Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have Constipation? I only go twice a week. I take one collace daily but that does not seem to do the trick. I am 6 weeks out and only eating Protein and my many Vitamins including Iron. Any suggestions?

Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 259 RYN 238, this week 209

I use Benafiber, sugar free, orange flavored mixed with Water or with a packet of sf orange crush, it also comes in unflavored and you can mix it with crystal lite. This was suggested with the lapband and also by my surgeons office for bypass. Because we are consuming Protein and not much, if any, Fiber is what helps the bowels to move along with lots of Fluid. Collace is a stool softner and if you aren't eating veggies, just protein, there isn't much to soften, so you body needs fiber. That is just a suggestion and how it was explained to me.

Thank you anything has to be better than what I am doing.

I use dulcolax, softener is not enough for me, i need a stimulant as well... :ph34r:

I take a probiotic and a stool softener tablet every day. Could not stand the Constipation.< /p>

I need to change something, I will go to the store for fiber, so I do not end up with this problem again. I am miserable my wonderful hubby is trying to help and be supportive.

I am miserable too. I take 2 colace a day but it's not doing squat! I only go about 2 times a week too and it's miserable every time. I take Miralax when it's been a couple days and that helps. Need to take some fiber supplements.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

You definitely need Miralax combined with a stool softener. Fiber won't be enough this close out. Use both the colace and add Miralax but don't use them AND a combo softener/stimulant.

This is one of the worst days I have had since my surgery. Barely ate today and did not drink more than ten ounces. I know tomorrow will be better. I never want another day like today. It is a holiday for me tomorrow thank goodness or I would be calling in sick. I truly hope fiber will take care of my problem. I am going to call the nut and see what they say.

Does anyone have Constipation? I only go twice a week. I take one collace daily but that does not seem to do the trick. I am 6 weeks out and only eating Protein and my many Vitamins including Iron. Any suggestions? Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 259 RYN 238' date=' this week 209[/quote'] Hi! I am 15 mos post surgery and suffer from awful constipation! There were times I would lay on the floor, in the bathroom and cry! I swear I have a hemorrhoid or two from the straining. I would go 8-9 days without having a BM. Then at one of my support meetings someone told me about Miralax. I confirmed with my dr that it's fine to take and non-addicting. I put it in my hot tea in the morning and at night. It works great! No more constipation for this girl. I hope it does the trick for you. Constipation is the worst thing!! Good luck! :) HW 268, CW 131, DOS 7/18/12

Another Sunday of being so constipated that I want to scream, cry, and stomp my feet. I will try almost anything. I have been drinking my liquids, taking two Fiber pills a day and two collace. To be very honest my butt hurts! I finally got relief, I will try the miralax.

Surgery date 9/4/2013 HW 269 RYN 238, this week 209

Doctor said to take one Colace three times a day, if after the third day no movement, drink 1/2 bottle of that wonderful stuff we drank before surgery. And of course, increase liquids - I usually drink between 55 and 60 ounces a day. Anything to prevent a repeat of Sunday... :blink:

Add a probiotic as well. Bariatric Advantage makes a good quality one and it's not too expensive either.

I use dulcolax' date=' softener is not enough for me, i need a stimulant as well... :ph34r: [/quote']

Does it give you those horrific gas pains when it's starting to work?

Does it give you those horrific gas pains when it's starting to work?

Not for me and i take four at a time...try the smallest dose and work up to what works for you...Its the only thing that works for me.... :)