Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone around 23?

It would be nice to know some people around my age who are thinking about WLS.

What are you all thinking about getting?

I'm thinking maybe the sleeve. I had the band before for almost four years until it slipped got it revised and devloped and abcess and had to be removee due to that.

23 I had the band done on Jan 7. Minus the slip how did you do with the band?

im 25 now but had the band at 23, no complications though, my friend had the sleeve and he loves it. he couldnt get banded because of a tumor but hes lost a lot of weight!!!

I am 23, and was banded on December 13th :)

I am turning 23 in june and had the band in august would love to chat with others around my age

how are you doing with progress with your dad? My names phil BTw

I am turning 23 in june and had the band in august would love to chat with others around my age

how are you doing with progress with your dad? My names phil BTw
I was doing great at first but I'm only down 35 lbs. I'm frustrated with it because I feel like it stopped working. I get sick a lot and for the amount I throw up I should be anorexic. So I'm kind of lost at the moment. What about you?

I was doing great at first but I'm only down 35 lbs. I'm frustrated with it because I feel like it stopped working. I get sick a lot and for the amount I throw up I should be anorexic. So I'm kind of lost at the moment. What about you?

I'm doing ok so far 3 months post op I'm down 24 pds. I need to start working out more than I feel like this is a reason I'm stalling. With the throwing up it could be that you band is too full

I am 23 I was banded in September so far down 55lbs

I'm doing ok so far 3 months post op I'm down 24 pds. I need to start working out more than I feel like this is a reason I'm stalling. With the throwing up it could be that you band is too full
That's awesome congrats! And yes I'm going to the dr next month and going to discuss everything happening. Just hope everything is in place where it should be and that this will continue to help me reach my goal

When I first got it, back on July 31st 09, I lost 47 pounds in less than a month, bc I was always nauseous and couldn't eat or drink. I gained a bit when I felt better, then in 2011 gained a little more then in 2012 became depressed and lost 10-15 pounds. Kept that off for a year, then when I had to have emergency surgey I lost another 10. But I gained all my weight back and its depressing. I wanted to give iit a try at losing it on my own, I gave it a year. I started re thinking about it in october and that's why I came back here. I don't know what to do. I just keep gaining. I'm such a failure at this.

Kyle K- did your friend develop acide reflux with the sleeve? I did withe the band and I didn't have it before gettingvit and I dont have it now that its gone. If I get surgery again I'm worried that I'll have acid reflux for the rest of my life. Someone on here told me you'll get acid reflux. That's kind of holding me back along with a few other things.

No ma'am he did not, but I've only gotten reflux when I ate to much acidic food and my band was to tight, but I've also had a lot of success with my band I had surgery last day of nov2012 and I've list 160lbs the biggest thing I learned was to eat right and exercise daily whether it is just a walk or lifting or Water aerobics! I hope u see success soon!!!

I'm 23 years old, and I just got the band last Tuesday. I'm a little intimidated by all the negative reactions people had to the band. I'm sorry to hear that the band didn't work for you. Any advice? I've heard great things about the sleeve.

I'm 23 years old, and I just got the band last Tuesday. I'm a little intimidated by all the negative reactions people had to the band. I'm sorry to hear that the band didn't work for you. Any advice? I've heard great things about the sleeve.

Listen to the doc don't push ur limits, and chew a lot you will b fine if ur doc is good I've had zero problems with mine!!! And I just got approved for plastic surgery so just keep on the diet!!! Good luck!!!

21 now banded at 15 back in 07