Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you order at restaurants after weight loss surgery?

What do you order at restaurants after weight loss surgery?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you order at restaurants after weight loss surgery?

• I look for any menu item with some sort of lean protein and plan to eat only the protein (for example, I only eat the turkey and leave the bun if I get a turkey burger).
    • I ask the server if I can have some grilled chicken and steamed vegetables.
    • I order whatever looks good and plan to just eat a couple of bites. You might as well take advantage of the restaurant’s good cooking!
    • I bring my own food so I can enjoy spending time with everyone else while they eat the restaurant’s food.
    • I don’t go to restaurants anymore. There’s nothing I can eat with my weight loss surgery.

Restaurants often serve high-calorie, high-carb, high-fat foods that fit into your weight loss surgery diet very well.

What do you do when you are figuring out what to order at a restaurant?

Mark your answer and share your own suggestions in the discussion below!

A safe bet for me is shrimp cocktail, a cup of clam chowder or other Soup, or maybe chili. At Chili's I ordered a guacamole burger w/no bread. The guacamole helps keep the ground beef from being too dry and I can get two meals out of it. At a Mexican place we went to for lunch one day I had a burrito plate - burrito ingredients of your choice minus the tortilla. Mexican places always have healthy Beans and veggies. I have ordered grilled fish and sweet potato. In a pinch I'll get Wendy's chili. At Dunkin Donuts I get an egg white wake-up wrap. At any place that serves Breakfast I can get a scrambled egg w/grilled veggies, ham, and/or cheese, or a slice of quiche. So many easy, healthy choices. Anyone can find something they can tolerate that fits their dietary needs in almost any resturaunt out there. Sometimes the portion is too big but I take the leftovers home and I can get another meal or two out of it. :-)

I usually look for a green salad with grilled chicken...I dont eat any seafood, so chicken or turkey with salad or veggies..try not to eat any carbs, but i have a weakness for sweet potato fries, minus the honey...lol

None of the above....sometimes I'll order a meal that has good Protein, but I don't ban myself from eating other things. I'm usually more focused on trying to find something that won't make me sick. If I can't find anything, I take the safe route and get a salad.< /p>

I focus on the Protein offered. I tell the waitress/waiter that we do not want any bread. We are working on eating paleo diet so everything is very basic....I love grilled fish, shrimp, crab, lobster, steak, chicken. No potatos usually instead fruit......I try to avoid processed foods........ :P

I carry my fitness pal with me. I always ask for a takeout container and I portion out what I know I can eat safely..$ k

One thing that my sister does when our family goes to Olive Garden is order a chicken Ceaser salad but sub the chicken for Salmon. I tried it and it's delicious.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches