Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a buddy around southeast texas area?

Right now I just walk because that is all that I'm allowed until six weeks out! I usually walk with a friend after work but I haven't started that yet! My surgeon was dr Primomo with the Davis Clinic in Houston! Reop weight 293 cw is 262 and I would like to weigh around 135 to 145 so I have a long way to go! I am 47 yrs old and I have two girls one is a RN and married the other is 20 and in college four hrs away! Tell me some more about yourself!

Hmm. Where to start. I had surgery on 3/26/12 and was 293. Right now I am around 224 but have had many setbacks and have been off track. I am 41 and I have three boys ages 15, 20 and 22. I also have my 4 year old granddaughter full time since my oldest son moved back in and is going through a divorce. I was going to the YMCA but now am getting no exercise at all so needless to say the losing has stopped. I have gotten back I to snacking habits instead of meals and I am working in changing my bad habits. So far this week I have stuck to my plan but still need to get in some exercise some how. That is my goal for next week Stay in track and add exercise. I am 5'6" and would like to reach somewhere at , around or under 150 lol. No hard number set right now. M next goal is to get into onederland.

Did you have the gastric bypass or sleeve? I am glad you are in your 40s that makes us more in the same page than if you were a whole lot younger! How did you get off track with your eating I can't eat too much right now!

Did you have the gastric bypass or sleeve? I am glad you are in your 40s that makes us more in the same page than if you were a whole lot younger! How did you get off track with your eating I can't eat too much right now!

I had the sleeve done. How about you? I was too scared to go the bypass route. It is so hard to talk to the young ones sometimes because it really is a whole different situation in your 40s than 20s I got off track originally when we went in a cruise and I started sampling food between my meals. Then one thing led to another and when I lost my mom in September it sent me to the point that I was so preoccupied with everything going on (my dad Has Lou gherigs disease also and they love in Ohio) and I had to travel to Ohio and stay for two months and I really let all my needs be put on a back burner. My mom and I were very close and I have hard time with grieving and I find comfort in food without thinking.

I had the sleeve done. How about you? I was too scared to go the bypass route. It is so hard to talk to the young ones sometimes because it really is a whole different situation in your 40s than 20s I got off track originally when we went in a cruise and I started sampling food between my meals. Then one thing led to another and when I lost my mom in September it sent me to the point that I was so preoccupied with everything going on (my dad Has Lou gherigs disease also and they love in Ohio) and I had to travel to Ohio and stay for two months and I really let all my needs be put on a back burner. My mom and I were very close and I have hard time with grieving and I find comfort in food without thinking.
oh and also I forgot to mention. I can't eat much either but I can eat frequently. And all the wrong food choices. I take complete blame for that. There are so many other things that have happened this past year and it all built up and I just didn't care anymore. I am ready to start fresh for 2014.

I am sorry to hear about your mom and dad! I was insulin dependent diabetic and on blood pressure meds high cholesterol etc ! I had the bypass for those reasons and I also had what I thought was a polyp in my stomach and we took that out but it turned out to be a stromal tumor that could turn into cancer! I only have my pouch left . I am praise The Lord on no medications at this time so I made the right choice. Also I had problems with reflux so the sleeve would have made it worse.

I am sorry to hear about your mom and dad! I was insulin dependent diabetic and on blood pressure meds high cholesterol etc ! I had the bypass for those reasons and I also had what I thought was a polyp in my stomach and we took that out but it turned out to be a stromal tumor that could turn into cancer! I only have my pouch left . I am praise The Lord on no medications at this time so I made the right choice. Also I had problems with reflux so the sleeve would have made it worse.

It really sounds like this surgery was meant to be for you. Right timing You are very fortunate I have been very lucky with mine as well I had a very fast recovery with no complications. I do still take nexium every day as well to prevent reflux but I have never had a problem. I think my doc kept me in it to prevent any issues. I don't mind. That's amazing that you were able to get off all our meds so quickly. I was fortunate not to have the co-morbidities but I was well on my way. All my tears were borderline before surgery. I was teetering between needing meds and not needing meds for blood pressure and sugar.