Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Advice Please!

I only have 14 pounds to go until my goal and am having a HARD time getting it off. I have had a TON of stress in my life in the last month that I think is keeping my weight from coming off. Not normal stress but REALLY REALLY life altering stuff. I usually stick to my Protein first and some veggies after if I can fit them in but since this has come up, I've been "allowing myself to cheat". Like have some potatoes or Pasta. I know it's NOT ok. But this is such a HUGE thing and it's really rocked my entire world and that of my children. I want to make it to goal soon. But this has really thrown me for a loop. I would appreciate anything anyone has to say. I need help to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Remember, self soothing doesn't have to be self destructive. Cut out the extras and track what you are eating. Not sure when your surgery was, but if it was less than a year ago, try cutting back to 800 calories per day. Be sure to get your fluids in too.

You can't control what else happens to you, but you can control what you eat. Make it a choice that leaves you feeling better, not worse.

Set yourself up for success by making sure you have low calorie, nutritious foods that are quick and easy to prepare on hand. Buy some low calorie drinks and use them in the evening. Buy a lip gloss and lotion and apply them when you want to snack between meals.

Add an early morning walk or an evening walk outdoors. The fresh air and movement always help me feel better and I do my best thinking on my walks.

I hope things are better for you soon.

Lynda

Remember' date=' self soothing doesn't have to be self destructive. Cut out the extras and track what you are eating. Not sure when your surgery was, but if it was less than a year ago, try cutting back to 800 calories per day. Be sure to get your fluids in too. You can't control what else happens to you, but you can control what you eat. Make it a choice that leaves you feeling better, not worse. Set yourself up for success by making sure you have low calorie, nutritious foods that are quick and easy to prepare on hand. Buy some low calorie drinks and use them in the evening. Buy a lip gloss and lotion and apply them when you want to snack between meals. Add an early morning walk or an evening walk outdoors. The fresh air and movement always help me feel better and I do my best thinking on my walks. I hope things are better for you soon. Lynda[/quote']

Great advice, Lynda!! Once we get closer to goal sometimes we "allow" ourselves to slide a little. You would be surprised how many calories you might be adding without realizing it.

You can get there. Just stress alone can slow WL. Good luck!

also, its just hard to get the last few pounds off!

I had to "mix things up" change workout routine etc...

Sorry you are in a stressful part of life right now. Its good to have a backup plan for when things like this come up... I plan Snacks first thing in the morning (for the rest of the day) This helps me to have food comfort when I need it, planned and healthy, as part of my day. I know its best to just say no, but sometimes that is really hard to do. Cut up some carrots and other veggies with hummus in the fridge, buy some SF puddings or jellos with coolwhip, and plan them into your day. Then do the hard work, counseling? Time talking with friends, journaling, reading self help, getting the information you need in the situation you are in.... Exercise, fresh air, nature, a good book.....one day at a time. Do keep track of what you are eating... even if you don't like what you see on the list. Best of luck!