Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I am new to the board. I just made the call today to the surgeon and started my journey. I go the 13th of jan for my initial visit. Then 9long months of classes, psych appt, and all the craziness gets real for me.

I am a married mom of 6 kids. And I know this is not going to be easy. Is there anyone else just starting the journey? Or am I the lone one? I am really looking for a buddy to go thru this with!

Thanks in advance!

Misty Raine

Hi mistyraine76, I am hoping to have surgery in February. I wish you luck on your journey....I would like to keep in touch with you on this journey. When are you hoping to have surgery?

Hi I am new to the board. I just made the call today to the surgeon and started my journey. I go the 13th of jan for my initial visit. Then 9long months of classes, psych appt, and all the craziness gets real for me. <br><br> I am a married mom of 6 kids. And I know this is not going to be easy. Is there anyone else just starting the journey? Or am I the lone one? I am really looking for a buddy to go thru this with! <br><br> Thanks in advance!<br> Misty Raine

Misty, although I am not starting my journey - I would be happy to be there for you.

You came to the right place for support and questions. Please feel free to ask questions.

I am 18 months post op. I have lost 125.

Congrats on the start of your journey!

Music.. That's fantastic! I hope to lose about the same!!! I am so glad I found a place to get the support that I know I am going to desperately need. :)

I'm so excited to begin this journey. I only wish I was as far long in the process as many of you are! Lol.... I know it takes time... And I'm trying to be patient. When I read the stories, I only pray I'm as successful as so many are! Thanks for supporting me thru this even if I'm not as close to the surgery date as y'all are. I just don't want to give up going thru the 8 month process.

Misty, I am sort if in the beginning I have to do a 6 month journey of diet instructions. I am finishing month 3 I will not have surgery the earliest is May 2014. I too am so excited and want it to come quickly but it will go fast these months are flying by! So many new things to learn and experiment with eating schedules. I am glad I have this time to learn. It makes me feel more in control of the choices I am going to make for the rest if my life. Good lucky with your journey!

Hi Misty, The time until surgery will go fast.... Just use the time until then to learn as much as you can about this process. You will get a lot of information on this forum.

Thank you teacher lady and Autumn! I am trying to be patient and just kinda forget that it's coming until it gets closer to that time.... But at the same time I'm trying to learn all I can and read al I can about the process. I really want to be prepared and have answers before the questions! Lol

When I first made my decision to have WLS, I found myself consumed with learning everything all at once. I am that kind of person. I do not know anyone personally who has had WLS surgery other than on these boards. I found myself staying up watching YouTube and reading all the time. With the advice of my Nutritionist, she wanted me to slow down and learn step by step and enjoy the process of change. I still am a sponge and try to learn everything but I am enjoying the time to learn and then try before hand. Makes me feel prepared.

That's become me. I am reading nonstop and trying to learn all there is to know about WLS. I wanna make sure I am ready and prepared. I don't like surprises... Lol

Misty,

I totally agree learning all I can and living every way I can too!

I feel so much in control!

I eat every 3 hours small meals with the same guidelines for after surgery! Some of the meals have the smaller portions.

I am glad I am doing it now so I can fail while it is still safe!

Learn from my slip ups and try again!!!

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one obsessing! :) I called my dr today and I'm getting ready to post about that, but it was a good call. Finally begin my journey with my 1st appt Monday...and then I get my first nutrition appt! I'm super excited!!! Can't wait to get this journey underway! :)

How's it going misty? I read other post and looks like life is rough for you right now. I totally understand. I feel like everyday there is a new challenge to face. This week was putting a beloved pet down, and on the same day finding out my mom has cancer.

This year has been so rough and trying to put myself first with the WLS has been such a challenge. I am doing it though... I didn't turn to food this week to find comfort!! That is huge..

Going through the 6 months process has changed my body but also my habits, not all of them but enough that I can have confidence I can do this journey and it is the right one for me...

I hope you hang in there for yourself and your girls...

They submitted for approval this week too so soon I will hopefully be post op instead of pre op..

How's it going misty? I read other post and looks like life is rough for you right now. I totally understand. I feel like everyday there is a new challenge to face. This week was putting a beloved pet down, and on the same day finding out my mom has cancer.

This year has been so rough and trying to put myself first with the WLS has been such a challenge. I am doing it though... I didn't turn to food this week to find comfort!! That is huge..

Going through the 6 months process has changed my body but also my habits, not all of them but enough that I can have confidence I can do this journey and it is the right one for me...

I hope you hang in there for yourself and your girls...

They submitted for approval this week too so soon I will hopefully be post op instead of pre op..

Thanks for checking on me. I am doing ok. Found out by switching my insurance co that instead of a 9 month wait...I have a 6 mo program. Im now in my 3rd month. Cant wait for the next 3 to hurry up and pass already!! Lol ...

Things have calmed down around the house. The minute I started trying to learn about myself....things started to fall into place. I am back in school. I have separated from my toxic husband. And filed for divorce. Im anxious for that to be finalized. Even my kids have settled down tremendously.

Life is good waitin! Surgery is gonna be a good thing.

Welcome Misty!! Glad to see you here!! I know 9 months seems like a long time, I only had to do 6 months but honestly it reality it flew by with all the appointments and tests and what not!

6 kids, you are a trooper! Lol.

I think you will find this support forum amazing and you will never be "alone". New people are joining and everyone is in different stages so someone can relate to where you are, someone will want to be where you are, and others are farther along and can answer questions so NEVER feel alone!!