Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Missing food right about now.

I'm 10 days post op and I have not missed food not one bit not even on Christmas when I saw my moms delicious tamales I was fine. Today we have BBQ (brisket, chicken & beef fajitas, ribs, steaks) all the sides that go to that and different Desserts my favorites which is potato salad and charro Beans. My mom is very sweet she made some sf pudding so I could have something with chocolate. I'm just having a little moment but I'm not telling my family or friends and I'm just shaking it off. 3 more days and hello puréed life for another 2 more weeks I'm so looking forward to it. Sorry guys I just had to vent!!!

Happy New Years!!!

Day 10 is also when my hunger came back. I was on liquds for 4 weeks. Longest 4 weeks of my life. But ull be able to eat soon enuf, I promise!

Hnag in there...

Nesa, that would be an awful/wonderful meal to be around. I am craving Mexican food since surgery Nov. 18, and tasted a piece of canned tamale. Heavenly and soft. I celebrated New Year's Eve with 1 piece tonight, and ice Water. Happy New Year and good luck!!!

I feel your pain. I am on day 11 on a three week pre-op liquid diet. My family just made awesome looking, while I got to eat Jello..... yum. I just keep reminding myself that at some point I will be able to chew food again.

Happy New Year! 2014 is a great year for change.

Guess what you can have your two favorite foods in the purée phase if you purée them. Beans are absolutely great to eat! On,ya three more days. Hang in there.

I found foods like guacamole, hummus, cream cheese, refried Beans, warmed applesauce, and creamed Soups a lifesaver. They felt like "real foods" because they are and so delicious.

Just because you usually eat it on a chip or a cracker doesn't mean you HAVE to!

The refried Beans are yummy, and add a dollop of Laughing Cow White Cheddar cheese and melt! Love it.

I'm 7 days post op and can't stomach anything other than Water tea and broth. I haven't had any energy so my kids have had a lot of easy meals pizza frito pie sandwiches etc and man have I wanted to eat so bad. The house is full of chocolates and candy and cakes from Christmas and I've wanted a bite so bad!! I never realized how much my families day revolved around food until now that I can't have it. Kids are bored let's make Cookies let's go hang out go to eat go to friends house what can we serve you. Man it's incredible how you realize how much food is part if our lives. I know it's necessary to live but it's amazing how you can live without so much as well. It's hard but I just keep reminding myself it will get better and I have the rest of my life to eat what I want eat less and eat healthier as well as my kids and family. It hurts right now without it because it's new but we will make it!!!

Poor girl, it must be so hard with the kids. My husband is 3 weeks post op, I am 5 weeks, and our daughter showed up from out of town with a chocolate pie. I bought turkey and ham, all bagged in the freezer now. I had to cook for 5 (our 2 kids, spouses and 1 12-year old) and when they left I put it in the garbage and got it out of the house. No choice. Realized we cannot have it in the house. I hope you can manage some healthy meals for your family so you won't be tempted. I have already made turkey chili and loved it. That crockpot will come in handy also for you, with chicken, lowfat Soups, etc. Happy New Year!

I'm 7 days post op and can't stomach anything other than Water tea and broth. I haven't had any energy so my kids have had a lot of easy meals pizza frito pie sandwiches etc and man have I wanted to eat so bad. The house is full of chocolates and candy and cakes from Christmas and I've wanted a bite so bad!! I never realized how much my families day revolved around food until now that I can't have it. Kids are bored let's make Cookies let's go hang out go to eat go to friends house what can we serve you. Man it's incredible how you realize how much food is part if our lives. I know it's necessary to live but it's amazing how you can live without so much as well. It's hard but I just keep reminding myself it will get better and I have the rest of my life to eat what I want eat less and eat healthier as well as my kids and family. It hurts right now without it because it's new but we will make it!!!

Just wanted to point out there are other easy and cheap meals you can make your kids that might not tempt you as much or wear you out to cook. Rotisserie chicken with green Beans and potato salad on the side. Salad with prewashed greens and precooked chicken strips. Chicken and frozen veggies thrown into seasoned stock for a quick Soup. Just some thoughts. :)

I hear ya sister! I too had to endure holiday dinners with family, but I wasn't torn up about it at all. But I did see a pizza commercial this evening that had me wishing! Definitely ready to move on from the Clear liquids. Wife was nice and got me some Miso Soup this evening for my dinner...while she ate Sushi. But Im not hatin! The Miso was a great change up to the Beef/Chicken broth.

Have my Postop follow up on Monday and ready to have some other foods.

I hear ya sister! I too had to endure holiday dinners with family, but I wasn't torn up about it at all. But I did see a pizza commercial this evening that had me wishing! Definitely ready to move on from the Clear Liquids. Wife was nice and got me some Miso Soup this evening for my dinner...while she ate Sushi. But Im not hatin! The Miso was a great change up to the Beef/Chicken broth. Have my Postop follow up on Monday and ready to have some other foods.

It is so nice to have family support too by bringing home stuff we can actually eat. At first I was like OMG why are you eating that in front of me but they have to eat too lol and not everyone should have to suffer my liquid diet lol the hubs has been great bringing me home Soups after he gets off work going to different places asking what kind if brothy soups they have lol

I've got young kids. So we've had Cookies, chocolates and my all time fave..homemade chex mix in the house.

The only thing I was tempted by was the chex mix. I see it every day. But I miss the nuts out of it more than anything.

I'm 10 weeks and I really miss pizza. I have to escape the a hot bath when the family had that for dinner..which isn't much these days.

I bet it's extremely hard with kids I don't have kids, I agree I've really noticed how much our lives revolves around food. I'm just keeping a mind frame of how I will be healthy and thin =)