Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Have Been Your Experience?

Ok, I am becoming increasingly discouraged by the results, or lack thereof, since having this band.

I have lost appx 10 lbs and not budging. I've had 1 fill a month ago of 2.25 cc in a 4 cc band. Initially I was pretty tight, but now that's just worn off. Let me say this first and foremost, I have not been getting the recommended Protein, but recently (yesterday) saw where someone posted a website and I ordered several supplements with 40-60 grams of Protein per serving. I will give that a chance, then you will definitely be hearing from me again.

I would love to hear from others who have struggled in the beginning, only to succeed later (3 months and minimal results is pretty discouraging).

Have you spoke with your Dr. about another fill? I didn't get much out of my first fill. It did make me slow down my eating a bit. I had apparently slipped back into some bad habits, and was eating too fast. But I could still eat too much. So one month after my first fill, I had a second, and it was a small amount...1/2 cc., but with it came great restriction, my weight started dropping again, and it worked great! That was over 7 months ago. Now like Jack, I am on a plateau. I do not want to get another fill, I still feel like I have fair restriction---I just need to watch my food a little better. But even though the numbers on my scale are not changing, the body fat percentage numbers, and the inches are dropping...now where they are all going I don't know but the scale is stuck!!! It will get to moving again---as soon as I do!

Check with your Dr. Having the band, and not working with the fill level is like driving a car, and not adding gas----it is going to stall!

Hope you figure it out! Good Luck!

Kat

I am not losing, either. Since the initial 13 lb. loss, I have not lost anymore. No fills yet, and can pretty much still eat more than I should.

I am not eating as much however, and am going to the fitness center.

I am praying after a fill, things will get better, because this is a bit discouraging.

You can look for this in your local stores, I have found the vanilla---and love it!!! I wish my local store had other flavors. I filled out a request card---we'll see!!!

http://www.a1nutritionproducts.com/b...treme_smoothie

Your body will lose rapidly at first, then slow down, as your Water weight is eliminated, and your metabolism slows down. Your body senses the injustices done to it through surgery, and holds on to everything it can to heal properly, especially since we cannot take in the foods it thinks it needs in order to heal. Eventually, as your body adjusts, and your activity level picks back up, and believe it or not, when you can eat a bit more normally, the weight will start dropping again.

Fills will help without a doubt. Keep in mind, you are healing....when you get to a point you can work your band---it will be a huge difference. Relax a bit, don't get discouraged, and focus on your health as an overall, not just your weight! Give your body what it needs to heal. Then when you are healed jump into the weight loss!

Kat

sorry the link isn't working....will see where I located it and try again. It is called VHT Extreme smoothie. It has 35 g. of Protein per can. The vanilla was excellent. They also have chocolate, mocha (made with decaf), and a praline something I wanted to try. To order them online is about $20.00 for 12.....so I would like to find singles to try first. I will look for the right link....bbl

Kat

YES!....Get your protien from BariacticEating.com. It is so yummy and ranges from 20+ to 40+ g of protien in 6 oz. of a shake. U cannot beat that and have it taste good too. With gas prices as they r, I refuse to run around from store to store looking for stuff and my friends still complain it is yucky.......This is good, comes in powders and RTD. I should be their poster child! HA HA!...Good Luck to you!

:crying: Joy

YES!....Get your protien from BariacticEating.com. It is so yummy and ranges from 20+ to 40+ g of protien in 6 oz. of a shake. U cannot beat that and have it taste good too. With gas prices as they r, I refuse to run around from store to store looking for stuff and my friends still complain it is yucky.......This is good, comes in powders and RTD. I should be their poster child! HA HA!...Good Luck to you!

:teeth_smile: Joy

Oh my goodness, bariatriceating.com is probably one of the most expensive places on the internet to buy anything. Some good places are:

Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site.

AllStarHealth.com - Vitamins and Nutritional supplements at Discounted Prices

My favorite is:

Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

Bariatriceating.com did a real job on the boards with a sleeved person (Obesityhelp.com) and they were just horrible. A nurse that works for them came on slamming a poster thinking she was their customer. Needless to say, we all started protesting them. I never bought from them anyway just because they are soooo expensive.