Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, that's great!! You'll probably get released on 1/1/2014, so you're right what great way to start the new year. Congratulations!

Congratz!!!

CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see you on the loser's bench!

This site has been so helpful and I'm very appreciative of everyone's support! Can't wait to be on the losers bench!

Congrats I am so happy for you,

congratulations. on your surgery date., I still don't have my date. How long did it take from the time you applied till the Insurance company approved you?

congratulations. on your surgery date.' date=' I still don't have my date. How long did it take from the time you applied till the Insurance company approved you? [/quote']

My first appt was September 13th. I had called my insurance prior just to see what the pre-requisites for regarding weight loss. They (BCBS Anthem) told me 2-4months documented weight loss attempts. Since April I had been going to Weight Watchers and I was also seeing a nutritionist. So I went in go my first appt with the paper work that vouched for that. (I'm a type A and wanted to be sure everything I could do on my end was checked off fast)

So, went to my first appt and I met with nurse practitioner, nutritionist and psych eval over the course of that 4 hour appt. The 3 meet while I watch a video about surgery and what to expect. They meet together to chat and see if I'm a good candidate for surgery. I passed with flying colors then it was time to schedule all my necessary appts. I have a very flexible work schedule, so I took first available or most appts. I needed 1 more with nurse practitioner, an appt with surgeon, 1 more with nutritionist, Upper GI, one suggested support group and 4 required psych group educational classe. Between 9/13 and now I have done all but support group and I have 2 more educational classes. They run every Wed evening and I missed on bc I was sick. But, that are super easy and I have plenty of time.

Monday 10/14 all my paper work was submitted to ins and I got the call yesterday 10/18 from surgery coordinator to set a date. So to answer your question...approved sometime within 4 days. My nurse practitioner did say I have one of the easiest ins companies to deal with. I met the requirements for Bmi no problem..... I'm 5'3 and heist weight was 289, lost 25 thru WW and nutritionist. So at my first appt I was still a bmi of 46.8.

I had asked my surgical weight loss team if I could be done late December bc of time off at work would be easiest then and the happily accommodated. I'm going thru Lahey In Burlington Ma and I have to say the whole process has been a breeze! Everyone on my "team" genuinely cares about my success. I never feel rushed in appts and I never feel like just another patient. I would highly recommend them if anyone is in MA.

So, did you already submit to your insurance?

Thanks for the response Elsnanny, I went to the seminar on Tuesday and submitted my paperwork so I am assuming they sent it over on Wednesday Oct 16th. Maybe I'll hear something in the early part of the week. I have Federal BCBS so they are fairly easy to deal with and they do cover the WLS. I have a BMI of 45 and I have severe sleep apnea, GERD, and arthritis so it should be pretty straight forward. I was just wondering how long it would take them to approve and send back to the surgeon's office. I will be cautiously optimistic and hope for some time this week. I wish I could have my surgery in December too as that is an easy time for me to take off of work. Stay tuned and hopefully all will go as planned. Janet

Thanks for the response Elsnanny' date=' I went to the seminar on Tuesday and submitted my paperwork so I am assuming they sent it over on Wednesday Oct 16th. Maybe I'll hear something in the early part of the week. I have Federal BCBS so they are fairly easy to deal with and they do cover the WLS. I have a BMI of 45 and I have severe sleep apnea, GERD, and arthritis so it should be pretty straight forward. I was just wondering how long it would take them to approve and send back to the surgeon's office. I will be cautiously optimistic and hope for some time this week. I wish I could have my surgery in December too as that is an easy time for me to take off of work. Stay tuned and hopefully all will go as planned. Janet[/quote']

Fingers crossed for you Janet! Keep me updated :)