Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and nervious

MY date hasn't been set yet. I have to lose another 20 pounds. Any other time it wouldn't be hard to do, but this time I just can't stick with it!! I know I'm ready but can't figure out the hold-up!!

Hi Shirl,

Welcome to the forum. I am new-ish also and have found the site to be extremyl helpful. I'm not quite sure I understand your post. You're saying this last twenty pounds is proving to be more difficult than you anticipated?

<p>Hi Shirl,</p> <p>Welcome to the forum. I am new-ish also and have found the site to be extremyl helpful. I'm not quite sure I understand your post. You're saying this last twenty pounds is proving to be more difficult than you anticipated?</p>

Yes I have to lose 10% before I can have surgery and have 20 more to go. Just wish it was done and surgery date set. Getting very anxious.

I understand that feeling. My requirements are a little bit different than yours, but I get it. Patience is not a strong attribute of mine. :D I have have a series of things to complete however, and now I am just waiting on insurance verification. This has been the hardest part of being patient for me because it's at a complete stand still. I'm trying to roll with the punches and take it as part of the whole journey.

You will make it over this hump! It's just a small hiccup along your journey!

Thanks. And good luck with you also. I too am not a patient person. I want it done now! LoL but it took me 40 years to get this way, so I can wait a little while longer. Thanks for your kind words!!

Welcome Shirl! I've often thought that the pre-op weight loss may well be the toughest part of the entire process. It might help to keep reminding yourself that this is the LAST time you'll be dieting as the "old you". You will be amazed at how the "new you" changes everything. You're gonna love the new you!!!

Thanks DLCoggin! It is tough but I know the end result will be worth all the struggles. How are you coming along with yours? Have you had surgery yet?

You're certainly welcome Shirl! You can see my "stats" in my signature below. Have a great day!!

Hi shirl! Welcome!! You can do this cause it's so worth it! The pre op is definitely the hardest part in my opinion. Once the surgery is done it's adaptable and just learning to manage. There are tons of folks here who know how difficult it is so you definitely have come to the right spot. Have you met with your nutritionist yet? I loved mine and she was so invaluable to me before and after! Good luck and u can do this!!

Thanks. Yes I have finished everything except for the last 20 pounds. But reading all these stories and people encouragement has been very helpful.

Hi, I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hello. I have the iPhone version and I'm. It sure if I am posting correctly. I just did my online seminar for gastric bypass and now I wait to hear from the surgeon. I'm excited, scared, proud of my decision and just anxious to make new friends here that actually understand how hard this is, and how we are all struggling with the same thing. :)

Hi, I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hello. I have the iPhone version and I'm. It sure if I am posting correctly. I just did my online seminar for gastric bypass and now I wait to hear from the surgeon. I'm excited, scared, proud of my decision and just anxious to make new friends here that actually understand how hard this is, and how we are all struggling with the same thing. :)

Hi Bellagirl, welcome! I know you'll find this a great place to find support and encouragement and to find answers to questions and it's a great place to come for a laugh.

Best of luck as you start your journey. Keep us posted on your progress.

Just wanted to give a welcome. Pre-op dieting is the hardest part. :-)

Welcome to a world of new friends that certainly understand how hard this is and how we all have struggled with the same thing. We're always glad to have new folks join us!

You're gonna love the new you!!

Bellagirl for future posts just click on "New Topic" from the home page of whatever forum you want to post to and type away. That will create your own topic/thread. Have a great day!