Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The sleeve has made me a snacker.

I'm over a year out& recently have felt that if I don't eat every 3 hrs at least I feel starved& hypoglycemic. I feel for u about the snacking. I can eat little bites of high calorie foods frequently& in between meals now. Gone are the days when 1oz of minced crab would fill me up to capacity for hours! Good eating habits are the best weapon. The rapid gastric emptying article is interesting--wonder if this is along term complication.

I was a grazer before surgery and could still eat constantly if I let myself. There isn't anything wrong with snacking per se, but for those of us who eat w/o being hungry, it can be a problem. If I can fit in 500 calories into my pouch and eat 3X a day, then I'm at 1500 calories and pretty much OK. If I eat 6X times a day and still go for 500 calories per meal, then I have a problem. Some people modulate how much they eat when they eat more frequently. Sadly, this was never the case for me.

You are almost 10 lbs below goal now, so the snacking doesn't seem to be hurting you. A word of caution, though. I can eat a lot more now than I could at 1 year or even two years out. If the same ends up being true for you, the snacking will lead to weight gain.

Yes, I plan on a snack between meals most days too. And yes, it is true - you can eat a lot more farther out so that's where "tracking" and paying attention to WHAT you are putting your mouth really has to kick in.

I do know, though, that I am experiencing more acid tummy as mentioned than ever before. I never noticed it at all but now I am starting to. According to research it can kick up around 3 years or so. I do have a prescription for Omeprazole that I take when needed. Should probably take every day.

Excellent thread, Jenny12, thanks for starting it! I learn something new so often on this forum!!

And a special thanks to lsereno and suejersey for being so specific about a typical day's intake. I look forward to being at goal, and now thanks to you two I have a more clear idea what my intake during maintenance might be like.