Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Ragdoll,

I'm so sorry to hear you feeling so down. It's probably just a small bump. We all seem to have them. You really are doing fantastic. I bet part of it is just that, some of your clothes are big and the others don't quite fit right. What if you treated yourself to even just one outfit that fits just right for now? Like you, I really don't want to buy too much yet, cuz I'm hoping to shrink out of them sooner rather than later.

Try to smile, you're doing great.

Cindy

Hey Everyone,

Melissa - way to go on the size 16. YEA you are doing so great.

Cindyluhu - Med PJs-- way to go with the NSV.

Sue - thanks for your comments conserning the reflux. Doc appt on thursday. Will see what he has to say about it. I have been takeing notice the past few days, when does the heartburn start, what did I eat before etc. I have found that I get it most in the morning. After I take my allergy meds. I have been taking them on an empty stomach. Wonder if that is what is some of the cause? Will try in the morning taking it with food and see.

Ragdoll - I can fully relate to you with the funk issue. I have been in this funny place lately. Even my DH has noticed. It is not that I am doing real bad, but I have not been doing real good either. What do they say "This too shall pass!" We have started down the road of a very long journey. It will not happen overnight, there will be pitfalls and downfalls, we will get side tracked. But, we have our band to keep us on this road to a better us. And, we have each other to see us along this journey. Hang in there!

Oh, I am having to sweep up hair also. It has slowed down a little, also noticed while I was blow drying my hair yesterday, little new hair growing out.

Take Care All

Laura

Hello everybody. I havn't had time to read the posts yet as can you say swamped! I shouldn't even be on here at all. But, I just had to aske all you wise people a question. Remember I have had 3 fills. Well today I am experiencing a new feeling. I had a very tiny Breakfast. Basically cup of coffee and a couple of bites of a egg buritto. Just now for lunch I had about a cup and a half of a creamy chicken Soup and about a fourth of a cup of refried Beans. Well, I am so full that it hurts. I thought that since it was liquid it would just go right through. Why am I miserably full. I almost wish I could pb. I am getting goose bumps because I am so uncomfortable. Anyone else experienced this?

Sorry to make this post all about me...but I may explode here in a minute!

Weazer

Weazer,

When was your last fill? You could be experiencing delayed restriction. That happened to me. When I got my fill I couldnt tell much diffrence. But a week later, boy it was a world of diffrence.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Laura

PMS is really getting me this month. I'm a grump and cant sit still... my back is killing me... not to mention the munchies. I asked my fiance to stop at the mall and get me a Cinnebon!

Laura,

Well, I suppose that must be it. I was sitting here a min ago thinking...now you get scared when you get full. I havn't been full in so long...that I guess I wasn't used to it. I think that 3rd fill kicked my booty!

Mel O - I am PMSing too. I realte!

Blessings,

I had my third fill almost three weeks ago and over the weekend every meal I ate I was pb'ing. I am in a funk also. Lets all post before and after pics so we can Celebrate together. I'll bet as a group we have lost over 1000 lbs. and that is awesome. As soon as I shower and get make up on, I will get hubby to take a picture.

Mel O- I couldn't do a cinnabon, but I did have chocolate ice cream and four cho chip Cookies last night. SO BAD, I know!

PMS is really getting me this month. I'm a grump and cant sit still... my back is killing me... not to mention the munchies. I asked my fiance to stop at the mall and get me a Cinnebon!

Just the THOUGHT of a cinnabon makes me drool and hurt (not drool in a good way) maybe it's time for a fill???

I noticed i'm loosening up a little with my recent weight loss? I actually had a bite of a tuna sandwich (small bite which I chewed and chewed and chewed) yesterday and I didn't PB..so I know i'm loosening up, but I kinda miss having the control with the tightness, now I have to make better decisions and it's hard. It's easy to make good decisions when you either PB so bad you WANT to throw up or you spend 20 minutes in the bathroom drooling...LOL

This is Not the EASY way out, I don't care what people say, but it definitely makes you make good decisions about what kind of nutrition you are going to take in each day instead of letting your stomach make the decisions for you...okay i'm ramblng...hope everyone is having a good day....:clap2:

I agree with you.

I've noticed that I've loosened up too. I was actually thinking about calling my Dr and getting another small fill. I've been able to eat alot again... with no problems.

Morning y'all,

Well I was still full last night so I didn't eat dinner (I know that's bad) I did have some of my sugar free popcyles that I am addicted to. I will be more careful today and have a smaller lunch. I will get my Protein too. I can't wait to weigh!

Twinmommy, I tried to send my before picture, but I couldn't get it to load. One of these days I'll get my daughter who is super computer savvy to come and do it for me. Wish we all lived closer so we could meet. That would be so cool.

Blessings,

Hi My name is Deb, age 52 and I was banded on May 31 in Mexico by Dr. Alvarez. I am soooo happy with my band. I am from northwestern Wisconsin. I have a wonderful fill doctor up in Superior, WI. I have 2 fills so far and am due for another one on October 17. I have lost 46 lbs to date, the most I have lost at one time. I just wanted to let you know that the band has helped me out a lot. I had a time about a month ago where I wasn't losing for about 4-5 weeks, but after the second fill, I started moving again. I do have days when it seems I can eat just about anything, and then I just have to watch myself. I actually like the days when I fill up quickly and stay full. I too have recently noticed some Hair loss. I hope it comes back quickly.

I still have a long way to go in my weight loss journey, but I am enjoying the compliments I'm getting now. I also need to get exercising some more, haven't been doing much. Any suggestions on getting myself motivated for that? Hope to hear from others soon.

Deb

I've chosen a ticker, but don't seem to know how to get it on my message.

Help!!:clap2:

Well maybe my funk is hormonal? TOM was two weeks late last month. Now it is back only two weeks after that one. I understand that weight loss can affect these things but I have always been normal, I would rather not have one at all than it be so screwy! Oh well, even with TOM here again my scale went down another lb. Suddenly my Oct 1st goal isnt looking like such a hard goal to get to. Yeah for me!

If anyone grows out of some size 16s they dont want please hollar at me. I can fit into some of them now but just dont have or want to spend the money to buy new clothes until I am at least down to 199. These 20's and 18's are looking like I should have gold teeth and walk with limp.

I was wondering...

Everone gets different instructions from the various doc (it would be nice if there were true standards). Some say 3 meals a day...no Snacks, some say eat every 2 hours. Some say eat 1 cup at time...others say 2 oz at a time.

I was wondering from real bandsters, what does your doc say and what is your real life practice?