Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Were Your Favorite Post Op Foods?

Now I understand everyone is different and everyone pouch is sensitive to different thing. I'm scheduled for surgery in March and I was just wondering what were some of your favorite foods transitioning through the stages of liquids as mushies to solids.. I need some ideas of things to try

Now I understand everyone is different and everyone pouch is sensitive to different thing. I'm scheduled for surgery in March and I was just wondering what were some of your favorite foods transitioning through the stages of liquids as mushies to solids.. I need some ideas of things to try

Doesn't you NUT have a plan for you or have you not got that far? You will find everyone on here has a different eatingI plan and time frame.

First 2 weeks post I could only have Protein Shakes, yogurt and cream of chicken Soup, along with clear liquids...sf swiss miss with a scoop of unflavored Protein was my daily go to drink

After 2 weeks I could only add egg, cottage cheese and ricotta....I made a baked ricotta every day..yum!

At week 4 I could have moist meats, I dont have to puree any of my food just has to be really moist...I use my crock pot for chicken and turkey, can have any flaky fish and soy products, no beef I stay on this stage for 4 weeks

Because I eat so little I make one thing and eat it for couple days

I loved ricotta topped with a little spaghetti sauce and some mozz! I'd bake it 15 mins in a little ramekin and eat on it for days! Also refried Beans with a little cheese on top! Mmm! Some days it really depended on what I was 'feeling' would taste best. Good luck with your surgery. I always like to recommend the best shakes I've found because someone suggested them on here...Premier Protein in chocolate. You can find them at costco and SAMs club.

Doesn't you NUT have a plan for you or have you not got that far? You will find everyone on here has a different eatingI plan and time frame.

First 2 weeks post I could only have Protein shakes, yogurt and cream of chicken Soup, along with clear liquids...sf swiss miss with a scoop of unflavored Protein was my daily go to drink

After 2 weeks I could only add egg, cottage cheese and ricotta....I made a baked ricotta every day..yum!

At week 4 I could have moist meats, I dont have to puree any of my food just has to be really moist...I use my crock pot for chicken and turkey, can have any flaky fish and soy products, no beef I stay on this stage for 4 weeks

. I just had all my bloodwork done for surgery today and a urine analysis, I've met with the nutritionist several times and she honestly just looks at me like I'm disgusting, she hardly says a word and didn't even want to see my food journal they required me to keep for the past 6 or so months. Unfortunately I have kaiser insurance and she's the only one in the bariatric department in my area. I've asked her about post op foods and she said i will get that information in my pre surgery conference where they will have me try shakes

I was making fat free refried Beans with ricotta. Not the best, but I felt almost like I was eating solids. Tricked my brain a little.

I am really sorry that you're being treated like this. I think this is a problem overall with nutritionists and dieticians - the contempt they have for the overweight. The last time I saw one the food plan she put me on was so insanely restrictive and she was so condescending it was more harmful than helpful. I hope my nutritionist that I see at the end of Jan for the procedure is better.

First 2 weeks post I could only have Protein shakes, yogurt and cream of chicken Soup, along with clear liquids...sf swiss miss with a scoop of unflavored Protein was my daily go to drink
. I just had all my bloodwork done for surgery today and a urine analysis, I've met with the nutritionist several times and she honestly just looks at me like I'm disgusting, she hardly says a word and didn't even want to see my food journal they required me to keep for the past 6 or so months. Unfortunately I have kaiser insurance and she's the only one in the bariatric department in my area. I've asked her about post op foods and she said i will get that information in my pre surgery conference where they will have me try shakes

If there's a problem with your nutritionist's services or attitude you need to speak up and ask for changes. Discuss it with her or her supervisor. But first give yourself a reality check as to whether you may be misinterpreting her attitude, perhaps due to your own discomfort with food issues or impatience to get started.

It is premature for you to be worrying about post op foods and she may be trying to shift your attention to the matter at hand--your pre-op eating habits and how to improve them. You've got a long way to go before surgery, so don't put the cart before the horse. Prior to surgery you will be given the written program detailing foods to eat at each stage of the first 6 weeks or so. Every doctor has their own program based on their education and experience. If you search this forum and others like it, you will find hundreds of posts on the subject. However, unless you have a specific concern, I would suggest you focus on learning more about good nutrition and improving your food choices today. Then take it one step at a time, one day at a time! Best wishes for your journey.

I was just interested in hearing what everyone's favorite post op foods were so I could have opinions on things to try. I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm only trying to prepare and have a functioning kitchen. My eating habits now are great, I've been in the program 13 months now and have lost a good amount of weight on my own through diet and exercise. Although I'm overweight I've never been insecure, I love myself now and will love myself at any weight. But I can tell when someone is being snarky. Even she admitted at the end of my last consultation that there is nothing about my eating that I need to improve on at this point in time. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking questions, especially post op questions when you are pre op, in fact I think it's really important to know whether or not the post op diet is something you are willing to do. For me I am, I wasn't looking for a specific food list, I could find that anywhere on the internet, I wanted personal experiences not a generic list.

Sorry you got a NUT with attitude :( a couple good websites to check out are Bariatric Foodie and World According to Egg Face both these women are years post op and have wonderful recipes and ideas for every stage.

Thank you so much for the websites and recipes! Have any of you tried any Protein Shakes that are whey free? I'm allergic to whey I saw hemp, rice, and soy (I think) Protein shakes, I plan on trying them now to see which I like best but any insight if you've tried them would be awesome ;)

I too am allergic to whey...I got an egg protien shake but it blends funny. I think it's going to be trial and error. Pea protien is next on my list to try. The egg get too foamy.

I'm actually on the lookout for a non flavored non whey protien that I can put in my water...anyone out there know one..hollar at me :)....I'm super new, just had surgery 12/17!!

I'm actually on the lookout for a non flavored non whey protien that I can put in my water...anyone out there know one..hollar at me :)....I'm super new, just had surgery 12/17!!

Check out GNC...they have a ton of choices...