Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the sleeve done on 9/12/13. Back in 2007 I had the lap band and had some success but after becoming pregnant I put on most of the weight I loss and still struggled with gaining weight. Now I can't help but to compare my lap band experience with the sleeve in terms of discipline and weight loss in the 1st month. In the 1st month of being banded, I loss 30lbs and was totally & completely focused on proper nutrition. Of course seeing the pounds melt away was very motivational!! So now going into my 4th week after getting the sleeve, 2 wks in, I have lost 17lbs. I'm totally in a stall, which from what I'm seeing is normal but I'm also concerned because I still dabble in junk food. I crave carbs and I was never really a carb person before. I want crackers especially, potatoes, and not that I necessarily crave chocolate, which is my fav, but I wont turn it down if its readily available. (Its halloween time so everyone at work has candy on display). I don't binge on these things, just have a couple crackers or a few pieces of chocolate. I'm really disappointed in myself and I don't want to get so down on myself that I give up and fall back into bad eating habits. Any advice, encouragement, insight??

Thanks!!

I'm still pre-op, but just wanted to say to not give up and to stop the self-sabotage! No one is forcefully putting chocolate and other junk in your mouth. I know it is easy to try and justify it now by saying its "only a little bit" but it adds up. You are only hurting yourself! Maybe talking with a professional will help you. They can help you dig deep to find what exactly is causing the cheating. You got 3/4 of your stomach removed, why go back as if it didn't happen? It's not even been a month! Best of luck xx

I had the sleeve done on 9/12/13. Back in 2007 I had the lap band and had some success but after becoming pregnant I put on most of the weight I loss and still struggled with gaining weight. Now I can't help but to compare my lap band experience with the sleeve in terms of discipline and weight loss in the 1st month. In the 1st month of being banded' date=' I loss 30lbs and was totally & completely focused on proper nutrition. Of course seeing the pounds melt away was very motivational!! So now going into my 4th week after getting the sleeve, 2 wks in, I have lost 17lbs. I'm totally in a stall, which from what I'm seeing is normal but I'm also concerned because I still dabble in junk food. I crave carbs and I was never really a carb person before. I want crackers especially, potatoes, and not that I necessarily crave chocolate, which is my fav, but I wont turn it down if its readily available. (Its halloween time so everyone at work has candy on display). I don't binge on these things, just have a couple crackers or a few pieces of chocolate. I'm really disappointed in myself and I don't want to get so down on myself that I give up and fall back into bad eating habits. Any advice, encouragement, insight??

Thanks!![/quote']

Just please be Strong just Pray about it Don't Give up i was Sleeved Sept 26 Houston TX i am here of you like to Talk i am Mary

I totally get what you are saying but crackers are better and its not like you can never have chocolate its in moderation I'm sure you just want the taste right now n that's fine just don't sit with them on your desk and next thing you know eat the whole bag now that's when you start to feel bad but I wouldn't deprive myself of it. A pc isn't a bad thing its when you consume to much of it when it become bad and that's with any foods. Now if u don't have the wheel power to walk away from just a taste stay away from it I don't want you to put the taste n flavor back n then be craving it lol chocolate I don't crave but I'm not going to go with out it my Protein Shakes are chocolate flavor lol Stay strong the holidays are coming and just enjoy life and your new sleeve xoxox

17 pounds in 2 weeks is great! I'm out a little over 2 months, and I've lost 30 pounds. I'm a slow loser :) I don't know about anyone else, but I had food "issues" preop......head hunger.....overeating.....comfort eating---I'd eat because I was happy, sad, bored---heck, I didn't need a reason. BUT I will always deal with these things.

The thought that keeps me from eating things that aren't on my post op plan is this: I've permanently modified my body, worked too hard, and come too far to sabotage myself......and always the eye on the prize.

Don't be afraid to reach out for help......local support groups for weight loss surgery are filled with experienced WLS vets that will be happy to share their success tips/tricks........and there are therapists who specialize in helping people with food issues--at the Psych Eval, the woman offered her services post op should I find I'm going back to bad habits......and if I do, I'll be calling her.

Are you eating enough? Are you reaching for them rather than your planned meals/snacks? Just something to think about....I always keep the equivalent of 2 meals with me when I leave the house so I don't have any excuses.....meanwhile, don't get down on yourself or discouraged ('cuz you're doing great!)......Most of us have probably done the same......but we need to learn why we did it so we can have a plan the next time we reach for something we shouldn't. We're here to help, too! Good Luck!

thank u sooooo much!! i really appreciate your support. i needed to hear that. today was a better day. i do believe finding support from a group would be beneficial. i too, would like to get insight on why i'm grazing and even why i have cravings for carbs(crackers). My nut told me why on my follow up visit but i can not remember!! i know i'm an emotional eater and right now in my life, i have tons of things going on. like, big deal things. i will continue on my journey taking one day at a time...1 meal at a time and trying to remain positive and focused. thanks again everyone!!! :D

17 pounds in 2 weeks is great! I'm out a little over 2 months, and I've lost 30 pounds. I'm a slow loser :) I don't know about anyone else, but I had food "issues" preop......head hunger.....overeating.....comfort eating---I'd eat because I was happy, sad, bored---heck, I didn't need a reason. BUT I will always deal with these things.

The thought that keeps me from eating things that aren't on my post op plan is this: I've permanently modified my body, worked too hard, and come too far to sabotage myself......and always the eye on the prize.

Don't be afraid to reach out for help......local support groups for weight loss surgery are filled with experienced WLS vets that will be happy to share their success tips/tricks........and there are therapists who specialize in helping people with food issues--at the Psych Eval, the woman offered her services post op should I find I'm going back to bad habits......and if I do, I'll be calling her.

Are you eating enough? Are you reaching for them rather than your planned meals/snacks? Just something to think about....I always keep the equivalent of 2 meals with me when I leave the house so I don't have any excuses.....meanwhile, don't get down on yourself or discouraged ('cuz you're doing great!)......Most of us have probably done the same......but we need to learn why we did it so we can have a plan the next time we reach for something we shouldn't. We're here to help, too! Good Luck!

yeeees!! is too have learned to carry my lunch bag with me whenever i go out!! lol. even if i'm running an errand i make sure i have a meal or 2 with me. Protein Protein protein!!