Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Operation Operation"

Awesome job!! Way to go those are amazing results!

What a spectacular and motivational start you have had! Congratulations and I can't wait to be on the losing side too.

Can't wait to see some pictures too!!

Thank you all!!! You all motivate me with those kind comments!!!

Pictures? I took some pictures the night before surgery and I plan on taking them again the first of every month.

I take measurements each Friday for right now. I plan on moving that to the first of every month as well in a month or two.

I think I get more excited about the inches than the pounds!!!

UPDATE 6 Weeks:

Lordy Lordy Look Who's Down 40

I know everyone says but it is so true how amazingly weird it is to look down at the scale and see it the number 40 less than just 6 short weeks ago! I used to have a scale possessed by satan that would read 260 and then I would get back on and it would read 126!!! I bought a new scale by EatSmart, which is EXCELLENT, and I still will get on it again to make sure the number it is giving is real and also that it is not possessed. Even if I the number doesn't go down I still get a big smile and get warm fuzzies when I see the number.

Eating.

I have not ventured out with my food like some of you brave souls. My meals consist of either chicken, tuna fish, turkey deli meat, turkey meatballs, eggs or fish. All of those give a lot of Protein and go down pretty easy. Although chicken is something that if is not dark meat or very moist causes issues going down. It is actually painful right below my ribs in the middle. I found out if I mix in unsweetened applesauce to chicken breast it goes down smoothly.

I usually start out each day with 2 scoops of unjury, 1 chocolate Splendor and 1 Unflavored, with hot Water that's under 140°!! This is my Protein Hot Cocoa that gives me 42g of protein! Since I started this drink I haven't missed my daily Protein.< /span>

Drinking.

Still a challenge to get my 8 cups in everyday. If I don't concentrate on it I will be a cup low for day or dinking lemonade at 10pm. It still surprises me how long it takes to drink. I haven't ventured into many different types of drinks. I am still waiting to drink coffee until I am out 4 months. I still have my Kuerig and I visit with it often to make sure it knows I miss it!! Is that weird???

Exercise.

Every week is getting better. I am doing just cardio right now 3-4 times a week. My desire is to run in a 5K this year so I have started to practice the Couch 2 5K (C25K) program. I will actual C2K5 in a month or so. I am convinced that exercise is crucial to maximizing the weight loss. We will still lose pounds if we don't exercise this first year but I believe we can lose even more with adding exercise.

This is a port to catch up with my WLS family so I apologize for being so long. I will pop in more often I promise!!!!

"Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you are donating blood."

Great job and you ain't seen nothing yet! Congratulations!!

UPDATE 7 Weeks:

NEGATIVE GHOSTRIDER!!!!

So last Sunday my beautiful Wiff came home from work at 3:30 in the morning and put a roast in the slow cooker. The smell crept up all the way upstairs to my bedroom and actually woke me!! Every hour I woke to that lovely aroma. Then we woke and got ready for church and the whole time I kept walking by that slow cooker and it was intoxicating. Next we left for church and the whole time the smell of that roast was still in my nostrils! I am a talker so I usually hang around after church and mingle but not that day!!! I had my coat on before the prayer was over. We arrived at home and immediately commenced Operation EAT.

The first few bites were fantastic and then...............it happened. My pouch responded with a "NEGATIVE GHOSTRIDER!" I felt pressure in middle under ribs and I knew this wasn't going to happen. SO SAD!! I did try 2 more bites just to confirm and yep, it was a no go. I told my Wiff and apologized and she looked at me and asked, "Are you crying?" LOL !! I told her no but my face must have been so pitiful that she thought I was crying.

I didn't have a full swing dumping episode but it was painful enough to let me know I am NOT ready for beef yet.

Edited by knt4ever

UPDATE 7 Weeks:

NEGATIVE GHOSTRIDER!!!!

So last Sunday my beautiful Wiff came home from work at 3:30 in the morning and put a roast in the slow cooker. The smell crept up all the way upstairs to my bedroom and actually woke me!! Every hour I woke to that lovely aroma. Then we woke and got ready for church and the whole time I kept walking by that slow cooker and it was intoxicating. Next we left for church and the whole time the smell of that roast was still in my nostrils! I am a talker so I usually hang around after church and mingle but not that day!!! I had my coat on before the prayer was over. We arrived at home and immediately commenced Operation EAT.

The first few bites were fantastic and then...............it happened. My pouch responded with a "NEGATIVE GHOSTRIDER!" I felt pressure in middle under ribs and I knew this wasn't going to happen. SO SAD!! I did try 2 more bites just to confirm and yep, it was a no go. I told my Wiff and apologized and she looked at me and asked, "Are you crying?" LOL !! I told her no but my face must have been so pitiful that she thought I was crying.

I didn't have a full swing dumping episode but it was painful enough to let me know I am NOT ready for beef yet.

This happened to me too. I had a roast in and smelled it all day as well. When it came time to eat, I had a few bites and found it was a no go! I was so disappointed cuz I was so looking forward to it. Don't know if I didn't chew enough or ate it too fast cuz I was so excited, but I will try again someday! ;)

You are truly an inspiration!!! I just found your thread and read all five pages and your so motivating and encouraging!! I had my surgery on the 11th and the first couple of days I was crying and screaming "WHAT IN THE HELL DID I DO TO MYSELF"! See I'm allergic to most pain meds so I'm in pain all day everyday and I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy!! Going through your thread gave me a burst of "I CAN DO THIS"!! Thank you for sharing and I am so looking forward to reading more and eventually seeing your pics!!! Congratulations brother

UPDATE 8 Weeks:

THE BILL ARRIVED

Sooooooo, I received my medical bill for the surgery, lab tests, and everything else. WOW. Luckily we have very good insurance!! I have Mutual Heath Services in Ohio.

I strategically had the surgery before the calendar year ended because I knew most my deductible and co-pays had been paid already. I was seeing my PCP almost every month for some sort of medical issue from the morbid obesity. Last year I went to the doctor more than the last 10 years combined. That was one of the factors that led me to the WLS, I was physically falling apart FAST.

Back to the BILL, here is how it broke down of who paid how much:

TOTAL CHARGE: $51,847.27

PPO DISCOUNT: $30,015.01

BENEFITS PAID: $21,519.83

AMOUNT I OWE: $312.43!!!!

I don't feel I could put a price on how much this WLS has helped improve my health but if I had to pay $51,000 it would be worth it!! I am down over 50lbs and 9 inches off belly. I don't have any more liver issues or sleep apnea. Blood pressure is perfect. Heart rate is normal. I just wanted to share the bill because I was wondering Pre-Op about this.

I will post this in Insurance & financing also.

Edited by knt4ever

UPDATE 2 Months:

Happy 2 Month Surgiversary - My Body & Me

Today is two months since I went to surgery at 5am in the morning. This is officially the lowest I have weighed since coming home from Afghanistan in 2010. Not counting those 7 months, this is lowest in.........well I can't remember. I am very aware that this amount of loss will not stay at this rate but I want to keep this journal going so I can look back.

I have learned so much about me and my body these past months. I can look at food and know what it will do to my body and what my body will do with it. My body is responding and I don't want to let it down. It likes the meals with Protein. It likes to know that meals will happen at certain times of the day and doesn't worry if I will forget about it. It likes the work outs. It likes to actually rest when sleeping instead of fighting to get enough oxygen. My body likes ME!!!!!!

So I have said before I am a stat guy so here are the pounds and inches that I have lost in two months:

WEIGHT: 53 lbs.

WAIST: 9 in

CHEST: 4 in

LEG: 3.5 in

NECK: 2 in

ARM: 2.5 in

New quote for the month:

"My weight is perfect, it just so happens I am 3 feet too short!!"

Edited by knt4ever

UPDATE 2 Months & 2 Days:

Before and After Pics 2 Months

Ok finally going to post some pics.....ugh. These are before and after from day of surgery to 2 Month Surgiversary.

Here we go.....

Before & After Front 02-26-14

Before & After Right 02-26-14

Edited by knt4ever

You look great!! Keep it up!

UPDATE 2 Months & 2 Weeks:

CLOTHES FIT?

I just can't believe but I am already down 60 lbs!!! I am now under 35 BMI so that makes me officially ineligible to have the WLS!!! LOL

I am finally trying on clothes that were too small for so long. They are FITTING!!

It is weird because mentally I think clothes I have on are fine or tight but they are actually really loose! So I am adjusting mentally what is loose and how clothes are supposed to fit. Weird transition for sure. A pair of jeans I have been wearing will fall off even all zipped up and buttoned and I thought they fit fine. I found an old pair that are smaller and I had to tell myself this is what clothes that fit feel like.

I will try to post more often to keep in touch!!!

Peace out and WORD to yo mutha!