Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bowel issues are near and dear to my heart. I now take three Colace a day and this week I am not having any problems. I am also eating 1/2 container a day of no sugar added applesauce. I was told not to eat the applesauce by my nut ironist but it appears that this combination is working. When I have a movement I want to tell everyone!

Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 269 RYN 238, this week 203

I've added flax into my diet and it really seems to help. I have been taking flaxseed oil as well as buy the whole flax which is pretty good and has a very mild nutty flavor. I sprinkle on my yogurt.

I think my bowel issues are over - I take one Colace three times a day and eat applesauce every other day. Not sure what does it - but I am thankful regardless. The applesauce makes me sick to my tummy for about 30 minutes - more than likely too much sugar - 11 grams for the unsweetened.

Donna I haven't tried Colace. I'm assuming it's just over the counter? I'm happy to hear you're feeling better! Constipation is incredibly painful! :/

My issues are better the past couple of weeks.... am taking 3 colace every night before bed and also chewing 3 of the Fiber Choice chewables. I still struggle a bit when going but if I take my time in there I can usually get decent relief with minimal straining. I have a bottle of Miralax too so if I have a difficult time I mix up a cup of that with juice and all seems to be fine. I think I may have finally gotten into a decent routine with this!

I don't have they bypass but the sleeve....I also take a probiotic and it works wonders. My NUT and surgical team said if I'm having issues to try it. And lordy its a beautiful thing :) Good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches