Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 liquid pre-op...MY HEAD MIGHT EXPLODE!

Did anyone else feel like your head was going to blow up when you started your pre-op liquid diet? I'm having a hard time making it through my workday without laying my head down and crying...only 13 1/2 more days...yay...

Well, I don't know about the crying part, but hang in there.....day one and two are the worst.....easier to handle after that.

HI Nell,

I am on day 4 of the liquid diet. I have to due 4 WEEKS!!! SO far I have not cried and my head has not exploded. I am able to have 4-5 protien shakes(given to me by the surgeon) and clear lquids through out the day. I have yet to feel any hunger but will say some of these commercials on tv and radio give me head hunger. I am trying to make it meal time by meal time and not think aout it to far out. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Yes! The headaches were awful and common from what I read here. sleep was the only relief. You will survive it though and pretty soon the headaches will go away! I think it is from dehydration. Best of luck!

Hang in There!!!!!!!!!

It's so worth it in the end.

If you ate a lot of sugar and carbs in processed foods you are going through withdrawal. Once the sugar and carbs from the highly processed foods get completely out of your system it will get better. I drank so much water--I spent much time in the bathroom. I used a sugar free Fiber with Water to fill my stomach up too. If the liquid in your diet is the high Protein kind--it's not a bad idea at all to add Fiber. After surgery, when I went on the high Protein shakes I got a terrible case of Constipation before I added the sugar free fiber to my diet.

Good luck.

Kathleen

I am also on day 1 of 14 day pre - op diet. A little hungry, but mostly just thinking about food. Protein Shakes and clear liquuds are doing the trick for now. We can do this!!!! Let me know if I can help you along in any way as it looks like we are getting sleeved on the same day!!!

I too am on day 1 of pre op diet, I have my final Nut class later on too. They put me on a restricted carb diet, very similar to Adkins, which isn't bad except I'm already going through sugar and caffeine withdrawals. I'm gonna have to pick up some of the sugar free fiber stuff mentioned above. Good luck guys, let's be strong :-)

I am also on day 1 of 14 day pre - op diet. A little hungry, but mostly just thinking about food. Protein Shakes and clear liquuds are doing the trick for now. We can do this!!!! Let me know if I can help you along in any way as it looks like we are getting sleeved on the same day!!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! lol my stomach is growling like i've haven't eaten in a week instead of two days lol. I do feel pretty full after my Protein shakes but the mid afternoon is the worse...However I can have SF Jello so I have to stock up! Where are you getting sleeved? I'm in Maryland at Holy Cross with Dr. McArthur

Oh I hear you!! I am on day 13 and FINALLY feeling ok. Of course today is the no food at all day. For me I was miserable for about 10 days I'm sorry to say. But on day 10 I suddenly was fine and wasn't even interested in my evening meal. It was all head hunger for me that was the kicker, it made me soo mad! Good luck and keep it up, it will get easier. Surgery tomorrow for me, yay!

Good luck tomorrow Mackadoo19! We'll be sending good thoughts your way :-)

Mackadoo19

Good luck!

Ok. Day 4 of pre op diet and I am hungry! I know I can do this but it is tough!!!! Can't wait for my little tummy!

Ok. Day 4 of pre op diet and I am hungry! I know I can do this but it is tough!!!! Can't wait for my little tummy!

exactly! At least after surgery i won't still be hungry after so little!