Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nj March Chat

hee hee only 20 minutes until March so I thought I'd start the new thread. This time I'll actually know where ya are hahahah.

Hi everyone...I just got back from a class and wanted to peek in.

Diane - Sorry about Bambi and I do hope you're feeling better as well as everyone else in your family.

Darcy - I hope everything goes well with your FIL. Hope he recovers quickly and does well with everything.

Eileen...glug glug didn't go well for me today lol Hope you did better.

Bean - good job staying away from the starch filled potluck

Betty - Hidy Ho my friend. HOpe all is going well. Did you get out of that gown yet?

Everyone else...I missed ya cause this being a new thread it won't let me go back lol.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday! Hugs

I typed out my nice long post, and went to double check my mileage for Darcy (who does not have to worry about that with what is going on with her FIL) and promptly closed the wrong window, and lost it all!!! AARRRGGHH!!!!!! Will try again tomorrow.....prayers for Darcy & her FIL, and Di and her in-laws, and may Bambi RIP....(((hugs)))

you guys are such great DIL's---they should be so glad to have you!

Thanks for the new thread Sherry---and BIG thanks for directing me to it---I needed that!!!

Kat

Wholey Crap Batman !!! I just finished reading up on you all, my stars where do I start?

From Kats wacky fence hitter to Dianne and Darcy :)

I'm just going to sit back and say a prayer for our little group today and that March is the start of some good stuff happening here. God is Good !!!

I'm okay, went to the doc, got Fluid in the ears, dizzy, snot pouring like you wouldn't believe, coughing... the whole 9 yards... got meds so I'll be bouncing again real soon :scared: (((now thats a wicked thought)))

Low carb is going okay, I'm staying away from breads and pastas, stuff like that. TOM is coming so its getting harder and harder LOLOL

My boss is putting me in for a promotion aka job change.... so lets see if i get it. More work yes.. more stress yes... but I"m ready for a change I think LOLOL

Ooops gotta run kids.... TTYL

Happy March everyone!!! I am home for a few days babysitting my friend's 3 year old daughter Sofia. She became a big sister yesterday, so there is lots of excitement here. She is a lot of fun but man, I am not used to having kids 24/7. lol We were up at 2am with an accident then up at 7am for the day. I'm looking forward to a nap later, but I don't think we'll be so lucky. lol

Other than that not much new with me. Still seeing tattoo boy and things are going well. He's very sweet and my friends are all very happy that I have found someone who knows how to treat me right. lol. I'll probably start introducing him to friends shortly. Get ready Sherry! lol

I read up on everyone's posts. There sure has been a lot going on! March is a new month and let's hope it's better for all of us!

Oh, I forgot. I got my second fill yesterday. I had started out with a 1.5 cc fill, and yesterday I had 1.2 cc left. She added .8 to bring me to 2.0. Hopefully this will help. I'm freakin starving on the liquid diet though. lol. Only another day and a half to go.... Andy (tattoo boy) has been checking on me everyday, making sure I feel ok. Cute, huh?

Well it's off to the hospital to visit our new baby!

Chris---nothing takes your mind off of your own issues (hunger in this case) like an always demanding toddler!!! Good timing---she will keep you busy--and your time will pass quickly! Have fun. My 2 yr old granddaughter loves having girlie days---we do her hair up pretty, and she gets to wear a pretty dress, we even have been known to paint our nails!!! Talk about a change in personality---she gets so prissy!! The next day, the polish is chipped off (it's kids stuff) and she is playing with her favorite tractor again.....

I see you on here same time I am Mandy---hope you feel better.

You too Eileen---you guys really got it!

Betty---no morning check in? I miss it!

Darcy---Di----let us know what is going on with the inlaws.

Beannie--I am thrilled with the thought of you as a teacher---it fits!

Cindy---working again? How long til they make the call on the possible new job?

Well I will likely be around a lot this evening, Rick is out of town for a couple of days. I may have my kids here, if they are able to get the cabinet guy to change the schedule....have to see. So will check in with the rest of you in awhile....

Kat

I had a huge post all typed and ready to post and I hit the spell check button, it prompted me for an update and I lost it all. ARGH!!! I am too tired and sick to retype it all. Here is the rundown of it all.

Cindy how long until you find out the new job.

Dianne, sorry about Bambi, it's always hard to lose a family pet. I'm sure that your FIL takes comfort that Bambi is running and playing like a puppy again, cancer and pain free.

Pat, Patty, Cass, come back to play again soon k?

Kat, I finally got the card you sent, it was in a neighbors mail, she's been gone for 3 weeks and she just got home and brought it to me last night. It still works as a get well card for my death flu.

I am starting to feel better, so the doc agreed to let me stick it out at home for a few more days. But I have to rest, and take my meds like a good girl. I am trying to follow orders, really I am. I am going to rest today. DH made Soup last night, it was minestrone and he added ground beef, it was one of those Soup mix in a bag deals, from wylers/Mrs grass. I have some of that left over so that will be lunch today. I have a chicken fajita kit for dinner, easy and healthy. I'll be back later. ~Mandy

Hi all...

I just recently got a fill on Feb. 28. not sure how much i have now...

but I just started mushy today and had Soup for lunch and i was full..finally...having some cottage cheese and applesauce now...at work...I am a mother of two boys ages 4 on March 13 and a 17 month old....so they keep me busy....since DH is working two jobs...I hope DH stands for Darling Husband....cause he is..... I live in the Bergen Cty area....Hope to be on when other people are on...well gotta go for now...take care NJ

Good Afternoon!

I am kinda pumped up today because 1) it's a new month. 2) I am on vacation next week.

I am also excited because all my self denial & exercise seem to be paying off. If my scale is to be believed, I have lost another pound since yesterday. That is just so danged exciting!! It looks like I am on my way toward that 10 lb goal! Yee Haw!!

I am here to tell you that my vacation can't come a day too soon. I am so ready to be away from my desk for a few days that it isn't even funny. It is way too slow for me to be here, doing this. But, I guess the low stress thing is ok. It would be better if I wasn't worried about getting laid off all the time, though. :]

My exercise for February was 12 days - 24 miles. Add that to my big 14 miles in January and my Year-to-Date total is 38. I am going to work hard to improve that number in March. I guess DH & I will have to walk while we are at Mom's house next week.

Cindy - the pound of feathers is a good visual... Try not to get TOO pooped. You are supposed to be retired, after all... :scared:

Sherry - Thanks for starting the March thread! What class were you in?? (Nosey, aint I??) Oh - and you will have to really scrutinize Tattoo Boy and fill us in on whether or not he is a suitable beau for our Chrispy! :D

Kat - I really hate losing those posts... It's not fun. But, hey - 34 miles for February ROCKS!! You get gold stars for exercise. :clap2: Hugs!

Eileenie - A promotion? BOSS MAN is putting you in for a Promotion? So, did he finally pull his head out of his @$$ or what? I guess all your stressing has been toward a good cause. So will he still be your boss? Or will you get a new one? Hope you get it! :gluck:

Chrispy - how fun... you get to play with a young 'un; snuggle a baby and get concerned phone calls from Tatto Boy. Glad to hear all is going well. Andy sounds like a winner, so far. :love: I am counting on Sherry to give us her honest opinion.

Mandy - it sounds like you might finally be on the mend. Be good! Hope you are feeling better, at last. HUGS!!:)

Well - I have to run. Hope everybody is having a great day!!

Hugs!

Welcome NJLoser! Not all of us are in NJ...we just found each other in NJ, and still hang out here. Stop in anytime, and tell us more about yourself!

Chrispy, that tattoo boy sounds pretty good. Good luck with the new fill.

Beanie, way to go! I think it sounds like your "head work" has caught up to your band. It worked like that for me. No sweat, right?

Mandy, be a good girl! It sounds like you are, and it's paying off! Take care of yourself, and you'll be back to your old self in no time.

Thanks to all for asking about the "new job" (even though I created it for myself!) There is not a specific time given for finding out anything...I have no idea. The budget year starts in June...enrollment ends mid-March...both of these factors have a part in the decision. The Headmaster would need to get approval from the board, and again, I don't know how that works. Sooooo, I'm just kinda waiting, and "auditioning" for the job with the work I am doing "gratis" right now. They called me to play receptionist today, tomorrow and Monday, but I just couldn't...I told them maybe Monday. The poor lady had her grandfather's funeral yesterday, then found out that her stepson was killed in an accident last night. That's just a bit too much...but then some of us on the NJ thread are a little overwhelmed right now, too...so it must be something in the Water or the planets or something?

Keep saying prayers for everyone...I am. Hope things are going better.

My miles for February = 52 (TO DARCY!!!!!)

Oops!

Sorry, Kat...I chose the exact same ticker....ya want me to change mine, or do you mind being "Twinkies" for a little while?

I don't mind, either way, your choice, since you had it first!

I made my ticker but dont know how to put it in my signature....how is everyone doing....I bought Protein Bars yesterday...i am on mushy today so i had one tonite...didnt eat much today i am hoping i am eating enough ....i dont want to gain weight...but i think sometimes i am not eating enough....i had coffee for Breakfast and Soup for lunch...cottage cheese and applesauce for snack and a wrap from McDonalds for dinner...then a Protein bar....water in between...i probably need some help on what to eat....take care NJ

I don't think a Protein Bar and wrap from McDonalds would be a mushie. I was allowed mashed potatos, ground beef and stuff like that during mushies. Not pieces of chicken, tortillas or any type of bar. I did guacamole and chunky Soups during mushies.

For the ticker, cut and paste the vbulliten code then add it to your signature in the user CP area top left of the lapbandtalk page. ~Mandy