Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date set 2-3-14

Thanks, so much!!! Your words help immensely!

My husband and I were blessed. Very little pain. No problem drinking and eating except one episode for me with a small piece of chicken. Taking Biotin for the hair, 2 months now and fine. Hubby is already bald lol. Maybe I should share my biotin and make him happy that he might get hair! Good job everyone!<br />

My husband and I were blessed. Very little pain. No problem drinking and eating except one episode for me with a small piece of chicken. Taking Biotin for the hair, 2 months now and fine. Hubby is already bald lol. Maybe I should share my Biotin and make him happy that he might get hair! Good job everyone!<br />

I am almost 4 months out. Just noticed some Hair loss.< /p>

Is Biotin OTC or prescription?

Linda;

Thank you. Looks like you have done well.

I'll pick up some Biotin.

Brothamike, I bought Unjury unflavored powder. I felt that right after surgery I wanted the best powder available. Worry about the Protein and Vitamin intake, hair, etc. I bought vanilla EAS powder at Walmart, approved by our NUT. I like the EAS best for shakes, while my husband likes Bariatric Advantage best. I found most were either vanilla or chocolate, except for the Unjury brand. I have not even used the unflavored protein however, because most of our meals are protein. Because of diabetes, we don't have any Pasta, crackers, bread or carb products in the house, and we don't have any sugars/desserts. My husband usually eats when he is hungry, and I do the same. Our surgeon seems a little different, and cautioned us, do not eat 3 meals a day. Eat heathy and eat when you are hungry was the instruction. What I dislike about the Protein Powder is that if you add it to hot Soup, it curdles (clumps). I really like hot foods in the winter. Maybe when winter goes away it will be better added to other things, like SF pudding, etc. I would caution you not to buy in bulk. Best of luck!!!

I use 3 different Protein products

Pre mixed Pure. Protein- liquid comes in cans with re sealable caps. 110 calories, 23 g Protein. Not the "BEST" quality but pretty good per my Nut. $2.00/ can

GNC. whey powder. Vanilla, About $1.00/ scoop. 100 cals for. 12 g protein. I mix it with coffee, flavored waters, diet Snapple.

I use a shaker cut with a wire to break up clumps.

The last one is NEW DIRECTION. powders recommended by my doctor. They come as shakes, puddings, Soups.

They are 200 calories each and are 28 g protein each. 3 of then give 100% of Vitamins. $3.00 each. Non prescription at my hospital pharmacy. They come in boxes of 7 packets. There is a variety pack.some shakes, some pudding, some Soups. Taste good. I was on them 7 weeks. Bored with flavors after 7 weeks..

OTC IN THE Vitamin SECTION! 4 MONTHS MUST BE THE TIME FRAME. BEST WISHES.

Picked up

Some Biotin today. Directions say 5 1000mg tabs per day.

Does that sound right?

I have Spring Vally Biotin, 10 mg (10,000 mcg.) Take 1 per day. (purchased Walmart) You would be taking 5,000 mg. a day compared to my 10 mg. a day. Double check the dose.

I have 1000mcg tabs.

Not mg

Directions say take 5/ day.

Good luck BrothaMike.

Let us know how you are doing when you can.

We all pulling for your sucess!

I'm alive and well. Lower stomach really tender and sore. Blood pressure went up to 214/120. But its good.

I'm alive and well. Lower stomach really tender and sore. Blood pressure went up to 214/120. But its good.

Take it slowly. Follow doctors orders. It WILL GET BETTER EVERY DAY.

Congratulation on your new life.

Thanks! I hope it does get better. Hard getting in and out of bed. And the gas pain in the chest. Ugh. The worse.