Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

frustrated at 9 months...need motivation

I am so weak. I said to myself I am going to go back to basic an start the liquids and mushy then soft. I get motivated at night thinking and then when morning comes it's back to failure because I get so hungry especially at night. I just had two long crackers and a half with a lot of Nutella just not and now I'm going to bed. I need to seriously so something but I can't control I am thinking about food every second of the day. I was never like this. This is getting out of control and I can't control myself. I go crazy for junk and that's what I eat all day. How can one change there mind and take charge? Because I sure can't. I want to but I can't. And I am struggling with that big time. :(

You can't control being hungry, but you can control what you snack on. Don't keep "bad" items in your house if at all possible. None of us got fat on fruit, granted it does not comfort us like chocolate, but if you're hungry eat. But eat wisely. You can control that.

Break things down to what is and what isn't in your control and focus on the little changes you can make that will get you on your way.

You took a huge step getting sleeved, I believe you have the strength to start small and those small changes will make for better habits overall. I'm so glad you posted and equally sorry you are struggling. We're here to help.

One day at a time.

You can't control being hungry' date=' but you can control what you snack on. Don't keep "bad" items in your house if at all possible. None of us got fat on fruit, granted it does not comfort us like chocolate, but if you're hungry eat. But eat wisely. You can control that.

Break things down to what is and what isn't in your control and focus on the little changes you can make that will get you on your way.

You took a huge step getting sleeved, I believe you have the strength to start small and those small changes will make for better habits overall. I'm so glad you posted and equally sorry you are struggling. We're here to help.

One day at a time.[/quote']

Yes your right I have to make small changes. The thing is I live with my parents and brothers and I tell them do not bring anything bad in this house but they still do. They hide it but I still find them. I'm like a hawk I find everything and go crazy for it lol. Thank you I appreciate your words and your help. God Bless

Maybe instead of going back to the mushy stage' date=' you could try going back to a major Protein phase. Buy good stuff.... steak, deviled eggs, good cheese, rotessiry chicken, crab legs, shrimp, ribs, etc., then add some of your favorite vegetables to the mix. Think about what you can eat, not what you have to stop eating. I'm not an expert, but this is something to try.

I have to confess, I am a bit of a carb nazi and don't count calories or track my food. I just try to do Protein and eat whenever I want so I never feel deprived..... Well at least not until tonight when my family wouldn't share their Halloween candy.[/quote']

I'm gonna start doing that thank you. And omg last night if I told you how much chocolate I ate il be surprised I don't have diabetes right now.

Thank you for your help and respond God Bless you

My depression and anxiety got worse too I found a psychiatrist that takes my insurance and was able to get some help and adjust my medication .

Some medications (I'm not suggesting that you stop taking your meds) can make you constantly want to eat. There are many doctors that work on a sliding scale (they charge depending on your income). Try checking different hospitals' date=' they may be able to get you some free help . The fact that you are writing about it means you are ready for help. That's a great start. Best of luck to you.[/quote']

Aww it really is annoying going through this right? Wish you get better. And thank you I'm going to check the hospital out. Thank you Hun God Bless

Hey there, I'm just a month ahead of you and can understand the frustration. I copied this months ago from another poster, gmanbat, knowing one day I would need to refer back to it. "You have beaten the greater part of your enemy. It's on the ropes. Kill it. Go over your battle tactics one at a time, cover all the bases. Water, Protein first, exercise, Vitamins, Fiber, sleep, no browsing, and whatever you use in your fight. Accept no excuses, show no mercy, don't lie to yourself. You can take it to the goal and beyond, it is in you. Grab it. Get mad, get mean. Win. " The best part is you know exactly what you need to do, you just need to re-focus your desire to meet your goal. You have come this far. Go for it. Thanks Gmanbat! Good luck.

I'm just reading this again tonight and I think I should print it out and post it around my house. I will add my mantra, which is "I'm frustrated but not defeated! I may not win every battle, but I will win the war and be victorious!!"