Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Protein drink, Jello, popsicles, yogart, Soup repeat!!!! Yikes another 10 days .... come on mushies!

I so remember how ready I was for something to chew on. One thing I tried was I took a small Wendy's chili and pureed it in my blender and it was so good - go the taste of the meat in my mouth and it really satisfied.

Hang in there! I'm on liquids today and tomorrow so I'll be your partner for these few days, then mushies, then back up to food but we'll see how I did since I got a good fill amount today.

Glad to hear your fill went well Kathy! 2 more cc's is great! I am going to ask about seeing Dr Miller if I can't get a 6 week appt with Dr Choban.

Hello!!!! I can't believe how big this Thread has got it took me two days to read all of you guys post, (I must check in more often.) I have been so busy that by the time I have time to check in I just go right up stairs and go to bed. But I thought I would drop in and give an update since it has been one year as of yesterday (7/23) that I had my Surgery with Dr. Choban. I have lost 75 pounds, and have 25 more to go.......due to not exercising and not eating right at times has slowed my weight loss down a lot!!! But I am back focus and exercising and eating right every day. So before long I will post a picture:laugh:. I have not had any regrets about having the Lapband surgery.

Angie it wont be much longer before you have your RNY, every one and thing has its own seasoning and yours is about here. I believe that at times God puts a pace car in your life to get you where you need to be at the right time, it is not us who decides but God, just think if you could have been Banded at the Barix clinic instead of being at Mt. Carmel meeting with Dr. Price and him giving you the Ok to have the RNY. By the way every one remember the next time you are driving and there is that slow car in front of you and you just can't get around him...... God might have him there just to slow you up so your not at the wrong place at the wrong time:biggrin2:. Ok I'm going to bed now but it was nice catching up on every thing that has been going on. I will start checking in more often. Maybe I will be free in Aug. to join you guys at the mall.....I love :wub:shopping. specially know that I can shop just about any where to buy my clothes, now that there feels GREAT!!!!

Lady QT -- Congratulations on a wonderful accomplishment in your life to get healthy... and being able to shop in whatever stores you want is a great bonus! Keep moving and you'll get those last pounds off.

Lyn -- how is the last days of pureed going? I'm back up to some real food again today after going soft and mushie foods yesterday fine. So far I don't see alot of difference in restriction but I'm not eating full food yet and I'm eating very small bites and chewing very well just to be sure so we'll see and I think it takes a week or so for me to really see how a fill is going to settle in.

The Wendy's chili idea sounds great. I will try it. I am leaving for Florida with my daught and her family and my son and his family in the morning. I am nevous. I am 10 days post op feel great and have lost 13 pounds. I don't want to loss my momentum.

I will have my laptop so I will stay motivated by the groups encouragement.

199/184/130

:thumbup::lol::crying::lol:

I have a date finally! Aug. 27th. I have pre-op testing Aug. 5th and then see Dr. Miller on Aug. 14th.

things are kinda on the slow side for me although I am feeling a ginormous amount of restriction these last couple of days. does anyone feel more restriction around "that time of the month"? I have had about 3 major stuck issues in the last 2 days. who would of thought .5cc would make such a difference. Now I'm just ready for the scales to show it!

Lyn- Have fun in florida it will be a great get-away

special K- hope that fill kicks in

Nikki- hang in there

everyone- Keep up the good work!!!

:tt2::lol::lol::lol:

I have a date finally! Aug. 27th. I have pre-op testing Aug. 5th and then see Dr. Miller on Aug. 14th.

I'm doing the happy dance for you!!! :thumbup::tt1::tt1:

Okay folks I would say this fill still hasn't taken me to my ultimate sweet spot because I was still able to eat 3 oz of steak, half a potato and maybe less than 1/2 of my salad at lunch then 6 hours later finished the other 3 oz of my steak and the other half of the potato. Eating very slowly and being very full with the 1/2 of the meal but still surprised I could eat that much before getting my signal to stop. I did have a little NSV over this though... my Mom and I were out eating together and she is always the last one done eating and it was so funny to see her eat a dinner roll, polish off her salad, and eat most of her 10 oz ribeye steak and sweet potato when I ate what is listed before this. In the past, I would have had the bigger steak and been finished way ahead of her. I ordered the smallest size steak (6 oz) and was surprised to see I could only eat half of that.

No big deal! I was so afraid I would not be able to handle vacation and band"age", it is OK. Stayed on my liquids (yogart. adkins advantage, apple sauce, and for dinner we went to PF Changs.. got the hot sour soup!! Yummy in my tummy.

There are no working scales in he condo, but I am going to venture ouver to the workout facility and spend some time on the tredmill and hopefully weigh in. (A new obsession) I use to never get on the scales. Now I hop on 3 times a day, because I am s amazed to see those numbers.

I move to mushies on Wednesday and am nervous and excited. Yes I want food, but I don't want to stop the progress. I know I cant expect to loss 12 pounds in a week like last week; but it was so encouraging!

Off to the beach with my grandchildren and Adkin's Advantage! (Their little skinny butts are having Peanut Butter and Jelly and a juice box!)

Hey when you lost weight where did you see it first? Face, boobs?:)

All Right TM !!!! You're are on your way..finally!!! I am sooo happy for you!! :biggrin:

SpecialK...you are doing great! :)

lynlynkr.....Both!:mad2::laugh:

Thanks Kathy and Sue. I cant wait to finally be on the losers bench with you.

Lynn~ I know from past experience I could tell in my face first. (I worry about my boobs, they are to small already :thumbup:)

Lady~ its great to hear from you. You are right on with why I had to wait. I know that in my spirit, but you know the head takes over and tries to run things :lol:. I have learned so much from this journey already.

Angie--Yah! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear all the details of your journey! oh, and my face is where I see the most difference, by far. I am not sure about anyone else, but the weight is coming off much differently this time. I was in a much smaller size clothes the last time I weighted this much...oh well, at least the scales are moving in the right direction!

Kathy--I think 3 oz of steak, 1/2 of a salad and 1/2 of a potato is pretty close to your sweet spot! That can not be much more than a cup of food, and I wouldn't think you would want to eat much less than that! Woot for the NSV, too!

Lyn--Glad to hear you are having such a great vacation! Good luck on Wednesday! Mushies will taste better than you can imagine!

HI Everyone-

Looks like everyone is having great progress on the weight loss efforts. I am doing great! I am happy to say that I am no longer shopping in the women's section. I am happily finding clothes that fit in the misses department. Macy's had a great sale this weekend!!

I have a question for those that have flown- I am heading on vacation in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone felt restriction after your flight? I have heard that it happens. Also, I am going to the Dominican Republic and the flight is about 4 hours long and by the time we get to the resort it will be another 2 hours. I am worried about getting hungry and needing Water constantly. I was going to call the airport to see if I can explain my situation and ask if I could pack a cooler of Snacks and water. They do allow this for babies. What do you think?

Thanks for your help everyone. I am just a little nervous about heading to another country and having complications. I know that it will all be fine, but it is better to be safe than sorry.