Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have no problems. Is this normal? Seems like I'm in the minority

So I have read so many stories from people who have had so many problems. It seems like I hardly hear of anyone having no problems like I have. Are they out there somewhere? I had surgery on nov 18 and had hardly any pain. The first day was kind of crappy but after that there was no problem. I had no problems with liquids, purees, soft foods and now solids. When I started on soft foods I ate a small tilapia filet almost every night. I don't get nauseous and I don't throw up anything. I had one exception with one of my tilapia nights. I decided to add mashed potatoes to it and that ended up being way too much. I did throw that up but that was the only time. Now I get full I stop like i'm supposed to. Nothing feels like a brick in my stomach like I read about a lot. Everything I have tried to eat has agreed with me besides that one time with mashed potatoes. For some reason mashed potatoes fills me up pretty quickly. I started on solids last week and I've eating salmon filets, shrimp and and tonight was the 1st night for chicken breast. No problems here. Ive also eaten a lot of turkey meatballs. they are pretty small that come in a bag made by Kroger. Pretty tasty. I usually eat between 700-900 calories a day. I excellent about getting in about 70 grams a Protein a day. Most everything I eat is Protein. Unfortunatly no many veggies getting in since I'm so preoccupied with getting in my protein. I also seem to eat moderately fast and I probably don't chew up everything into tiny pieces like I'm supposed to but my stomach doesn't seem to mind. Anyone else have no problems? I would like to hear from you. Maybe Im' doing something wrong...idk....I track everything I eat in my fitnesspal.com My screename is "ucjes". Please add me and check out my food diary. any pointers would be great.

Fortunately, I am enjoying a textbook recovery too. I had no trapped gas after surgery, and food is staying down. I am 3 weeks in and have my first follow-up with the surgeon on Thursday 1/16. My biggest "problem" is just orchestrating a schedule for meds, Proteins, measuring foods....that stuff.

My heart goes out to those who have had difficulty or have to deal with children, work, or unsupportive families. It has definitely been to my advantage that I am retired and able to just recover and rest.

I had no problems after surgery I felt great by Tuesday with surgery on Friday. I had so much energy the first week. I saw a lot of other people posting about pain, nausea and having difficult to swallow and almost felt guilty talking about how great I felt.

I feel great to..I was sleeved on New Year's Eve at NYU medical center..had an amazing surgeon and staff.went home the following day.gas pain was a little rough over night but dissipated quickly over the next day..down 26 pounds in the 2 weeks since surgery.i feel amazing and actually don't feel like anything has happened.just started purée foods and haven't had any issues..just have to listen to my body..ate a little to much of something and felt way too full.i keep reading about all the problems people have had afte the surgery and feel soo lucky.i am more positive and optimistic then I have been in a few years..happy you are doing well.keep up the good work.dont feel guilty about feeling great..I know a few people who are just like us.we are humans not machines.everyone is different .stay healthy..best of luck

Most of us have few issues. It's just that people post when they struggle whether it be a real complication or just a problem adjusting.

Just like Jane says, you are not in the minority - you are in the "silent majority." If people have struggles or complications, they post seeking advice, comfort, etc. I also had a recovery without a hitch and so did virtually everyone in my support group, which usually has at least 40 attendees.