'T. Thank God for Wendy...we make eachother go when the motivation is low. We try to walk on the other days, but that's getting harder as the weather gets colder. I really enjoy walking outside, but it's just too cold in the mornings. Walking at the Mall is OK, but I enjoy the fresh air and sunshine more.

Is anybody else COLD. I was always warm, even before gaining weight I was always warm. Now I don't seem to have any tolerance for cold weather. I looked into viatmin deficiency as the cause. Low Iron can cause you to be cold, but I actually eat better now and I take extra iron. Brrrrrrrrrrrr...I'm so tired of being cold! I mentioned to a friend the other day, maybe 70+ pounds of insulation made a difference!

hahahahahahah!!!!! I STAY COLD! i dig maine in the spring and summer but winters here suck! (if you are originally from the deep south especially) i have friends here that get out and snowshoe and all that but i just cant get into it. Ive wondered why some people get colder than others. My husband never gets cold when im sitting there chattering teeth.

I really wish I could say that I enjoy my Tues and Thurs at the gym. I really want to enjoy it, i wish I liked it, but reality is I DON'T. Thank God for Wendy...we make eachother go when the motivation is low. We try to walk on the other days, but that's getting harder as the weather gets colder. I really enjoy walking outside, but it's just too cold in the mornings. Walking at the Mall is OK, but I enjoy the fresh air and sunshine more.

Is anybody else COLD. I was always warm, even before gaining weight I was always warm. Now I don't seem to have any tolerance for cold weather. I looked into viatmin deficiency as the cause. Low Iron can cause you to be cold, but I actually eat better now and I take extra iron. Brrrrrrrrrrrr...I'm so tired of being cold! I mentioned to a friend the other day, maybe 70+ pounds of insulation made a difference!

Sue,

absolutely. I was just saying that this morning. I am tired of being cold!! I got up out of bed the other night and put a sweatshirt on with the hood up over my head. I also put on warm socks. It must be the weight loss.

Cindy

I am also cold all the time...it is the weight loss for me because I was always the warmest one in a room!

So I was unfilled totally last Tuesday......I have gainned 10 lbs!!!!! So very frustrated!!!! I am trying to be good today.....feels like I have had my band taken out. I ate like a mad animal this weekend.....I had a tortilla, a hot with the bun, a sandwich!! Things that I havent been able to eat since I was banded!!!! I feel like a bottomless pit!!!!! I dont think I can go 3 more weeks like this, but my doctor said they wont give me any kind of fill for a month!!!!! I just keep telling my self to have self control!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/187c/165g!

Sandra, I just read your post. I can relate to your being able to eat until recently I felt unrestricted. I have read all your post with interest and have leardned alot from you. Are you still trying to stick to your shakes in the morning and night? I found this very helpful to me. I will sonetimes substitute a nutrition bar for a shake so I can chew something. Recently I started listening to relaxation and subliminal Bariatric cd's to help loose the weight. It seems to put me in the right stage of mind if you know what I mean. I went on line and looked for cds for lap band surgery subliminal cds ther out there but I thought pricey so I went to just weight loss ones it helps me. Give it a try I try and listen when I feel like splurging. Hope this helps I'm praying for you.

Sheila

Hey Sandra, Have you heard of the Body Bugg? If not go to this site and check it out 24 Hour Fitness Centers and Health Clubs Its a gadget you wear on your arm and it tracks your calories and steps and what you eat you interact online with inputting your meals and you can even buy an electronic watch monitor to make it easier. It cmes with a 2 month coach who calls you to set it up and track food and all I just got mine and its a hoot. I'm off to gym to try it out and see how many calories I burn their. I know when I'm down and out a new toy helps me It's marked down considerably t $159 down from $ 349. the monitor is on sale at $79 down from $99. Just a thoought. I'm thinking of you see.Ha HA Sheila

Hey Everyone,

I have been busy with my new job an have not been able to check in here. I have missed you guys so much.

Sandra, I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. I can't even begin to think how I would behave if I did not have my band to reign me in. Just take it one day at a time, this too shall pass.

My scales are stuck at the moment. I have not been exercising like I should. It is funny though, I opted to not get a fill because I am doing some traveling with my work and worried that if the fill gave me troubles I would be over 4 hours away from my Doc. There is a little bit of stress for me right now (like anytime you start a new job) and my band is tighter that it was when I started. So I am so very glad I did not get that fill. I can tell a change in my clothes but would love to see the numbers change on the scales.

Take care all...........

Laura

Sheila,

Are you sure you paid 159 for the body bugg. I looked at the website and it was 349?? If its for 159 I soooo want one. Let me know...maybe its the wrong website???

Sandra

Hey Sandra, Thats the price someone sent me online let me check with her and get back to you. Sorry for the mixup, I'll check though

Sheila

I want the body bug for Christmas. I'm waiting a few weeks before I buy one, because I am such an impulse buyer, especially re weight loss equipment. I think I must collect them!

Cindy

Just stopping in to say hi to you all. The weight is coming off in ounces, which really means it's not moving much. Everything I eat is a hassle cuz I PB on it. I am working out pretty regularly but I am still frustrated. It's been at least six weeks since the scale has moved past the same two or three pounds that it is bouncing around on. By now I would have given up if I was on a regular diet but with this band I couldn't eat even if I wanted to . . . thank God.

Wenjea, you may need a slight unfill. I had a bit taken off of mine, and things are better. I can actually eat real food now, and the weight is starting to fall again. Before I was so tight that I was defaulting to a lot of liquid calories and high carb mushies, and ended up completely stalled.

Hi Sandra, I contacted my friend and this was her reply.(You just have to watch for sales... now that its the end of the year I'd check it daily.) i did see the price go down last month to $259. I hope she isn't pulling my leg but i did quote her sorry if I was presumptuious. This is a great gadget. Maybe a christmas present? I've used mine since sunday and I'm pleased.according to the site they have a consultant call you to get it right for you. I'm still waitinf=g to hear back.from thaty though. Good Luck and Sorry again. Sheila