Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Fill, not full, not sure

It has only been a month since my surgery. (2/15) I haven't had a fill yet. I can eat.....trying to watch it but am really scared at this time. I am scared that I am going to eat like this all the time. I want this to work but seem to sabatoge myself at times. I just ate something I know that I shouldn't have. I actually snuck some chips to the back room. I am upset with myself. It is like it may be the last time I can eat some of these things. I used that excuse before the surgery. Guess I needed to confess! Looks kind of silly when I look at it but I am really concerned that I will be able to eat what I want after the fill.....better yet, I am scared to gain weight back before the fill. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE ALL THE WILL POWER I NEED TO AT LEAST GET THROUGH THIS TIME PERIOD!

I am in the same boat. Banded 2/14. Can not wait until the first fill, hopefully that will be a help. I am trying, but it is very easy to cheat.

I am hoping that going to the gym will help.

Good luck to us!

I know exactly what you're talking about. I just started mushies on Thursday last week and did great until yesterday. I don't know what happened to me. I ate my whole meal last night. Granted it was grilled catfish, mashe potatoes and cooked apples. I only ate about half at the restaurant, but when I got home...I just devoured the rest of it, along with a whole biscuit. Then tonight, I ate half a carton of ice cream! WHY DID I DO THAT---I was doing so well. It's like I'm drawn to it and just can't stop myself. My husband is getting banded on Monday and after seeing me eat a whole meal last night, he's wondering if this is going to work for either of us. Hopefully, he won't find out about the ice cream. The last thing I want to do is discourage him, and also since we are self paying, I don't want to waste the 24,000 we're spending! Any advice to help get me back on track? I don't think my doctor will give me a fill until April 13. :cry

thanks for the replies. It is like confessing....once it is done you have to move on! Dixiecharm one might think we were related! I am a self pay also and want this to work so bad. I know that I have to work at it as well and it isn't just going to happen. You are going to have a wonderful support group right at home. The Dr. told me I may gain some once I start eatting and not to be alarmed but I don't want to gain everything I lost!!! My fill will be at the end of the month and really am looking forward to the extra help. I read earlier about someone just dancing around feeling so much better and had such a wonderful attitude.....I WANT THAT! Went walking to get my mind off of the food. Helped for a bit until I smelled someone cooking smothered potatoes! LOL!!! I wish you and your husband all the best. As LeeInDe said..." Good luck to us!"

Hey Y'all,

I was banded on 1.5.07 and I had my first fill 2.23.07. I was a horrible patient. I did totally crappy on the pre-op diet. I did decent on post-op because I was afraid that I would injure myself. But once I was on regular food, I could eat 3000 calories a day with no problem. I lost 10lbs on liquids and then gained back almost half of it.

Since my fill, I have jump started the weight loss. I am eating less, but I know I will get another fill in a few weeks. I am eating about 2000 calories a day now.

I say while you are on the pre-fill stage, practice the bandster rules. That way you aren't focusing on the weight loss yet since you aren't restricted. I focused on smaller bites, chewing a lot, eating slowly.

Once I got the fill then I added no drinking for an hour after eating. I have lost a total of 9 lbs in 9 weeks. I am not super bandster, but I am having some results and I am not dying. I told myself when I got this band that I just don't have it in me to officially diet anymore. I am trying to eat healthy, but I eat until I am full and I eat when I am hungry. Wating to drink for an hour after eating really cuts down on the snacking. It isn't worth eating a little snack to not drink for an hour for me.

Just a couple of thoughts to get you through the next couple of weeks! You all are doing it, you just don't know it yet!

Good luck!

:help: I am sooooooo glad that someone posted this thread because I too have been sabatoging myself for no good reason that I can think of. I was banded on Valentine's Day this year and since 2 weeks after my surgery I have been going nuts eating everything in sight! I recently read a post from a woman talking about getting compliments from friends and dancing all the time over her weight loss and I felt really bad that I didn't have the same attitude. I feel like I am being given the opportunity to confess my behavior and hopefully move on with a new outlook. I get my first fill on March 29th and I looking forward to it. I feel like I am letting myself down right now and I am really grateful that I can come to this site and read about people just like me who have similar struggles. I think I'm ready to take control again so I don't have to go to my first fill appointment with some of my weight regained. Thanks everyone.

Kelly;)