Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving.....!?

We did Thanksgiving with my side of the family yesterday. I'm not going to lie, I was really nervous! All that food, and temptation! I wasn't sure how it was going to be. I just took a tiny bit of everything I wanted, including 2 tiny pieces of my favorite pies...pumpkin and pecan. YUM! My band totally did its job, and I was perfectly satisfied with my little plate of food! Unlike my pre banded days, I didn't even want to go back for seconds!

This was my t-day meal 2 years ago when I was at my sweet spot. I was focused and didn't feel like I missed out at all! I wasn't stuffed like everyone else either AND I actually lost weight over the holiday! (Even with some crackers and cheese dip and pumpkin cake that day). It can be done!!!

post-29488-0-43508700-1385365545_thumb.jpeg

What are your plans to stay in control? Could you share some good tips.

I think I'm going to try to bring something to share that is something I can eat.

Believe it or not, I'm just going to remember how great I feel and look and remind myself that looking good feels so much better than overeating feels. I'll eat smart and as healthy as possible and will feel great when I get home instead of being angry and upset because I didn't stay in control. It's all a head game and you just need to have your 'head in the game' before you sit down to eat. You are strong and can have a great Thanksgiving. Don't fear the holiday, but embrace the new you instead. Good luck!

I'm getting kinda nervous, but I think I can handle the holiday. I hope. I also hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving too.

i have given thanksgiving a great deal of thought. i know i will have dark turkey meat and one other side. because i never eat it i think the dressing. but as always i will just put a tbls. on my plate. only my husband has seen me with a stuck issue the rest of the family has not. and sometimes i can't get to a quiet place quick enough. so with all the ppl around i think i will just be good. oh and i will have cranberries with my turkey. i am making a sugar free type. have a great thanksgiving everyone remember you will feel so good about yourself if you can get through the day band friendly.

LOVE all of these responses! Thanks for posting. Happy Thanksgiving!

I hadmtwo bits last year and it got stuck I was 12 wks out.... this year i am 7 lbs from goal and we do not have family or guest to share with so we will treat it like another day. Imentslly could think of not eatting these hoildy meals and this year I do not feel oblogated and that just proves I eat because I was taught to eat poorly... I like being thin ...change that LOVE being thin.

Good luck to all this is just a test...you'll do great.

I tend to modify recipes I love and make them healthier yet still very tasty. This way I enjoy eating it but don't obsess over it.

Oops. Lapband Land! :o

I purposely scheduled a fill for today just in time for Thanksgiving.

So im on liquids for 2days.

Cant wait to see how this goes.

Oops. Lapband Land! :o

It's like walking into the men's bathroom isn't it? Lol

Lots of excellent feedback. Thanks everyone.!!!!! I think I will have the dark meat of the turkey, and a veggie side. I don't want to get stuck.

Happy Thanksgiving all! I hope your day is stress free and fun.

Hi, I cooked a turkey, set eh table myself. I only eat of salad size plates. One small plate and that was plenty for me! There were 6 adults, 4 of which had lapband surgery, so I had a 10 lb bird and sent most of the remanider home with the adults hwo have children. The main problem in that is that others have been looking for non-existant leftovers!