Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here from Indiana?

I am from Evansville. Had my bypass in Indy this past Oct. where is your surgery?

I will have mine in Evansville at Downtown Deaconess. Dr Haughn is my surgeon.

I know Deaconess has a support group for their own patients but if you are ever interested in getting together after surgery let me know. There are a few of us in town that did not go to local surgeons but still need support from others. Deaconess will not extend their group to "non" deaconess patients.

I know Deaconess has a support group for their own patients but if you are ever interested in getting together after surgery let me know. There are a few of us in town that did not go to local surgeons but still need support from others. Deaconess will not extend their group to "non" deaconess patients.

mommashari...I would love to get together, it is a shame there is not just a wls group period. No matter where you went. You can learn so much from others. Do you have a set time and place? I am getting anxious now, tomorrow will be the 10th business day for my insurance to have my request. Hoping to hear something this week.

I think all of us thinning Hoosiers should support each other. Perhaps you guys could think of a way we could all talk. There are services like Skype where you can have video chats with friends. Skype is free. I already use it a lot for other purposes. What do you guys think of us having a weekly support meeting via Skype? Frankly, I'm tired of being alone in this matter. And I seek other peoples advice on food choice and avoiding Constipation :) It doesn't matter where the operation is done because it's the same operation everywhere. I didn't have to deal with private insurance. I was lucky to get Medicare at the age of 36 by virtue of being a disabled veteran (I'm 46 now). Medicare is pretty simple to deal with. BMI 35-39 + 2 comorbidities = automatic surgery. BMI 40+ automatic surgery no questions asked. If there is any way fat people can get on Medicare, I highly recommend it :) If you like my Skype conferencing idea, let me know.

So bummed out...everything signed off and ready to send to insurance 2/11th....called 2/24th and the Dr.s office was behind and still had not sent in my request letter. They said they would do right then. 2/26th they finally sent letter. Insurance says could be up to 10 business days...so today was the 10th day and no word. Called the insurance company and they say they don't have any requests in for me. Called my Dr.s office and the girl says she did send. She will call them and get back with me. Of course no word back today.. They are closed now. I have 6 days of vacation left to use before 4/13/14...and in February my Dr was sure we would have scheduled before then, not so sure now. Please, pray for patience and an answer for me. Thanks.

Hi I am from Evansville also. Just joined today. Go for psych appt next week. If all is well with that then surgeons office will submit to insurance same day.

I'm from Jasper and my surgery was on Dec 10, 2013. I was 278 before I began this whole process. And I'm now down to 216. According to my BMI I am now "overweight" and no longer "obese". My goal of 190 is not to far off. As I am 6ft tall this should be a fine weight to maintain. Please contact me if I can give advice to any of you guys and gals.

Johnking wow that's so awesome!! I myself is at 278 right now and hope to have surgery in May. Keep posting cause I would love to follow your weightloss!

Luckyinluv what part of IN are you from? I am also having my surgery at St. Vincent's in Carmel. Are you having RNY or DS? If RNY who is your dr.? I am having DS, Dr. Inman is the only one that does that surgery.

johnking you are doing fantastic!

<p>Luckyinluv what part of IN are you from? I am also having my surgery at St. Vincent's in Carmel. Are you having RNY or DS? If RNY who is your dr.? I am having DS, Dr. Inman is the only one that does that surgery.</p>

I am from Logansport that is about an hour north of Carmel. I am having RNY with dr. Evanson. He is in the same office as dr. Inman. I should have all my papers sent to insurance by April 14 so I hope for a May surgery.

"Deep southern" Indiana, Jasper, between Evansville and Louisville. Surgery done in Louisville, Dec. 2013

I'm in Southern IN as well, Sellersburg and my surgery in scheduled for 4/22/14! Hey neighbor!