Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 bandsters?

Hello. Just joined the banded gang. Glad it's over sore around the middle but to be expected. Now on liquid diet for two weeks then sloppy food for two weeks then normal food. As of date no gas pain yet!!!!

Hope you all are ok.

I'm so glad you are not in pain. And I'm. Glad you've decided to join the "band" lol!

I'm so happy for all of us!!! We are on our way to becoming or revisiting the people we want to be. We got this folk!!! Yaaaaaaayyyyy!!!

When I was taken down to the op room I was lying on the table being wired up! thinking what on earth am i doing here, next thing i know was waking up in my room.

Have been told to take Vitamins every day from now on. Are you all doing the same?

First fill should be in 6 weeks time.

Thanks for your support

Hi, Andy1.... That's funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing as I lay on the table all wired up!!! "What the heck am I doing?" But I'm not sorry I did it, just wish I was one of those folks who didn't HAVE to:)

I'm taking Vitamins every day-I've always been a big believer in quality supplementation.

So I'm 9 days post op and down 6.5 lbs from surgery day...nearly 20 since starting pre op diet. Feel good about that! I still have some gas pains but it's so much better! Started walking for 20 minutes slowly on my treadmill again...which kind of tires me out, but I guess that's ok when surgery is so recent.

Anyway, glad to see Andy1 and fattie2hottie on the banded side! Take care all! I'm so glad to have this forum for advice and support:)

After having such a bad week I was finally up to getting out the house today. I am so glad I did because I walked almost all this gas out and I feel normal today. I have an appetite every couple of hours too! All the pressure and bloating is gone now too! Thanks Miralax for making me feel normal again lol

Post surgery updates:

I couldn't sleep hardly at all last night. These pain meds don't knock me out unfortunately. I have been drinking Water today. I feel so dehydrated. I am not feeling much gas pain. I had some yesterday in my back and I have had a heating pad on it. I took a gasx strip yesterday but don't think it did much. I ate a few teaspoons of greek yogurt and felt full. I need to have some of my Protein Shake. I just feel like I am obsessed with putting food and drink in my mouth, more than I ever did before I was banded. Is this normal? It feels like a full time job.

Post surgery updates:

I couldn't sleep hardly at all last night. These pain meds don't knock me out unfortunately. I have been drinking Water today. I feel so dehydrated. I am not feeling much gas pain. I had some yesterday in my back and I have had a heating pad on it. I took a gasx strip yesterday but don't think it did much. I ate a few teaspoons of greek yogurt and felt full. I need to have some of my Protein Shake. I just feel like I am obsessed with putting food and drink in my mouth, more than I ever did before I was banded. Is this normal? It feels like a full time job.

Banded on 2/19/14. All I can say is day by day the pain will become more tolerable. Continue to sip water. Try and get in some Protein. Suck on ice or sugar-free Popsicle's. I actually have ZERO appetite. Was able to get down 3 +ea spoons of Soup today and a whole 8 oz of water.

Banded on 2/19/14. All I can say is day by day the pain will become more tolerable. Continue to sip Water. Try and get in some Protein. Suck on ice or sugar-free Popsicle's. I actually have ZERO appetite. Was able to get down 3 +ea spoons of Soup today and a whole 8 oz of water.

That's how I was and I felt so weak and sick. That's when the doctor told me to take the miralax. That helped me out a lot. I have been able to drink all day and finish a bowl of cream of wheat. It took me all day but I did. And i didn't get full off of liquids today and felt so much better. The pressure is also gone too :-)

That's how I was and I felt so weak and sick. That's when the doctor told me to take the miralax. That helped me out a lot. I have been able to drink all day and finish a bowl of cream of wheat. It took me all day but I did. And i didn't get full off of liquids today and felt so much better. The pressure is also gone too :-)

I'm drinking hot tea with Miralax as I type. I pray I get some relief by morning. I'm glad you feeling tons better.

I'm drinking hot tea with Miralax as I type. I pray I get some relief by morning. I'm glad you feeling tons better.

Good! I hope it works for you too.

I am sipping Water out of a medicine cap. I feel like I am full of air but I can't burp. Just a small amount of water makes my stomach hurt and I get these weird cramping pains. What is going on?

I am sipping Water out of a medicine cap. I feel like I am full of air but I can't burp. Just a small amount of water makes my stomach hurt and I get these weird cramping pains. What is going on?

Have you started miralax yet? This helped me a lot. It will help relieve some of that pressure you have too. And don't forget to walk, walk, and walk some more . You have to get that gas out of you.

Have you started miralax yet? This helped me a lot. It will help relieve some of that pressure you have too. And don't forget to walk, walk, and walk some more . You have to get that gas out of you.

I didn't know to take miralax. I was wondering why you all were talking about it. I have been doing the gasx strips today but they don't help. What does miralax do exactly?