Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there no one over 70 who has been sleeved?!

Hello Seniors, I'm finishing my 6 month nutrition classes next month and hoping for a February surgery date. It's encouraging to read these posts from older sleevers. Hope my surgery goes as well as yours. Btw, I'm a 72 year old great grandmother. Happy 2016 to you all.

Edited by stillme43

I was sleeved on 12/29/15, and yes I'm past 70!

Hello, I'm 73, and live in San Antonio, Tx. I had my surgery on 12/29/15. Feel I 'm doing well. I was also in the hospital for two nights, but that's my surgeon's routine for all. He also sends everyone(seniors) home with home health care.

I am on soft foods now, and introducing new foods according to my plan. Looking forward to having a buddy!

Hello Seniors, I'm finishing my 6 month nutrition classes next month and hoping for a February surgery date. It's encouraging to read these posts from older sleevers. Hope my surgery goes as well as yours. Btw, I'm a 72 year old great grandmother. Happy 2016 to you all.

While I am " on the cusp" at 69, I had my surgery a week ago. Let me know how you are doing and any particular problems for us older folks. My goal is the be around a long time to torment my family.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Hope all is well. I am 72, had surgery in November 2015 and have no regrets.

I not losing as quickly a some because I am unable to excercise but I have lost a total of 45 lbs so far.

Good luck and stay encouraged!!!

Hi,

I'm 71 and I'm expecting to be sleeved in August if all goes as expected. I had a lapband for 14 years and had it removed in February. I have a lot of arthritis in my back so I don't exercise and I hope the surgery does something for my back as well as my self esteem.

Joy

Hello to all,

I'm 73 and had gastric sleeve surgery on Monday, May 16, 2016, spent two nights in the hospital, and now am home. I'm feeling good so far and have been walking a lot. I now look forward to continued weight loss and better health.

Paul

Good on you, Paul!

I was sleeved at 68 (am now 70). It was a great move for me. Lost 100 pounds and now weigh 135.

Feel great!

Thanks Ann. I'm very happy for you and look forward to joining the 100 pounds + group.

I am over 70 and had my surgery in November and am doing quite well: totally healed and no negative effects. I would recommend it to anyone who qualifies. Age should not be a deterrent.

My weight loss has slowed down because I can not excercise. I now have to be mire diligent in maintaining my diet.

Anyone else having problems losing?

Hello to all,

I'm 73 and had gastric sleeve surgery on Monday, May 16, 2016, spent two nights in the hospital, and now am home. I'm feeling good so far and have been walking a lot. I now look forward to continued weight loss and better health.

Paul

Hello to all,

Paul

Hi PaulBenn,

I am 72 and am doing well. Stay on track and be encouraged that you will meet your goal.

I live in Arizona and am walking before it gets too hot to be outdoors. I'm limited in my ability to excercise so I need to be careful with my diet.

My biggest problem is maintaining motivation to cook daily for myself vs eating out.

Is there anyone out there living alone with some tips on meal prep or a good recipe site?

I'm not in the 70's club, but this website has a lot of recipes and information that you might find helpful. You also might want to check out Pinterest and search for weight-loss surgery recipes or gastric sleeve recipes. You all are so inspiring and congratulations on this new phase of your life.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

Hello from Sweet Nan. I just joined. I am 75, and this whole process has been a little rocky for me. Had a hernia repair along with the sleeve. About 30 days after my surgery date, I have only lost 8 pounds (actually lost 10, but gained back.) I'm trying hard, but disappointed with my progress (or lack thereof.) Very happy to compare notes with the others in our special age group.

Hi sweet Nan

Sounds like you are also having problems losing. the only advantage I have is that I can't consume as much volume so I have a o be diligent with the diet. Someone told me that they got back on track by going back to drinking three shakes a day and having one meal. I'll let you know how that works.