Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

I'm booked in for a fill on the eight of May and they never even told me they moved. Think i'll ring just to confirm.

Do you know what i don't get, my cousin who is the same age as me is about 22 stone. She knows i have the band and how much it cost an all but still hasn't got it done or even talked about getting it herself. I know it's not a problem with money. I just think it's very strange and sad cause she'd be so much happier if she did it.

Hi Skinny. When I was your cousins age, I was about the same weight as her and even then I would never have thought of doing this. It was just too drastic and scary to have surgery. I was still thinking it would just happen one day, that I would just wake up and not want to eat and have a sudden urge to exercise. It took me getting to what felt like the lowest point in my life to consider this route. Maybe she just isnt ready to take such a big step or still has to give the other options (WW) another try.

Hi Ladies,

I'm in Holland, scheduled for surgery Tuesday morning with Dr DeB! Marge will be having surgery the same day. I'm shifting between excitement and fear but excitement is winning at this point. I bought a bunch of clear Soup today so I am sorted for clear fluids post op. Flight over this morning was ok, now it's just a waiting game. Can't say patience is my strong suit!

Elsie - sent you an email don't know if you got it? How are you and Ailbhe doing with restriction now?

Dr DeB is in Dublin on the 8th? I will seeing him in June I guess so I'm looking forward to catching up with you all then

Siepie

Simone: Best of luck on Tuesday. You too Marge!! (Hope ye get the same ward)

I got your email last week and sent you a reply early in the week. Is that the email you mean? Didnt get anything since.

Let us know how you get on. Don't forget to walk, walk and walk.

Coco: Have fun in New York. I'm curious to see how the band reacts for you. I do long haul flights a couple of times a year and as it is my insides go nuts for a few days (TMI?)

Good luck Siepie and Marge on Tuesday will be thinkihg of you.

roe

Siepie and Marge, thinking of you and wishing you both a quick recovery and great success with the band. Great that you will be there together. Coco enjoy New York I'm jealous.. would love to go this year some time. Hope the wedding goes well.

Elsie, Roe, Ailbhe hope life is being kind to ye all.

Hi All,

Well its just two days to go for New York, I'm so excited its been three years since I was last there and I'm almost half the size I was then so there will be much more room on those airplane seats. :thumbup::lol::wub:.

Simone and Marge: The best of luck for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you both.

Gerri: Don't take it for granted that ACS will contact you re their new address, if I were you I would check now and have they kept the same telephone number?

Holly123: Well done you on the weight loss since the fill. Hope it continues for you. :confused::thumbup:

Okay, that's me done till I get back next week. Wishing you all comfortable restriction and a shed load of weight loss.:wink2:

Hi All,

Myself, Ailbhe and Damienne will be meeting up on Thurs before our fills/consult if anyone wants to join us. We will be meeting up in Larry Murphys pub in Baggot street about 11.30 which is just down from ACS. I know a lot of you have fills that morning so it would be great to meet up. Our fills are at 1.30 so we will be there a while.

Anyone interested?

Elsie

Hi Elsie,

My next appointment isn't until the 29th of May. I'd love to meet up on Thursday but can't as the kids are on mid-term break. Good luck to everyone getting a fill. What glorius weather this week, spent today at the Zoo.

Hi girls and any fellas! I had forgotten about this thread until Coco posted a message on my thread on intro board, shame on me! :) I read back to Nov til page 51.

I am waiting to hear if the commissioners of the Royal or Ulster hospital in Belfast will continue to let my surgeon work from there, have to ring next week but to be honest I am thinking of going abroad to either Dr Chris or Dr Michal Cierney in Czech Republic. I have filled in an online questionnaire on Cosmetic Bliss website. I'd a phonecall back in Jan from Deborah who owns it and she seems very genuine and down to earth. They arrange everything inc return flights and hotel accomodation and accompany you there and back.

I am under no obligation but am just trying to keep my options open as I know I need this surgery if I am ever gonna win the fight of the flab! :)

Welcome, Brennars!!! I love your homeland! DH and I plan to retire there, or move before retirement if we can afford it. We love it in Ireland!

Congrats on your decision to be banded, I can't wait to get mine. Here's a link to a forum that has many threads to help you:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/lap-band-faqs-f73.html

You'lll find a lot of frequently asked questions as well as a thread about what to as your surgeon. Good luck!

hi, i live in England and had my op dont Sept 06, i have gained 10 pounds in 1 year , i#'m getting back on track with exercise now and diet but would it be worth having another band fill , i do not feel the restriction as well as i used, i would appreciate your advice

regards

Hi guys my fills at 11.30 on Pembrook St. Hope to see you in Larrys. Anyone going to Pembrook St.?

hi there

I have my fill at 11.15 but have been told to go to the Regus Centre on Pembrook Street. I have rush back to work then so won't get to meet up with you all. Looking forward to some restriction today, hopefully I'll be ok for a fill today, last time he couldn't get any Fluid into the band...

good luck all today

xxx

Hi All, just back from my fill, got on grand, now have 4cc in there, so hopefully will feel some restriction soon and start dropping these pounds. I also found out while i was there (it was a bit chaotic with loads of new girls working there) that Lydia and Kim both left yesterday. I don't know yet who the new clinic manager is, hopefully they get their administration in order soon, but have to say that Dr. Chris and the 2 bariatric nurses Chris and Fred are all excellent and very professional so at least it's getting better.

xxx