Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there anyone in MI out there?

Hi, I am also a Michigan bandster. Dr. Deol put my band in September 22nd of last year. I've lost about 80 lbs since surgery! She is a wonderful surgeon and the staff at Troy Beaumont is amazing. It was the easiest surgery I've ever had!

:banana

Nice to meet you! You've done great!!! I hope I do as well as you.....I was banded on 9/24/04, so not even a month yet....but feeling great and starting slowly on "real" foods.....any tips???

Nancy*

:)

when I started eating "real" food I was so careful. I had read so much about different problems people had and I was so afraid to do anything that would hurt my band. But I haven't had any problems so far!

My biggest problem in the beginning was getting all of my Water in, and my weight loss was slow because I wasn't doing it. But since I've been drinking my Water everyday I've been losing like crazy! I hadn't been weighing myself because I was afraid I wasn't losing weight, but then my clothes started falling off me and I figured I better see how much I had lost!

HI EVERYONE!

I am here in Michigan too -having my surgery on the 26th of Oct.

There is a support group on Wed at Dr. Hawasali's office 6-7:30 of bansters if you're interested he is at 10 and Little Mack in St. Clair Shores-just an FYI for those who want to know- I live in Shelby Twp. so lets all keep chatting--

Hey Michelle, do you know if the support group is just for Dr. H's patients? I missed my Doc's group, and St Clair Shores is not far away! Do you have his #? Thanks!

Debra,

I don't know if Michelle got back to you so I'm forwarding the phone number for you. Ask for Debbie...if she is there she knows more about the support group then some of the other girls.

586-774-8811

I hope they allow it to be opened up. Never can get enough support. If you make it there we'll see you tonight.

Good luck

Greg

Guest bish

Hi!

I live in Clinton Twp -- near Lakeside Mall. I get banded Monday. How are you doing this far?

Hi Nancy...I'm in Warren, Michigan. Pretty new to all this but doing great so far!!! Not sure how to tell when I need a fill.....Dr. is going to ask me if I think I need one on Nov. 8......how do I know? or will I just know???

Keep up the good work!!

Nancy*

Nancy,

Thank you. It will feel good when I get to that goal.( Since I won't be seeing any goals in hockey) I have set small goals so far and have been able to meet then. But made up my mind not to get frustrated if I don't. That was always my down fall in the past.

Greg

Hi! I am from Elk Rapids, Michigan just north of Traverse City. I was banded on Nov 8th, so I am just 2 weeks out. I went to Port Huron Hospital. Dr. Boutt did my procedure. Iam doing good. Iam finding I am getting hungry!!! Any suggestions?

Janine

Hi,

Just wanted to see who has been banded in MI. I am Nancy, banded on 8/09/04 by Dr. Deol.........anyone else out there?

I live in the small community of Armada, just northeast of Romeo, 20 miles north of Mount Clemens...hope to hear from you soon.

Nancy

Whoa, Janine, you're up in God's Country ain't ya, ya lucky thing! I was banded just eight days after you by Dr. Cudjoe, here in alma (the Middle of the Mitten, only another Michigander would understand that, eh?

I'm getting hungry, too, but I'm only on Clear liquids, I plan on eating puddings and pureed Soups when I get to the next step. My dietician also suggested thin cream of wheat, cream of rice, etc.

One good thing I've found is hot broth, and hot herbal teas. Something warm seems to keep the hungries away longer. Tonight I ate a two ounce cup of Jello and felt stuffed, musta ate it too fast.

Good luck. You'll get past the hungries, and just start reading all the old posts here, there's a ton of info in this place, and something else, here you will find the greatest people in the world.

These guys are there for you whether good or bad. They can share a laugh as easily as dry a tear, sometimes both at once. You've stumbled on to an oasis of caring and sharing, your luck is definitely changing for the good. They share and do so with all their hearts.

Sometimes logging on to this place is the best part of my day.

Good luck, you'll win this battle because, you can do it. You....Can....Do.....It.

Guest misskitty

I live in Clinton Township and was banded May 18 of this year and I've lost 98 pounds I hope to hear from you and I hope all is well with you

Hey MissKitty! Wow, that's sure impressive weight loss! I'm so proud of you, and so happy for you too. Please come a post and tell us all about yourself. I know some of us could use the inspiration. There's the Introductions folder where you can tell us more of your story.

I'm new to the land of the banded, only a little over a week out. But since I started this whole journey I've lost 31 lbs, and it sure feels good to be off the pain pills for my joints, and the diabetes pills. And getting a good nights sleep is part of the benefits I'm reaping.

Good luck to you, you're a wonderful example and we can always use one of those. You'll find a caring group of individuals here who are unafraid to share anything, but beware, many of us can't let a day go by without checking on our friends here. I know I can't.