Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, this is a bit of a vain question........has anyone used Retin-A for wrinkles and fine lines?

Does anyone know much about it,

Kind regards from a wrinkly gal, hahahaha:biggrin1:

I have been using it for YEARS. Started because of acne and continued when I heard about the wrinkles :(

RIGHT NOW I'm less wrinkled than my friends - then again, there's a lot more fat in my face too. So it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Others have problems with sun - I don't. I'm bad about sunbathing too - I love having a tan.

Some salons will not wax your face if you're using Retin-A. I've been getting my eyebrows tweezed for as long as I've been using the Retin-A!

If you want the true wrinkle remover go with Botox. Retin A takes way too long and doesn't show the same affect.

Botox is the bomb! I get injections in my forehead and around my eyes every 4 months. If you're worried about fine lines, try laser treatment. I did that under my eyes and loved the results.

with the Botox, do you use it for preventative measures, I want to do it but am worried I will not be able to afford the upkeep in the future.:) :)

with the Botox, do you use it for preventative measures, I want to do it but am worried I will not be able to afford the upkeep in the future.:) :)

I started Botox about 3 years ago when I was developing a permanent vertical line between my eyebrows from scowling. The Botox eliminated the wrinkle line and has prevented me from getting any additional lines. It costs me about $1000 per year ($350 every 4 months) to keep up with the Botox. But if it prevents the need for a forehead lift or for laser treatments, then I think it's worth it. And I also get far fewer headaches now that I'm not furrowing my brow all day long as I'm staring at my computer screen.

Amourette, you are not wrinkly! Your face is gorgeous!

My friend was getting married (for the third time). I was really worried about her choice until I saw how happy she was. I kept telling her how serene she looked and that I had never seen her look so beautiful. "It must be love," I proclaimed. She grabbed my arm and said that it was the Botox in her frown lines, forehead and around eyes that gave her that look. hahaha... I still am not sure if she is happy this time.

I want it!

I use Retin-A for acne (I'm 34) and I have noticed that my skin just looks better in general. And a few friends have asked me what I am using because my skin looks so good.

I don't have major wrinkles yet so my doc said the Retin-A will act like a beauty cream and prevent some (not all) wrinkles from forming.

She said I was "lucky" to have just enough acne so that insurance will cover the cream. She also said that more than half of her paitients are on it as a beauty treatment.

I totally plan on getting Botox when the time comes. I hope by then it is available in generic form so that it will be more affordable!

Botox is the BOMB! I love it but I can't afford it. I have used Retin-A on and off for over 30 years. When used consistently it diminishes fine lines and improves overall tone. It works by increasing cel turnover I believe. It is the only thing that has ever worked on my comedones. I use it year-round but I would avoid full sun if I put it on that day. It can enhance a sunburn. Retin-A is cheap and slow and I get mine from Canada (with a prescription).

Susan CRNP

Wow, this is interesting, I am less than one week into using it and my skin is so dry, maybe i just got carried away applying too much so will tone it down perhaps to every other day. Boo, I got mine in Hong Kong, you can anything there, but if it works I think my doc would give it to me anyway, they are pretty relaxed here in NZ! I am tempted to try Botox, but worried I can't afford 4 monthly appointments hehehe!!!!

XX