Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nj March Chat

I have major brain damge lately, the meeting is tomorrow, but I did get to read a magazine that has been in my car for over a month. I got there an hour before Abi was finished with school and discovered after pulling into the parking lot that the meeting is tomorrow. So I rolled down the windows, turned off the car and enjoyed the breeze and my family fun magazine. (it's owned by Disney and packed with cool ideas). Abi had a long day at school today, but she seemed to enjoy the new students and the teacher said she was polite and nice to everyone today. They are starting to see some of the emotional sides that we see, also they are seeing her being manipulative. I like the program and they also have a full time school that I think would be great for her. I am looking into that tomorrow. I have the name of an attourney if I need him. I know our school district will fight me (they have to pay for this place) but I also think she needs the help. Today was day 4 of at least 10 and she is already making progress. We managed to get dressed this morning without a battle and that's a first.

Kat, are you ok? How is DH tonight? I'm here if you need me. I'll PM my number to you. That goes for everyone here, if you ever need me let me know. I have free long distance and I am willing to call and talk/listen as long as needed.

Cindy, I didn't change the ticker, it died. I removed it and will replace it tonight. I am still bouncing between 159 and 163. Once I fit into anything from the Jr department, I shopped there all the time. I also found a place called platos closet that is a trendy resale shop and I get loads of stuff there. It is a huge franchise, might be worth looking into there might be one near you. I have 3 in my area, one only buys size 9 and smaller but the others both have plus size areas, they carry loads of jeans but also have some dress clothes.

I'll be back before bed time to check in. ~Mandy

Hello Y'all!

Just a short note to let you know I am alive and kicking. I am still having major pain in my back and can't sit too long at a time. I am on the computer for the first time in a few days. I have been trying to keep up with the posts here I am so far behind.

I will catch up later tonight or tomorrow.

Hi my friends!

We are good! Rick is back to work this afternoon. He would have gone in this morning, but he had to report to jury duty. He wasn't picked for the jury, so he is at work. The Dr. said most times with this type of esophageal damage, there is no rhyme nor reason as to when it will spasm and clamp down on something again. The meds should be helping soon, until then we are trying to keep to a fairly soft diet...which is challenging, with me wanting to keep the Protein a priority!!! Oh well, this is more important right now---if I have to wander in and out of onederland, or avoid it for a few more days---won't be anything new!!!

It was scary with Rick, mainly because of how horrid it went before. But he is no longer on any type of blood thinner, so the worry was much reduced. It was long and drawn out, and hard to watch him hurt for so long. The ER was packed...there had been motorcycle accidents, and kids hurt in a car wreck, and sick babies, and a drunk guy got run over----so even though he was hurting, he was breathing, and not bleeding, so he was not top priority. He was kinda funny on the versed (sp?) and the demerol they gave him for the test, he slurred his words, and tried to tell the Dr. what a "wunnerflll" woman I was!!!! The Dr. told me I should be happy, I might be shocked at some things he hears!!

Mandy---it sounds like the school is the right place for Abi---you made a good call, I know it was hard, and continues to be in many ways---but you did the right thing I think. If you think she could learn a life time of coping skills at the age she is now, I would fight the system, and get her in that school! She is young enough that she hasn't developed any scary habits trying to cope---so it seems to me, like that woman told you---catching her this young is nothing but good for all of you!

Cindy---my kinda sorta niece is a Tinkerbell fan. She has her everywhere!!! She is...my SIL's (Rick's sis), niece on her husbands side. So technically not related to me at all. But over 23 years ago, her Mom was murdered in the small town over from us, leaving her and her brother. The kids Dad thought he could maybe raise the boy since he was a boy and older, but he wasn't ready to take on the girl. So my SIL & BIL, took her in, and raised her with their 3 girls. So I always refer to her as my niece. She is a single Mom, and we just put her into the rental we fixed up. Hope it all works out, she is working 2 jobs, so we lowered the rent, and I am going to let her do my nails in exchange for the remainder of the rent.

Great job on the shirt!!! I am doing the same, my sizes are changing---just the scale isn't. I did see 200---then it went back up to 201.5---and on up to 202 again today. I have not been eating badly---but also not drinking, and I never lose weight if I don't drink right. Some day we will get there----and the scale will move too!!!!

Eileen--whats the newest on the new job? Is it official yet?

Betty--hows the back? I pruned my roses today, but they are far from ready yet. The Apricot trees are bloomed, as is the forsythia, but other than that, only a few crocus are flowered out, everything is coming up green though~~~yea!!!!

Deb---be really careful, if you can't eat, it can really start a horrible cycle---better to unfill a bit. I figured it was always better to err on the side of caution.

Beannie---how is DH? Several years ago, I got the flu...tested and confirmed---the flu. I was so sick, fever, nausea, cough, I hurt everywhere---even my aches had pains! I began what my DH thought was hallucinating, even though some of what I said made a little sense, I was slurring, he double checked and my fever was down. It ended up, I was mildly dehydrated---but I had my electrolytes all outta whack!! They had him give me gatorade, and said if that didn't help in 6 hours, to call 911. He said within an hour of fighting to make me drink it, I was doing better. I normally drink ice tea---and that was what he had been giving me. But with the fever, and the nausea, and the diarrhea---it messed my system all up!

Well I need to go find something else soft to cook for supper---no idea what it will be either! I'll try to catch up with the rest of you before bed if possible!

Hugs!

Kat

Beanie, I agree with Kat sounds like a fluids problem. Try this, make some concentrate juice with pedialite or make kool aid with it and freeze it, makes yummy popsicles. I'm off to bed. So sleepy, must put head on pillow.....~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

I think I am a little better this morning, time will tell as the day goes on.

I don't think I will try to catch up on all the posts, I am way too far behind.

Kat - I am so sorry DH is still having problems. I am glad he is doing better now.

Patti - I am sorry you got hit with so much at a time. Happy to see you back on here and still keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Beanie - I agree, it is probably the electrolytes. My DM did the same thing when her's got messed up. Gatorade works great for this. Also, make sure he is in a room that gets some daylight and has a window to look out of. This can make them go crazy too!

Mandy - Glad to hear Abi is doing better. I would check out the school too, it sounds like it might be the place she would be best at.

To the rest of you gals, glad to hear everyone is doing good. Hello to all of you!

Catch you later!

Good afternoon, pals!

Well, we've got action on the house painting! Even though rain is threatening, I guess after taking off yesterday, waiting on rain that didn't come, they decided to get started and take their chances. I cant wait to see it all done.

Yeah, Kat...we'll see that Onederland someday...I really think our bodies are just hesitating to set that new weight. I try not to think about it. Also, I did try to make a ticker that wasn't just like yours!

Mandy, I'm glad to hear your daughter's school is working out...there willbe ups and downs, and some of the behaviors will worsen for a while until they get better, because that is normal in behavioral psych practices, but if they know their stuff, they will stay consistent, and those behaviors will begin to extinguish. Good luck with the school district...you are right, they will have to provide the services she needs, and you will have to prove they cannot provide them in their standard services. Each state has slightly different laws, and I only am familiar with Texas, but they are enough alike that I know you are on the right track. You may have to do a partial pay thing, but you should be able to get something.

Betty, glad to hear you are feeling a little better...take it easy, and no pressure to get caught up on personals. We just keep moving along...you know how it is!

Darcy, are you out running?

I'll stop back in later...hugs!

C.

Hi All

Both DH & I are alive and well. I went home on Monday and found that he was still a little loopy - but I kept pumping him with slimfast. Thank goodness he was pretty much done with the heaves by then. Eventually, with aspirin and liquids and a little bit of food substance, he landed back on planet earth for an extended stay.

I was thrilled to pieces when his fever stayed down for the most part yesterday, with almost no aspirin. He was lucid and much more energetic for the whole day and he even ate some solid food. I had just a little bit of a fever - nothing to write home about. None of what he had seemed to affect me. After collapsing on the couch for six hours on Monday, I was just Okey-Dokey and able to take care of him. I did stay home with him, though, until he was able to get up and get around on his own. He is still weak and tired - but he is lucid and his temperature is staying under 100.

*Whew* He surely had me worried.

So, I came to work today, only to find that there were more layoffs, and more guideline changes - basically SSDD. I haven't heard anything from the people who do the hiring at Citigroup - althoug it has only been a few days. So, I went on Salary.com to check out the income levels for teachers in my little town and was pleasantly surprised to find the salary range is not that far down from my current income. The low end is "doable" if I were to get hired on as a full time teacher. The high end pretty much covers what I am making now.

So, today I spent some time on-line brushing up on my Spanish Vocab. I think I have enough credits on my transcripts to get certified in Spanish - but I am sorely out of practice. I have never really used what used to be my fluent spanish. So sad! But while I am taking my certification classes, I guess I will take a Spanish class to brush up. I really wish I could afford to just take a year and go back to college. I really want to get certified in Math - but I know darned well that I don't have the credits to do it. I would have to take 2-3 math classes a term for a year.... *sigh* Maybe University of Phoenix has some on-line courses, or something. Maybe if I get laid off I can do it then. Hmmm. The lay-off thing seems pretty inevitable - but who knows. Anything could happen.

PATTY!!! Hugs & Love, Honey. We have been worried about you. I am thinking good thoughts. Just keep on checking in when you can.

Kat - Poor Rick! I am glad he is on the mend and I hope that the meds help a little bit.

Eileenie - I could have sent my SIL over if I hadn't been able to stay home - or I could have dropped him at her house on my way to work. Fortunately he is much better today. I guess if I am going to get laid off, I might as well use up my sick time, huh? :]

Mandy - It sounds like the school is doing good things for Abi. I agree that having her learn coping skills early will only be a good thing. Sadly, this disease isn't going away and she will have to deal with it for the rest of her life. Sooner is better for numerous reasons - not the least of which is YOUR sanity and ability to function. Good luck in battling the school district. Hugs & keep your chin up.

Mary - I can see the boys' eyes lighting up, now. They will love a trip to Disney - and you will get to see your little brother, too. How cool is that?!?

Deb - You know that you are supposed to do liquids for at least 24 hours after you PB, right? Cause the PB causes swelling which makes it harder to eat the next bite... which causes more PB's which causes swelling, which causes more PB's... It's a viscious cycle. If reducing the swelling doesn't help - then definitely go for an unfill. Constant PB's are bad. Hugs!

Darcy - what kind of business is your Sis opening? I must caution you that working with or for Family can be a major disaster... it's almost better to seek employment with strangers than to work with loved ones. At least strangers have to mind their own business. Even the best relationships can get nasty if you stress them every day. Just my 2 cents. Oh - and I have totally been flaking out on the gym. I can't remember if I have clocked ANY hours for March. I guess I could shuffle my little butt into the gym for the next few days, though.

Cindy - after looking into teacher salaries I have determined that my only plan is to stay employed long enough to get my teacher certification done asap. There isn't going to be a better time for a career change. It will only get harder as I get older.... and since I just can't stand the idea of doing this mortgage stuff for another 25 yrs, I think I had better work on getting a slightly more rewarding career path going. Time to shove my fears aside and move forward.

Betty - Hugs! Nothing worse than back pain. I hope you feel better, soon. I did totter DH out to the garden room everyday for some fresh air and daylight. It always seemed to help. :]

Kat - My DH is such a picky baby. I couldn't have gotten him to drink gatorade - I couldn't get him to drink anything but Water until he got really delirious. Only then could I trick him into drinking slim fast... I am so glad the worst has passed. I can tell you that I am NOT looking forward to taking care of him in his dotage. I think I am going to have to come up with a good way to get rich. I am going to need hired help. :]

Well, let's see... While hanging out at home, my scale has fluctuated between 281-283 - which translates to 285-287 on my doc's scale. That's ok, considering I haven't been exercising and I haven't been eating properly. Lovin' that last fill. It is keeping me in line. Like many of you, even though the scale changes are not dramatic, everyone I know has commented on how I look like I am losing so much weight - seriously. DH was commenting on it when we got home from our Vacation and a good 2-3 people a day have commented on the days when I have been at work. I know that I am not as concerned about wearing shirts than hang below my belly level these days, as long as my pants a loose. The fact that I even own pants that are loose is a modern miracle. I am sure the What Not to Wear people would approve of my current wardrobe. I still can't cram my butt into my size 24 jeans - but that is on the horizon in the not too distant future. So, that much is good.

Hopefully, everything else will start to even out, soon. DH is getting better, I am getting thinner... now if the work situation would stabilize, life would be pretty good.

Love you guys!! Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. I appreciate it a whole lot.

Hugs!

Hi All

I am sure the What Not to Wear people would approve of my current wardrobe. I still can't cram my butt into my size 24 jeans - but that is on the horizon in the not too distant future. So, that much is good.

I met Clint from what not to wear and he says 95% of people looking good is the fit of their clothing. EVERYTHING the people get on the show is tailored to their bodies and that is why they always look so great. ~Mandy

He was at a book signing at my local macy's. I have a friend that works there so I got to meet him before the crowds were crazy. I also got to meet Kat Cora from Iron Chef America, she was kinda a B*t*h. Clint was great, he was funny and charming just like on the show. My friend said he was very down to earth and only ask for a few bottles of Water and a comfy chair. He stayed and signed books for an extra 2 hours because the line was so long. My friend says he has been one of the best to work with of all the celebs that she has had to cater to at Macy's. ~Mandy

Cool! Glad to hear he is a super nice guy. So many times the persona shown on TV is nothing like the person you meet.

:]

Hey friends,

Thanks for warmly greeting me back. I have missed you all SOOOOO much.

Man, in just the last few days quite a bit has happened. I have been phoning my insurance company EVERY DAY and I snapped on Tuesday. Thats when I called my attorney. What I need was to get a denial on paper, so that Kelley could do her part of the job. Again I called twice a day with inbetween calls to the drs office. And just like magic..... I got a paper in the mail today! I phoned the lawyers office and Kelley wants the paper in her hand immediately. With some trepidation I sat infront of my BRAND NEW SCANNER and decided this was the prime moment to use it(thats why I bought it, right?) -- but how?? I pushed alot of buttons and heard a whurling sound and saw the letter on the screen. Then I had to figure out how to fax or email the thing to San Diego. After a couple of minutes I sent the email with 2 attachments -- WHOO HOO! How cool was that!! No stamp or nothing! I'm jumping, dancing..... just a total geek but I did it. Hey if I don't pat myself on the back -- who will?? So, now that my letter is in the hands of a professional I feel relieved :nervous .

Oh, I forgot to mention that I applied to transfer to another school. I'm feeling hopeful for that as well. I want to fill you guys in on they yuckky that happened at work and the stupid almost eviction. But it won't be today.

Gotta find something for dinner, cause we got HUNGRY kids here -- bye!

Hey friends,

Thanks for warmly greeting me back. I have missed you all SOOOOO much.

Man, in just the last few days quite a bit has happened. I have been phoning my insurance company EVERY DAY and I snapped on Tuesday. Thats when I called my attorney. What I need was to get a denial on paper, so that Kelley could do her part of the job. Again I called twice a day with inbetween calls to the drs office. And just like magic..... I got a paper in the mail today! I phoned the lawyers office and Kelley wants the paper in her hand immediately. With some trepidation I sat infront of my BRAND NEW SCANNER and decided this was the prime moment to use it(thats why I bought it, right?) -- but how?? I pushed alot of buttons and heard a whurling sound and saw the letter on the screen. Then I had to figure out how to fax or email the thing to San Diego. After a couple of minutes I sent the email with 2 attachments -- WHOO HOO! How cool was that!! No stamp or nothing! I'm jumping, dancing..... just a total geek but I did it. Hey if I don't pat myself on the back -- who will?? So, now that my letter is in the hands of a professional I feel relieved :nervous .

Oh, I forgot to mention that I applied to transfer to another school. I'm feeling hopeful for that as well. I want to fill you guys in on they yuckky that happened at work and the stupid almost eviction. But it won't be today.

Gotta find something for dinner, cause we got HUNGRY kids here -- bye!

:humble: This is better than a pat on the back anyday....

:ip: :ip: This is what I hope you dream of tonight (with a handsome stud laying there!!!)

:P I am proud that you are still fighting for this. (((hugs)))

~Mandy

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh something went wrong and I haven't received a notice of things being posted here since my last posting. I've been so stinking busy I didn't realize it's been that long until tonight I said what the heck? DUH! Sorry about that. I'm alive, I'm kicking...not screaming yet but I will be tomorrow cause it's FRIDAY lol. Just got in from my stained glass class...oooo ok I'm liking it now that I have the hang of it. Not sure I'll finish my project in time though..only two more classes to go and lots more glass to cut but we'll see. Anywho...I'm exhausted...3rd night out to almost 10pm and getting up at 5am are making me pooped :P yawwwwn. So I'm off for the night but wanted to say hello to my friends. I'll catch up soon!