Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

SuperFab,

My first two days home I struggled with nausea (even with a zofran script). The thing that helped most was warm Water with peppermint extract.

I really hope you're feeling better soon.

Yeah, I've tried everything and I'm always nauseated. But I feel a lot better after taking my shower.

Just an update on me. Got almost all my Protein in today. Also I have been walking about 1.5-2 miles a day the last four days. I'm down 14 pounds and feeling much better everyday. My blood sugars are amazing and I have lowered my hourly dose on my pump again (with doctors direction). The sleeve is saving my life!

That's awesome! My insulin has become less as well. I should be walking more but between snow and rain hasn't happened as much as I want. I'm proud of you!!!!

Just an update on me. Got almost all my Protein in today. Also I have been walking about 1.5-2 miles a day the last four days. I'm down 14 pounds and feeling much better everyday. My blood sugars are amazing and I have lowered my hourly dose on my pump again (with doctors direction). The sleeve is saving my life!

Way to go!!! I'm proud of u girl

Way to go!!! I'm proud of u girl

You will be doing great as soon as you get rid of that nausea!

Had a bad day. Someone very close to me was telling me how I should & shouldn't eat after surgery. UGH! I know people care but people who have not experienced a weight issue shouldn't be giving out advice. This is NOT the easy way out and I don't need to be told how to do this. I'm different than everyone else. Also I'm a grown woman and make my own choices. Just tired if judgement. Sorry for venting.

Well just finished packing. We leave out about 6:30 in the a.m. Have to be there for 8:00, surgery at 10:00. Really starting to feel "real" now. I know this is the right decision it's just scary. But I'm so ready to get it over with! Good luck to the other Feb 20th sleevers:)

Been dry heaving and nauseous all day, but still walking loops. Lol

Oh god, the nausea. And it's real bad when it's close to get more. Lol

Thanks for all the encouraging words. Forgive any typos as just got pain and anti nausea meds. Hah.

Bahaha. The noisy roommatespeople left, so I've been able to get some good nap time in. I've walked 3 times, and apparently I'll get up every 2 hours to walk more. WHY CAN'T I JUST sleep? !

I'm still so excited. I can't wait for the gas pains go away don't have to pee, and I'd never trust a fart, especially after the bowel prep I didn't do. Haha

Wow! You are doing so. Awesome! Congratulations!

Thanks for all the encouraging words. Forgive any typos as just got pain and anti nausea meds. Hah. Bahaha. The noisy roommatespeople left, so I've been able to get some good nap time in. I've walked 3 times, and apparently I'll get up every 2 hours to walk more. WHY CAN'T I JUST sleep? ! I'm still so excited. I can't wait for the gas pains go away don't have to pee, and I'd never trust a fart, especially after the bowel prep I didn't do. Haha

Lol you are hilarious! Don't trust a fart as my dad says they could come with gifts!

Thanks for all the encouraging words. Forgive any typos as just got pain and anti nausea meds. Hah.

Bahaha. The noisy roommatespeople left, so I've been able to get some good nap time in. I've walked 3 times, and apparently I'll get up every 2 hours to walk more. WHY CAN'T I JUST sleep? !

I'm still so excited. I can't wait for the gas pains go away don't have to pee, and I'd never trust a fart, especially after the bowel prep I didn't do. Haha

Glad to see your stomach is gone, but your humor remains in tact! Keep walking. You will feel so much better the more you walk. It makes all the difference.

I pooped today for the first time since my surgery (almost a full 7 days ago). It was...rough. Lol! But now I'm feeling so much better! From now on I have to watch out for those sneaky farts!

Keep up the good work SJ!

Had a bad day. Someone very close to me was telling me how I should & shouldn't eat after surgery. UGH! I know people care but people who have not experienced a weight issue shouldn't be giving out advice. This is NOT the easy way out and I don't need to be told how to do this. I'm different than everyone else. Also I'm a grown woman and make my own choices. Just tired if judgement. Sorry for venting.

Vent away! That's what we are here for. I know his tough it can be getting unwanted advice from people who think they're being helpful. Just remember they think they're helping.

Feel free to vent here anytime! We all need support and the venting can be very therapeutic. :)

I DARE another person to tell me it's the easy way out. I've experienced an exorbitant amount of pain. Then nausea and dry heaves. Then I just had such pain that it took a large dose of morphine to take the edge off.