Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why are you concerned about how many calories - be concerned about making healthy choices, drinking your fluids and taking your Vitamins.

I try to get three meals a day in and do everything I can to take all my Vitamins. If I do not carry my pill container with me - I will miss some vitamins.

I also try to treat myself each evening with a sugarfree popscile.

Tara good question.. I think we have to be concern of everything that goes with our diet :) but in my case Im not counting calories rigth now ill be 4 weeks post op on the 26. I do count my Protein and liquids :) most important at my stage and the Vitamins :)

I am about the same as you, surg.. aug 1st...I do MFP, and I am averaging about 1000 cal a day, actually since i upped my calories i have started losing more wt...I used to hate logging, but now that i have commited myself, i enjoy it, and there is no guessing if i ate the wrong thing or too much...

How do you get 1,000 cal a day in? I am lucky if I get 400 a day in.

Particularly at this stage, focus on meeting your Protein requirements to heal your body and provide stamina. If you do that, the calories will take care of themselves.

How do you get 1,000 cal a day in? I am lucky if I get 400 a day in.

really, when was your surgery, i have no problems and most of the people on MFP are about the same, so, I dont know...

Okay maybe I do not understand MFP. My surgery was September 4th and I have an elastic ring at the top of my stomach - will help with not eating more than 3 oz at a time. Even if I drink two Protein Drinks a day 320 calories and sausage & eggs 70 calories - that is 390 calories - pretty typical for me.

I was told not to worry about calories and just to focus on Water and Protein. I average about 600 or 700 a day though. I am 6 months out.

Okay maybe I do not understand MFP. My surgery was September 4th and I have an elastic ring at the top of my stomach - will help with not eating more than 3 oz at a time. Even if I drink two Protein drinks a day 320 calories and sausage & eggs 70 calories - that is 390 calories - pretty typical for me.

My doctor wants the shakes to be like Snacks in between meals. I eat three meals and have 2 shakes daily. Trying to do without the shakes but dont hit my Protein then since I cant eat much. Dr is ok as long as I am getting some protein from food.

I was told not to worry about calories and just to focus on Water and Protein. I average about 600 or 700 a day though. I am 6 months out.

I'm about five weeks out, and I do as you do focus on water and protein an average about the same as you do. Do try to eat somethings, but just can't figure out how to work it all in.

Okay maybe I do not understand MFP. My surgery was September 4th and I have an elastic ring at the top of my stomach - will help with not eating more than 3 oz at a time. Even if I drink two Protein drinks a day 320 calories and sausage & eggs 70 calories - that is 390 calories - pretty typical for me.

Okay maybe I do not understand MFP. My surgery was September 4th and I have an elastic ring at the top of my stomach - will help with not eating more than 3 oz at a time. Even if I drink two protein drinks a day 320 calories and sausage & eggs 70 calories - that is 390 calories - pretty typical for me.

I dont have a ring, just heard about it about a week ago for the first time, i guess that is what make a differnece in the calories...some days i get 1000 in and other days maybe 600-700, it varies but since i upped my calories as my NUT said to do, the wt is coming off..it was soooo sloooow before that...

When I was 1 to 6 months, I barely got about 400 to 500 calories a day. It jumped when I got to 8 months, I started eating about 600 to 800 calories. I'm a 1 1/2 out and I eat about 1,000 calories a day.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

wow...i have not prob with 1000. that kinda scares me now....

wow...i have not prob with 1000. that kinda scares me now....

No...I can eat 1000 easy. MFP us set at 800 but I go over often enough. I guess it just depends on the type of food! If its something that sticks around longer, but lower in calories ...you'd do better than high calorie foods that don't keep you full.