Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Hey Ladies!

Well, I finally have TV, internet, and phone...Yah! It is amazing how easy it is to eat anything (and everything) without your internet support, food journal or exercise journal! I have been a really BAD girl!

I am going to try to turn it around today...it is a new day, right?

Hope everyone finds some time to enjoy this beautiful sunshine!

Hi everyone!!

Just checking in. It was 4 weeks yesterday that I had my surgery and I am down 32.5 lbs. It blows my mind. I have so much energy now. Last night I was on the floor with my grandson playing cars for over an hour and still had the energy to go for my nightly walk. That never would have happened 4 weeks ago. I am loving my new life!!!

Everyone have a blessed day~

Just thought I would say hello, And see how everyone is doing??

Hey guys! Kinda quiet around here...guess that means we are all keeping active and busy!

I wanted to share that I had a NSV today. I was looking in my closet trying to find a pair of size 20 jeans to wear today, but I didn't have any. I was bummed about not having anything to wear--again! I took a pair of 17/18 jeans just to see how tight they were, and they FIT!!!

I couldn't believe it! I have still been wearing the size 24 shorts that Juli gave me before Disney. I knew they were too big now, but I didn't want to spend money on anything new...I just about fell over when these jeans fit!

Hope everyone is doing well! I miss ya and I am going to try to make it this weekend!

Niki - that's a great jeans victory! Congratulations. I got a couple pairs of 26 and zipped all the way up and I was happy on that. Wasn't used to the muffin top of wearing jeans again though. Guess I'll keep trying them on until they look better and looser.

My NSV today is buttoning a 24 blazer all the way down the front, all three buttons with no pulling/puckering! Hoping to knock on the 22 door by Thanksgiving and maybe even 20 by Christmas/New Years!

I am doing pretty good on the Labor Day to Hallow-Lean challenge - I think I'm going to meet my goal of 14 lbs lost in that time frame. I am amazed.

Hi. I am new here and have never posted before but I have been reading messages for awhile. My name is Shawna. I hope to be banded by the end of the year if everything works out with insurance. I have one more clearance appointment (sleep dr.) and I will have everything done. And I am a Dr. Choban patient.

My question to you all, did anyone have a hard time getting the doctors you saw for the clearances to send the clearance paperwork to Charlene? (I hope that made sense) I had my Psych eval 2 months ago and I have called twice and they said they faxed it but Charlene says she still doesn't have it. My Cardiac clearance was 1 month ago, I called on Monday and they aren't sure what they are supposed to send and they can only send it to my PCM, then they will have to send it on to Dr. Choban. Still no one has it. Meanwhile Charlene only has my Nutritional class in my file.

Sorry to unload here but I want this so bad and I have been working on it since May and it just doesn't seem to be moving along. Did anyone else have to deal with this? Oh, by the way I did use only doctors from the lists that we were given because I thought they would be used to dealing with the paperwork. Any help or encourgment would be appreciated!

Welcome swood! You have found a great group of people for support and the right place to unload :wink2:.

In response to your question, I hand delivered all my clearances except my cardio. BIG MISTAKE! I should have delivered that one as well. It took almost 2 months for them to get it to Charlene. IMHO I would make a trip to each doc and insist on taking it yourself. You will know for sure that each clearance is in Charlenes hands and it will relieve the stress you are feeling right now. Best of luck to you.

Hi everyone!!

Niki and Kathy~ WOOT!! WTG!!! I love those NSV moments. Smaller sizes are just the added bonus to feeling better and being healthier.

Everyone have a blessed day~

Kathy,

I made an appointment to see Dr Shah for Monday. I expect he's going to tell me drop another 20 before surgery which would be fine with me. I want to have it done in June and I know I can be there by then.

I thought I'd let you know. It was good to see you Monday.

Great news on the buttoning the jacket. You are doing fantastically well!

Juli, my fingers are crossed for your meeting on Monday!!! I can't wait to hear what he says!

BTW... did you meet my SIL last week?

I DID! I didn't know Katie was working in the Rhodes tower. It was nice catching up with her and talking about you. LOL.

She's a doll and so thinks the world of you.

I'll let you know what the surgeon says. I expect I'll be told to drop more weight but I want to get a clue what I'm up for. And I don't plan on having surgery until June. Considering it took me 14 months to get the lapband surgery I'm not waiting too long to start this process.

:wink2: Juli

Julie,

You go Girl! You know I'll be talking to you about your experience with Dr. Shah. I got a chance to relook at the CD and OMG I feel like the before picture and I still have mucho weight to lose. Can't imagine what I will look like 6 months from now. You keep up the great work! You are a true inspiration to many.

Cindy!!!

I don't know why I'm surprise you're here, Duh. I would have told you before posting it publically. I just thought I'd call and boom I have an appointment for Monday. OMG.

Girl, you are well, WELL on your way. You are just dropping pounds left and right. You are an inspiration yourself.

Thanks for the invite to the support group. I'm just amazed I had time to go.

And where's your ticker. You need to brag, chica.