Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not banded, I'm VSG but I sure have seen A LOT of folks switch to alcohol and it's scarey. It isn't really enjoyable to me near as much since surgery. I feel blessed on that front. I gotta watch myself when it comes to clothing shopping. Is it an addiction. I don't think so. It's a heck of a lot if fun after having everything hang wrong on me. I have a lot more choices and I like it. I'm about over it now though so not addicted...lol...I'm waiting on that exercise addiction to hit. I exercise but to be a little more compelled to do so would be great!!

I absolutely have a new addiction- living!!! I have made a pact with myself to do all of the things I've always wanted to do but the only reason I didn't do it was my weight. I'm not burying myself in work anymore as an excuse. Living. It's wonderful :)

I absolutely have a new addiction- living!!! I haI

ve made a pact with myself to do all of the things I've always wanted to do but the only reason I didn't do it was my weight. I'm not burying myself in work anymore as an excuse. Living. It's wonderful :)

@@back2barb78, your post above really hit me hard. I am so good at work. But my life is so unbalanced and has been for decades.

We naturally go where it's easy to go.

Six months from now, I plan to go in some other directions besides work.

Thanks for reminding me of that.

Addiction transfer is very common among WLS patients, and something to watch for according to the psych who did my eval.

I haven't developed any alternate addictions that I'm aware of, but I have noticed that cleaning up my food issues has made me more fanatic about cleaning in general. Seriously...my house is spotless now! (Maybe because it's a way to stay out of the kitchen?) It's quite a change from my old ways in any case.

I hope that's where my addiction goes lol

I find there was lots if free time when I didn't want to plan, shop, prepare, eat and clear up food.

So I do see I use my iPhone more. ( like this app)

And talk on the phone more.

And.... sigh... work out 3 x a week and work part time. That is enough to occupy me for now ... Years post op