Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I scoured the shelves at GNC yesterday and I have two new favorites...Muscle Milk banana Cream, yummy w/ skim milk and some vanilla yogurt in the blender and Isopure in a a 20 oz. bottle w/45 g Protein. It comes in blue rasp, grape, orange not bad at all! It's pricey at 3.99 per bottle.

I see the Dr. on Tues. I think I get to move to pureed foods like applesauce and cottage cheese how exciting for me!

Yes! My understanding is that you definitely need Protein beginning your first day home from the hospital.

I bought the big bag of EAS Protein from costco. Calories, Carbs, Sugar, Qty or Protein per serving was even better than the guidelines the MD gave me to follow. And it tastes pretty good (chocolate). Then again...having had 7 days of clear sugarfree liquids for 5 days pre-op and 2 days post...the Protein shake was like eating cake batter to me...YUM!

Good luck!

Jason

Banded: 3/21/07

Dr. Bhoyrul - Scripps San Diego

Hi

I am 6 weeks post band and am looking for a means of increasing my Protein intake but hate the shakes. Currently I am drinking slim fast shakes and adding powdered milk to increase the protein content. I don't think there is much else we can do but in the mushy food weeks, I have just given in and pureed vegetables but haven't had the stomach to try pureeing meat yet! I do eat tinned tuna and salmon with mashed potato and cheese and I drink milk too.

I do want to make a concerted effort to up my protein from now otherwise my health will suffer.

Love

Midnightvelvet

I have a friend that had lapband done a year ago, she just turned me onto this wonderful Cookies & Cream Protein Shake. It was so good, I sucked it down so fast, I didn't realize that it was gone. She is out of town until this next weekend. I have asked her for the brand and as soon as she emails, I will post. She told me I could get it online. If you hate those nasty Myocel shakes, you will love this. I could have this for every meal and not miss the rest of the food.< /p>

Slimfast shakes, slimfast smoothies, Protein Powder [from health store] yoghurts, YOP yoghurt drinks, Actimel.

Into week 3 of post op liquids + 10 day liquid pre-op.

Feeling great - scars all healing well although I get the occasional twinge in one of them [feels like a needle digging at times] Bruising almost gone.

Do have little hard lumps just under a couple of the scars though - although I'm sure they will go in time.

Congrats on being banded!! You could try the Profect vials - I absolutely love them (they're kinda pricey though), but I mix one a day with orange, grape or some other 100% juice plus some ice and makes me feel "normal". I HATE Protein Shakes and the Profect is perfect. I drank two vials a day during my 1st two weeks and felt very satisfied. I lost 21 lbs in my at my 2 week appointment. :clap2:

I got the GNC Gold Standard 100% whey Protein powder; my nutritionist advised using 1/2 scoop of it in 1/2 cup of skim milk three times a day. I also make a milkshake out of this combination by adding 1/2 c sugar free vanilla ice cream, which is very filling in addition to getting my protein.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches