Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have mine set at 800 too, but im over for the last week or so...I know some people who are only out a month eating this amt...I lost 4 lbs this week, more than ive lost in a week since wk one!

I have mine set at 800 too' date=' but im over for the last week or so...I know some people who are only out a month eating this amt...I lost 4 lbs this week, more than ive lost in a week since wk one![/quote']

I'm not losing hardly at all. Very depressing. I read about stalls but I've been in the same 2/3 lb area for a month now! :( I don't know how to get it moving again.

I'm usually between 750-850. My goal is to keep it under 850, but I've had a couple 1000 cal days. My nut recommends 600-800, but I figure making my Protein numbers trumps that.

I eat about 800-1,000 in a day. I usually get around 90-100 grams of Protein in and I'm STILL not losing. I've been stalled for almost a month! It's so scary! I track everything that goes in to my mouth! So depressing. It seems like inches are coming off though because I've dropped 2 pants sizes this month, but have lost nothing...

I'm not losing hardly at all. Very depressing. I read about stalls but I've been in the same 2/3 lb area for a month now! :( I don't know how to get it moving again.

are you getting enough Protein?

are you getting enough Protein?

Not bad on Protein. Usually 50-60 a day? That includes powders. I stopped using MFP here lately. I need to start back ...badly. I just logged today and it was over 1100 calories! ! 57 on the protein. But, I also ate a Brownie. :(

I'll start logging again tomorrow. :)

Not bad on Protein. Usually 50-60 a day? That includes powders. I stopped using MFP here lately. I need to start back ...badly. I just logged today and it was over 1100 calories! ! 57 on the protein. But, I also ate a Brownie. :(

Not bad on protein. Usually 50-60 a day? That includes powders. I stopped using MFP here lately. I need to start back ...badly. I just logged today and it was over 1100 calories! ! 57 on the protein. But, I also ate a Brownie. :(

we will encourage each other, I think you are just at a stall...your not doing bad at all...

I eat about 800-1' date='000 in a day. I usually get around 90-100 grams of Protein in and I'm STILL not losing. I've been stalled for almost a month! It's so scary! I track everything that goes in to my mouth! So depressing. It seems like inches are coming off though because I've dropped 2 pants sizes this month, but have lost nothing...[/quote']

Are you tracking calories on program? Have you checked your daily sugar content and what about Water intake? Are you going to bathroom - pooping? If you do all of this and still stall -do a all liquids for 2 or 3 days. It Works!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Are you tracking calories on program? Have you checked your daily sugar content and what about Water intake? Are you going to bathroom - pooping? If you do all of this and still stall -do a all liquids for 2 or 3 days. It Works!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Interesting ...may need to try that too!

I average daily between 500-1000 cals. I have no interest in starving myself and end up in an never ending circle of stalls.

Thankfully, MFP keeps me in control and conscious of my choices.

Particularly at this stage' date=' focus on meeting your Protein requirements to heal your body and provide stamina. If you do that, the calories will take care of themselves.[/quote']

I also focus on Protein only. I use a food log which tracks my protein but it also shows calories so I'm generally aware of calorie intake but not ruled by it. Most days I'm between 700 and 850 calories. I shoot for a minimum of 60gr protein - if I don't reach it by the end of the day I drink a Protein shake in the evening and that usually boosts me over the top. Lately my protein intake has been enough from food to skip the extra shake. I make everything I eat count. If it doesn't contain protein, I don't eat it. I don't indulge in foods that don't meet my protein needs - I eat too little to bother with food that doesn't help me meet goals. My labs are perfect and I feel great so I know it's working for me. :-)

I also focus on Protein only. I use a food log which tracks my Protein but it also shows calories so I'm generally aware of calorie intake but not ruled by it. Most days I'm between 700 and 850 calories. I shoot for a minimum of 60gr protein - if I don't reach it by the end of the day I drink a protein shake in the evening and that usually boosts me over the top. Lately my protein intake has been enough from food to skip the extra shake. I make everything I eat count. If it doesn't contain protein' date=' I don't eat it. I don't indulge in foods that don't meet my protein needs - I eat too little to bother with food that doesn't help me meet goals. My labs are perfect and I feel great so I know it's working for me. :-)[/quote']

Also noting that sugar intake is kept at a bare minimum. I don't want to dump. Sugar is addicting to me - and it makes me want more so it's best for me to avoid it.

Why are you concerned about how many calories - be concerned about making healthy choices' date=' drinking your fluids and taking your Vitamins. I try to get three meals a day in and do everything I can to take all my Vitamins. If I do not carry my pill container with me - I will miss some vitamins. I also try to treat myself each evening with a sugarfree popscile.[/quote']

Some of us are given calorie guidelines by our program. To many, calories are considered as important in the overall equation as the Water, Protein, and exercise.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198

Thank you everyone. I use MFP mainly to track my Protein and I am getting between 800-1000 calories a day. Some days I do go over 1000 but it doesn't happen often. I just want to make sure I am doing things right because it's too easy to fall back into bad habits and choices.

Surgery: 8/13/13 HW 319 SW 287 CW 251

I guess I did not understand that MFP = My Fitness Pal - I use it almost daily that is how I know how much Water, Protein and calories I take in. I am very happy with the decision I made to have Gastric Bypass, I love that my clothes continue to hang off of me instead of being too tight. I love that my joints no longer hurt - I was a sugar and fast food addict. I appreciate this group - I am not sure if I would understand near as much without this on-line group - thank you for all the information!